Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Balor Formorian Confusion

Volzien

Kind of a small rant but with Hek throwing his formorians at us again, there has been a lot of confusion on what exactly needs to be done and the consequences of not successfully defeating a formorian with players hat have not completed a formorian sabotage mission before. It would be a simple fix just have Lotus inbox everyone with a "How to Kill Balor Formorians for Tenno Skoom" pamphlet when a formorian arrives just so those that haven't sabotaged a formorian before can find out what exactly they need to do. Like the initial inbox for the "Eyes of Blight" event, instead of being told go check the wiki or false info because someone dislikes that particular relay. 

If this sort of post does not belong in this category feel free to move it to the proper section.

we will loose the relay anyway...

Well ya with that attitude o: While I would like to not lose anymore relays, actually losing the relay isn't the main focus on this. It's to help get information to people that want to know how to do exactly what they need to do if they are interested in special alerts like this if they haven't ran one of these missions before instead of mass spamming chat with questions and just getting told things like check the wiki.

we will loose the relay anyway...

We have, what, 2 or 3 days to destroy a spaceship that dies in under 6 hours?

Now that there is incentive to repeat the Balor Fomorian mission due to the chance of dropping Imperator Vandal parts, it's going to be very difficult for any of the relays to fall again unless Hek seriously steps up his game.

I mean it definitely wouldn't hurt anything to give a bit more information to people. I can get behind them giving a small pamphlet-like informative email to everyone explaining the steps to everyone on how to construct the disruptors and then use them.

+1

A message is needed.

1. Get iztal

2. Go solo mode

3. Blink to shield and destroy

4. Fly to other shield and destroy

5. Go inside and click disruptor from gear tab

6. Shoot core nodes then core

7. Collect cores

8. Repeat

I go solo because I can do a run in less than 5 minutes(including load in time). I find it amazing how many times players die and how long a simple mission can last.

+1

A message is needed.

1. Get iztal

2. Go solo mode

3. Blink to shield and destroy

4. Fly to other shield and destroy

5. Go inside and click disruptor from gear tab

6. Shoot core nodes then core

7. Collect cores

8. Repeat

I go solo because I can do a run in less than 5 minutes(including load in time). I find it amazing how many times players die and how long a simple mission can last.

True its pretty easy to clear the mission solo with itzal. You basically listed exactly what I normally do. I usually spawn into pubs having to revive 2+ people. Like I said it would be great if everyone got an inbox message like the EoB one every time a formorian decided to show up. Glad we managed to keep Orcus relay safe.  Even though I knew we would end up saving it through people farming for imp vandal and cores.