Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Exalted Blade A Charge Attack Already.

Epsik-kun

Obviously we need charged attack to go like this

Best answer, 10/10

Obvious reasons aside, people ask why exalted blade needs charge attacks and people stated just spamming waves is plenty but let me ask you, WHY exactly is excal usually doing nothing else? Would a little variety rly hurt that much? I mean hell, the need for duration even killed possible surging dash builds whats just a shame...

Its set around melee damagewise, excluding combo multipliers, stance multipliers and charged attacks. The damage is kinda bigger due to the strength affected base but it's nothing but medicore. The only aspects that rly work for EB are stealth multipliers (Rb/naramon) and the range. Thers litteraly nothing else. You don't pay much but you don't get much eather...whats eb compared to a frame that casts AND does the same frickin damage with weapons simultaneous?

He needs charged attacks because EB is nothing but a weapon. Could just as well be threated like one and not beein excludet from evrything.

How about something for a bit of insane waveclear/damage against hordes of enemies in higher level defense/survival/interception missions? You'd charge the attack and the blade would glow brighter and Excal would be rendered immobile <(this is up for debate, so feel free to say your thoughts on it). At this point you could either roll to exit the charge animation if u changed your mind, or you could release the melee key to launch the ability. Itd be a large, extremely fast blade wave, like a...giant, horizontal radial javelin. Itd have a longer range that RJ, be a near hitscan, and would damage/kill anything in the players field of vision, at the cost of...some energy (im not the greatest with reasonable numbers). However the damage would scale off of your melee weapon just like normal E blade, allowing for higher damage than radial javelin for late game. 

I'm quite confused to see people ask for a mechanic, that is flawed right now. Lots of people are rather annoyed how charged attacks work, so why demand it right now?

It might be better to wait and see how it develops first. This also could be a main reason why they don't do it, they do not want to impact warframes with melee changes as much.

• 1 month later...

To answer the question of why we need this:

1. There are actually people like me who play Excal on sorties and at some point, damage from just EEEEEE doesn't cut it anymore. You actually have to use the knockdown move of the 4 swing combo or the knockdown move of the jump attack to do instaknockdowns and CC or use the sliding blind move to CC as well. Now, CC is very very important so since we have a slot (charged attack) left to provide Excal with even more CC or some kind, why not??

2. If Valkyr can have a charged attack, I don't see why Excal can't or shouldn't have one.