Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Paper Skin

FallingHeaven

Question

I used rhino in t4 defense last night. 40 waves. I died most often, even with a trinity in the squad. Iron skin is nearly/completely useless during the last 5 waves.

Now I kind of expected that since iron skin is a durability ability, not a duration ability.

My question is exactly what level is the enemy during wave 35-40?

Thanks

Edited by FallingHeaven

16 answers to this question

Usually 80+

Iron Skin is a crutch that gets kicked out from under you by those nasty T4 end game baddies. 

You really have to build for armor and vitality (and shields if you want) for those post game rhino runs. Stomp will be useful in stunning, and you'll want to roar to boost your friends.

Ironclad Charge + Ironskin = 40k+ Iron skin hp.

There you go, now go tank everything.

What this Tenno said... I wasn't a believer until I maxed the mod and Rhino charged past 5 Grineer troopers in a high level sortie and gained 450% armor from doing so! Immediately hit Iron Skin and was very happy with my new tankiness.

Not as good as when you could self damage for an armor buff, but nothing to shack a stick at either. Haha.

Give the syndicate mod a try... You'll love it.

What this Tenno said... I wasn't a believer until I maxed the mod and Rhino charged past 5 Grineer troopers in a high level sortie and gained 450% armor from doing so! Immediately hit Iron Skin and was very happy with my new tankiness.

Not as good as when you could self damage for an armor buff, but nothing to shack a stick at either. Haha.

Give the syndicate mod a try... You'll love it.

It's even better on infested. Got 1026% (Give or take) extra armor and tanked a crowd of level 80 sortie infested chargers and ancients.

I used rhino in t4 defense last night. 40 waves. I died most often, even with a trinity in the squad. Iron skin is nearly/completely useless during the last 5 waves.

Now I kind of expected that since iron skin is a durability ability, not a duration ability.

My question is exactly what level is the enemy during wave 35-40?

Thanks

Since it's a durability skill, it works exactly like Frost's Snow Globe. It even has that 3 seconds of invulnerability in the beginning, where it absorbs damage and  adds to the health of Iron Skin.

It might be good to have the Iron Shrapnel mod on , to blast it off on surrounding enemies and then reapply the Iron Skin. You don't even need to explode it around surrounding enemies, it's good to just explode it off and reapply it.

Edited by VoidWraith

50% (Effected by power strength) per enemy you hit for 10 seconds (Effected by power duration)

Charge into a crowd of mods, then use Iron skin. 

Even funnier, the armor--> Iron Skin HP conversion is affected by power strength, it gets ridiculously high super fast, only downside is that it basically feels like Ironclad Charge is mandatory now, I'd gladly trade the "increased damage vs Stomped Targets" gimmick for built-in Ironclad Charge.