Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Second Dream Lore Questions.

MokutoBunshi

I would like to ask lore experts and fans out there like @DKdiamantes (I watched your stalker lore video but your missing a few things)

Here are a few questions for you.

If the operators feel pain through warframe (as stated by my operator in a game "transference makes this hurt")

WHY didn't the lotus unplug valkyre when she went MIA?

What is the stalker if he "USED TO BE" a tenno according to hunhow? Is he energy? Did he actually get into his warframe since we know a kid sized person can fit? Is he energy like once though?

Did he kill and transfer himself to the warframe?

Would this closer bond allow for the greater number of powers that he displays compared to most warframes?

What kind of warframe is he? Where was that warframe manufactured? What was its purpose?

In general

we have NO IDEA (as players[as tenno{confusing, a little, but yes the players are tenno in a dream (the game?)}])

how much of the being is the tenno and how much is the physical suit that makes up the will of the warframe...us.

Only hints.

All in all good writing DE and what do you Tenno think? I for one am super happy knowing I am a

tenno/player/human shame in the back the we do not speak of.

But your opinions are important.

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace out.

1 - I don't think the Lotus has any power over the Operator's connection to the Warframes.

2 - We don't know. Questions to be answered in the future.

3 - His Warframe is likely a custom build, possibly created from an Excalibur.

Very concise..... But the mysteries still bug me.

]\'[

In as much as Valkyr: As of the moment, we have no evidence to suggest an outside source can actually tamper with Transference to the extent of outright shutting it down or establishing it. Lotus maybe able to access the Revive systems (Hidden Messages) or surge very rarely (Vor's Prize) but she may not be able to directly activate or deactivate a link.

Furthermore, it could come down to logistics, where she'd need an 'in' for that particular Tenno and, due to the situation that caveat wasn't there. Whilst it may be logical to ask 'why not just do this', the similarly logical response is that 'seeing as it wasn't, arguably it wasn't an option'.

Stalker remains an enigma, though it may be pertinent to remember people can belong to a group but not want to accept they do. Self-denial and the like are very powerful and very damaging problems to overcome, especially if you can weave a narrative that backs up your 'I'm not one of them' stance.

Specifications of his Warframe and the rest are likely something to be dealt with at a later point of time, if at all. Remember, it can be possible that it's an entirely custom model, much like Mesa's and Limbo's were purported to be. Which leads to some interesting potential in and of itself if true.

Any rate, apologies if perhaps not concrete enough, but it's the best I can say for now with the information as it stands.

We don't know what happens if a tenno is disconnected without proper procedure.  The mind might not be able to transfer back without the Operator being awake so disconnecting her might have left her consciousness trapped within the frame, suffering the exact same fate as she did, while the Operator's body would be left brain-dead.

Have you seen the Matrix? 

When Cipher betrays them he starts unplugging people and they just die, they don't wake up in the real world again.

Also, waking her would have put all other tenno at risk, as was Lotus' fear during Second dream and why she was reluctant for us to return the Moon and wake everyone.  So instead she left the decision to us, those who would be affected by that risk.  We had to choose to either sacrifice her for the good of many or stick by her and do everything we could to get her out.

My tentative theory re: the Stalker is that he is actually piloting the warframe personally. He makes a point of leaving at low health when he's defeated, which suggests a level of self-preservation that wouldn't be necessary if the warframe were just a proxy. Plus, we know that even though Transference can hurt, the warframe dying won't also kill the Operator--otherwise there'd be little point in the warframe having revival systems. Double plus, we see something similar in Hidden Messages and The Limbo Theorem, where the Tenno and the warframe are (at least in context) referred to interchangeably, and their deaths are given a great deal more weight than would be warranted if only the warframe was in danger.

As to Valkyr...besides what others have said, I would also offer the simple answer that the Lotus is neither omniscient nor omnipresent. Several things in the story have taken her by surprise, there are a number of instances where she's acted too late or nearly too late (e.g. Vor's Prize), and she's acknowledged herself that there are gaps in her memory. Whatever the situation re: Transference being remote-toggleable, it's worth considering also that Lotus may have just not known, or not known until it was too late to do anything.

I'll put it this way. Lotus put us IN the second dream right? The only reason I could see that she couldn't take us out is if she had to manually go to the

moon

and unplug her. But in the VERY begging she is able to remotely "wake" us up.

What I said may be a little confusing.

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi

We don't know what happens if a tenno is disconnected without proper procedure.  The mind might not be able to transfer back without the Operator being awake so disconnecting her might have left her consciousness trapped within the frame, suffering the exact same fate as she did, while the Operator's body would be left brain-dead.

Have you seen the Matrix? 

When Cipher betrays them he starts unplugging people and they just die, they don't wake up in the real world again.

Also, waking her would have put all other tenno at risk, as was Lotus' fear during Second dream and why she was reluctant for us to return the Moon and wake everyone.  So instead she left the decision to us, those who would be affected by that risk.  We had to choose to either sacrifice her for the good of many or stick by her and do everything we could to get her out.

That makes good sense.

My tentative theory re: the Stalker is that he is actually piloting the warframe personally. He makes a point of leaving at low health when he's defeated, which suggests a level of self-preservation that wouldn't be necessary if the warframe were just a proxy. Plus, we know that even though Transference can hurt, the warframe dying won't also kill the Operator--otherwise there'd be little point in the warframe having revival systems. Double plus, we see something similar in Hidden Messages and The Limbo Theorem, where the Tenno and the warframe are (at least in context) referred to interchangeably, and their deaths are given a great deal more weight than would be warranted if only the warframe was in danger.

As to Valkyr...besides what others have said, I would also offer the simple answer that the Lotus is neither omniscient nor omnipresent. Several things in the story have taken her by surprise, there are a number of instances where she's acted too late or nearly too late (e.g. Vor's Prize), and she's acknowledged herself that there are gaps in her memory. Whatever the situation re: Transference being remote-toggleable, it's worth considering also that Lotus may have just not known, or not known until it was too late to do anything.

Now THAT I did not know. "she's acknowledged herself that there are gaps in her memory." WOW. Where does she say that?

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi

Now THAT I did not know. "she's acknowledged herself that there are gaps in her memory." WOW. Where does she say that?

]\'[

I think she said something about it in Vor's Prize but I might be wrong...  Then there's Hidden Messages and the Natah quests.  Hidden Messages being about her regaining the memories of losing Mirage during the war and Natah not having her recognise the Sentient drones at first until her memories return later.

Edited by Katinka

I think she said something about it in Vor's Prize but I might be wrong...  Then there's Hidden Messages and the Natah quests.  Hidden Messages being about her regaining the memories of losing Mirage during the war and Natah not having her recognise the Sentient drones at first until her memories return later.

Never occurred to me that lotus also forgot things like we did.

]\'[