The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Is Ridiculously Op - Lvl 200+

(PSN)Andy2k7

Another Valkyr Thread......

No matter how many threads you want to make nothing is going to change you should really move on to nerfing something else, It's been more than a week about nerfing Exalted Blade give that a shot.

No, never Change can be made.

Valkyr is the frame that openly admits God mode...while people complain about other frames being OP. But when you make a (THE GOD MODE)frame is OP thread everyone calls you crazy....

So the excuse for valkyr's God mode is that against the corpus and the corrupted she can be stopped......

That's invincibility against infested and Grineer and then it's just harder to kill corpus.

Valkyr is a joke, Nothing in any game should have God mode for that long.

That's your opinion and others disagree, in the end the frame hurts no one and people enjoy playing the frame so why not just let it be.

Why not use this energy to get frames like Volt,Mag and Hydriod buffed ? Ask DE to make some actual content for the game ?

That's your opinion and others disagree, in the end the frame hurts no one and people enjoy playing the frame so why not just let it be.

Why not use this energy to get frames like Volt,Mag and Hydriod buffed ? Ask DE to make some actual content for the game ?

Balance my friend balance...but actually I am using this energy to get volt buffed. I literally just made a thread a minute ago.....weird coincidence. Also I often do ask DE to make game content but if they keep making things without fixing previous things eventually we will end up with a giant pile of trash.

A Hysteria Valkyr is confined to only a few scenarios, survival being the most obvious. She has no place in defense without some other frame doing the cc or aoe damage. Reach and Primed Reach let you shrink the bubbles easier, but when you get nullifiers coming like 4 at a time at high levels, you will very quickly get fed up with having to position yourself properly and acting carefully without so much as a 30 second rest between the nullies coming, takes all the fun away. And nullies can also make it impossible even to use her as a revive frame. So all in all she has pretty limited use. I doubt there are many players out there doing survival until lvl100 or so. Usually people start bailing at about 80-100 when they start dying, so what good is valkyr there, revives to help others get to the exit. A fat lot of good that is. And that's if the fallen frame is not inside a null field. You can also get drained if there are a few leeches nearby and then get one shot. So all in all, she is hardly OP.

EDIT: yes, there's one thing where she's OP - making solo survival videos, that about wraps it up.

Edited by frohdoe

A Hysteria Valkyr is confined to only a few scenarios, survival being the most obvious. She has no place in defense without some other frame doing the cc or aoe damage. Reach and Primed Reach let you shrink the bubbles easier, but when you get nullifiers coming like 4 at a time at high levels, you will very quickly get fed up with having to position yourself properly and acting carefully without so much as a 30 second rest between the nullies coming, takes all the fun away. And nullies can also make it impossible even to use her as a revive frame. So all in all she has pretty limited use. I doubt there are many players out there doing survival until lvl100 or so. Usually people start bailing at about 80-100 when they start dying, so what good is valkyr there, revives to help others get to the exit. A fat lot of good that is. And that's if the fallen frame is not inside a null field. You can also get drained if there are a few leeches nearby and then get one shot. So all in all, she is hardly OP.

EDIT: yes, there's one thing where she's OP - making solo survival videos, that about wraps it up.

Agreeing with everything here except the bolded part since as a toggle ability, she has immunity from leech auras much the same as Ember's world on fire, wukong's defy and primal fury, and (annoyingly) excaliboy's exalted blade.

But anyone ever notice no one says a thing about Nova's Molecular Prime slowing down enemies and thus their dps no matter the level and making them take twice as much damage as well turning them into dust bombs with an aoe?

Then Nyx's Chaos comes to mind, that's an infinitely scaling crowd control as well.

And Loki's Disarm infinitely scales and reduces their dps until they die.

So how is that frames with abilities like this (sans Loki) sneak under the "nerf thread" radar while frames like Valkyr are picked on because she has a personal "god mode" that falls on its face in the hands of a player who runs into a nullifier bubble without steel fiber, armored agility, and vitality (maybe vigor)?

Other thing being that Hysteria has damage fall off against Grineer unless you have corrosive on your weapon, infested has multiple spawning ancient healers and juggernaut at some point, Corrupted has nullifiers, bombard and heavy gunner armor, and ancients, then corpus has nullifiers,  "boss battle damage" Sapping Ospreys, and Comba and Scrambus (whichever version nullifies Hysteria much like Nul or Fog versions pull Limbo out of his Rift and nullify it afterwards).

I'm confused why she needs health steal on melee when she never takes damage, I agree make it 95% resist so Valkyr has to work to survive higher levels.

No. No. No. No.

If you take out the immortality, she would be a discount Trinity, which unlike her, she is forced into melee mode.

Install Primed Reach, or even Reach. Problem...nullified.

Seriously though. The regular damage is fine, spin attack needs to be toned down to not hit six times in a quarter second at full damage (of higher, I can't remember), and remove 100% invulnerability; 95% invulnerability would give her survivability ceiling at somewhere around...level 300? However it wouldn't be cheese, as you would have to constantly melee to regen health.

Plus, then she could actually use Rage to fuel her other, arguably better abilities, and make her stronger overall, yet less godmode easy.

no, my spin attack is what makes my valkyr useful.

It never ceases to amaze me how some players want to spoil the fun for others in this PvE game. I think Valkyr is extremely powerful and boring to play, but I don't start creating threads about nerfing her, because I know other people may like her. Why can't people just leave each other alone?

because a limbo got its feelings hurt ?

JK

in all honesty she is needed in a team due to her great survivability

and lets face it

rhino, and wukong both have a god mode power (rhine iron skin is invulnerable for # of seconds after cast, wukong defy + rage is good also)

as does saryn with regen molt +rage 

so its again suited for the user and play style