Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Is Ridiculously Op - Lvl 200+

(PSN)Andy2k7

If Valkyr's energy runs out and she doesn't manage to get enough energy to recast Hysteria she will die all the same and rage doesn't work while in Hysteria. So there is still chance to get that mag proc. She does have that armor, but health go down  fast in sorties.

Mag dying in sorties was proof that Mag is not invulnerable, Valkyr also dies in Sorties. If we consider invulnerability only during powers then Ash would be far worse.

I believe i said Mag was not invulnerable, so why are you telling me this? Valkyr can only die if not using Hysteria. Ash is not worse because there is a small delay before and after using Blade Storm. He is much safer if the player is using Arcane Trickery but he is still completely vulnerable to radial damage and stray shots. Lets not forget that DE is reworking Blade Storm as well.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Buffing every other frame to the same power level as Valkyr will do nothing but make the game even more bloated and difficult to balance. Things get nerfed in other games all the time, people in this community just need to learn to adapt and get over it.

This, 100 times.

Nerf valkyr and get some teamplay to get over it.

I believe i said Mag was not invulnerable, so why are you telling me this? Valkyr can only die if not using Hysteria. Ash is not worse because there is a small delay before and after using Blade Storm. He is much safer if the player is using Arcane Trickery but he is still completely vulnerable to radial damage and stray shots. Lets not forget that DE is reworking Blade Storm as well.

Sorry about not being clear. I meant it this way (which hopefully make more sense) - Mag Shield Polarize all enemies -> effectively invulnerability due to all enemies being dead. You replied that Mags die in sorties (as I have experienced that myself) as proof that they are not invulnerable, but I have seen dead Valkyrs in sorties as well. So that means that Valkyrs are not invulnerable as well. Both would die if they run out of energy or run into nullifier. So what would be difference between them? Higher energy cost of Shield Polarize and Pull as opposed to Hysteria drain?

Sorry about not being clear. I meant it this way (which hopefully make more sense) - Mag Shield Polarize all enemies -> effectively invulnerability due to all enemies being dead. You replied that Mags die in sorties (as I have experienced that myself) as proof that they are not invulnerable, but I have seen dead Valkyrs in sorties as well. So that means that Valkyrs are not invulnerable as well. Both would die if they run out of energy or run into nullifier. So what would be difference between them? Higher energy cost of Shield Polarize and Pull as opposed to Hysteria drain?

Mag can and will die outside sorties if the enemy level is high enough. Shield Polarize doe not guarantee a kill on all Corpus units and i'm not referring to Nullifiers. Mass AoE is not the same as being able to completely ignore all forms of harm, procs, and CC. You keep talking about when out of energy and not using abilities but we're specifically talking about when they do use these abilities. Valkyr is 100% safe while Mag is not.

Mag can and will die outside sorties if the enemy level is high enough. Shield Polarize doe not guarantee a kill on all Corpus units and i'm not referring to Nullifiers. Mass AoE is not the same as being able to completely ignore all forms of harm, procs, and CC. You keep talking about when out of energy and not using abilities but we're specifically talking about when they do use these abilities. Valkyr is 100% safe while Mag is not.

OK, I know that sometimes they survive, if they are alone they just loose shields, but Mag still got Pull which disables surviving enemies long enough to kill them. Pull more if they are not dead yet. If someone spawns Shield Osprey Polarize again. Enemies are dead, they can't apply that harm, procs and CC. When Mag uses those powers she is completely safe. She can be entirely in different room and spam that shield polarize. She doesn't need to attack them in melee.

Mag is more dependent on weapons when Polarize doesn't finish enemies.

OK, I know that sometimes they survive, if they are alone they just loose shields, but Mag still got Pull which disables surviving enemies long enough to kill them. Pull more if they are not dead yet. If someone spawns Shield Osprey Polarize again. Enemies are dead, they can't apply that harm, procs and CC. When Mag uses those powers she is completely safe. She can be entirely in different room and spam that shield polarize. She doesn't need to attack them in melee.

Mag is more dependent on weapons when Polarize doesn't finish enemies.

Yep, Mag actually has to make an effort to survive. Valkyr does not.

Yep, Mag actually has to make an effort to survive. Valkyr does not.

Yes, Valkyr has to run around and kill enemies, Mag just stands in corner and spams Shield Polarize. Depends what you consider worse.

Question - would increased energy drain solve invulnerability issue? If Valkyr would be forced to drop it much faster would it be better?

Edited by icewindlord

Alright so I've been reading through all the posts here and this is my idea for rework of Hysteria ( yes I understand one rework has already been done), but please hear me out.

Personally I'm neutral here on the " Nerf or Don't Nerf " groups and see both points of views.

Anywho, introduce a Health Gating mechanic to Hysteria that would have Valk take damage while in Hysteria, but she would still be nigh invincible.

For those of you who do not know what Health Gate is, I'll give a quick explanation. Say you take a bombard rocket straight to the mouth while in Hysteria, you could only lose a maximum X% of your maximum health in a given instance of damage, and can not take damage from any other sources for say 0.5 Seconds I say take this a little bit further and make a min amount taken to so Valks not still "GodMode" on lower lvl missions.

So there's a quick over view of Health Gate, so let's say we make Valks Health Gate while in Hysteria 10% of her Maximum Health in a given instance of Damage and can only receive that amount of Damage every 0.5 seconds. That means that if you would come to a complete stop in a mob with one shotting capabilities she can face tank for 5.0 seconds total. Here's where the fun begins :) we change around the innate Life Steal Valk has. We change it to where she can only gain upto 3% of her maximum health per strike to where as long as she can be putting out insane amounts of Dps she can still be nigh invincible. So if she's not dishing out the Dps she can be cut down, risk Vs. reward here would make for more frantic gameplay seeing as she is the beserker frame.

Also include a Min amount of health lost for lower level missions so she is still fun to play, say 0.75% max health lost??

So now she can still be killed while in Hysteria, but in the right deserving hands can be almost invincible. Key word almost :)

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned before, but if it has please don't send me to the corner :(

Whats with all this mag nonsense and what does it have to do with Valkyr being completely broken ? Mag is only good against corpus and insta dies if enemies are high enough.

Whats with all this mag nonsense and what does it have to do with Valkyr being completely broken ? Mag is only good against corpus and insta dies if enemies are high enough.

I don't understand why he is comparing Mag to Valkyr's invulnerability either - It's 2 completely different things. It makes zero sense.

Edited by EmptyDevil

I always thought it off that Valk had complete immunity with very little drawback, so much so that it's not really a drawback.

Then compared to other tanking frames like Frost and Rhino, they don't come anywhere close to Valk as they will die quickly against high level mobs but she will just ignore them and continue on like nothing happened. The game seems to favor the max 95% damage reduction number, so why not just make it so Hysteria gives X% which is increased by power str mods to a max of 95%?

I just always thought her immunity aspect was to good, and when she shames the other tanking frames then there is probably something wrong.

Huh, I stand corrected. However, valkyr is still pretty balanced, she's limited to melee and you won't have a good time if you try to do anything else with her.

My apologies, it's been quite a long time since I've used her, and when you said that I decided to test with her a bit.

Trust, me though, the melee limitation is much worse than it seems.

You're telling me... When I use her the flying enemies give me more trouble then the Nullifiers.

Lol, you know what, I'm so tired of these posts I'm gunna agree, Yes she's too OP.

Of course I don't actually think she is but if enough inexperienced players think they're getting unjustly rewarded for playing her; she simply must be.

So please just nerf her to useless status so I can stop seeing these posts. I hardly play her anymore since they reworked Hystera and Hysteria is awful for Defense/MB/Interception, basically anything but Ext and Survival, yet melee weapons are equally bad compared to melee ulti abilities so I can't justify building her any other way.

P.S. You might want to compare her to other good frames and not the bottom Tier garbage they've been adding over the past year. (Excluding Mirage)

According with someone who gave me a warning, this thread is supposed to be a constructive conversation.

Guys, stop making fun of the guy crying about Valkyr killing more than him.

And welcome, second warning.

inb4 Valkyr gets nerfed, 2 days later a new thread rises: Blind Mirage is broken DE, she is blinding everything, ffs nerf it.

Mirage gets nerfed, 2 days later a new thread rises: X frame is broken DE, she/he is very good at something when you build it right, ffs nerf it.

Edited by BakuDM

The sad part is after they Nerf Valkyr, they will just move on to the next frame them deem OP.

I wouldn't worry about Valkyr getting nerfed.  If DE didn't wan't invulnerability in the game then frames like wukong and limbo wouldn't exist.

Each frame has a different type of invulnerability equipped with their own advantages and draw backs.  Valkyr is just popular to bash on.