The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On What Should I Use My Orokin Catalyst On?

Gravitas2

Question

I got one from an alert mission and I'm wondering on what I should use it on. Should I use it on a primary or melee weapon? My frames are excalibur and rhino. The melee weapon I'm considering using it on would be my dual ether swords. (I'm still fairly new at this game)

16 answers to this question

Catalysts are fairly rare, but you can usually reliably get one every couple of weeks.

What you use it on depends on what weapon you like to use the most and want to get more power out of. While I would say that the Dual Ether Swords aren't very powerful, Catalyst or no, there usually isn't a 'wrong choice'.

If you don't plan on keeping the Dual Ether Swords for much longer, I wouldn't use the Catalyst on it. The Catalyst disappears when you sell the weapon or use it as a crafting ingredient.

I'd take a gander through the Market, or the weapons through the Warframe Wikia. Take comparisons, see what you want to work toward.

Use it on the weapon-type you have the best mods for, so you can rely on it better. For most new players, that's going to be a melee weapon.

As has been said, Dual Ether isn't the best weapon. What stances do you have? You probably want to build and use it on a weapon you have a stance for.

What are some good dual swords I could build? I enjoy using dual ether since I have a stance for it while I don't have a stance for orthos

Unfortunately, dual swords are lacking in the current game build.

If you have a whip stance, ask to go to the Void to get some Argon, and build an Atterax. Atterax is a very powerful, albeit often forgotten, whip that scales well into end-game due to its high crit chance and extreme crit multiplier. Best of all is that it only requires MR 2; you can get it right off the boat.

If you'd rather stick with what you have, you could try to hunt for or buy a spear stance for Orthos. Someone might even give you one for free, if you're patient.

Can second Atterax.  Especially since it's a crit weapon, and that sauce goes great on top of the deliciousness of EB.  Especially later on.  Hit box on Atterax can take a little getting used to, but it's a great weapon.

If you were on PS4, I'd give you a Shimmering Blight, I must have like 30 of the stupid things >.>  As it is, all I can do is wish you luck.  Orthos only needs the stance for capacity though, it's got its own unique moveset that actually works better than either of the two stances.  If you've got a little plat, Orthos Prime (at least on PS4) only runs about 15p, and is good forever.

I asked myself the same question when starting out and went for it, it was very good for a while, but yesterday I ended up selling them, my advice, save your potato for a primary that you like or the galatine if you are dead set on using it on a melee

What are some good dual swords I could build? I enjoy using dual ether since I have a stance for it while I don't have a stance for orthos

I think I have a second Shimmering Blight and I'm PC. Hit me up when I'm on, I'll give you it.

Orthos Prime is a good Polearm, so is Tonbo. I like the Tonbo more, but I have both and both are good in their own ways.