Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Farming...

(PSN)supersocc11

Question

I keep seeing all of these people talk about how they can get 20k per run...When I do the stealth kill exterminates i only get like 8k.  Also, I do 4 rounds of Draco with Atlas (greater lens equipped) and I landslide everything to death and get the most kills but only get 10k...What am i doing wrong?  Help!!!

15 answers to this question

Well in my experience with Draco you need a real DPS frame like Equinox, Ember, Excalibur(Radial Javelin), Ash, or at the very least Saryn. When my wife has to do her runs I find that deception on solo allows for a pretty effective gain in focus if you stealth kill and move on past the ones you've alerted. Unlike PC we don't have the 2 meter radius death auto alert nerf yet so right now. This is only viable with Ivara, Loki, Ash, or the Zenurik(?) passive Shadow Step.

It's how affinity gains are calculated:

Use a warframe power that kills, 100% goes to the frame

Use a weapon 50% goes to the weapon & 50% goes to the frame.

So unless you have a lens on your frame and the weapon your killing with you lose 50%.

I am not 100% sure How focus gains are for powers that use melee weapons like landslide , I do know that Hysteria yields less 

focus but this may be limited to that frame.

For me Solo stealth runs can yield 10k to 20k depending on the number of mobs in the mission. (No booster) and there about as fast as Draco.

Edited by DxAdder

I keep seeing all of these people talk about how they can get 20k per run...When I do the stealth kill exterminates i only get like 8k.  Also, I do 4 rounds of Draco with Atlas (greater lens equipped) and I landslide everything to death and get the most kills but only get 10k...What am i doing wrong?  Help!!!

Go do Deception on Sedna (I use Ponaturi) or Ceres.

Here's a vid.  Probably some saucy dialogue (don't remember specifically, but it's AGGP, so it's a safe bet), may be NSFW-ish for some.

For stealth runs you must equip the greater lens in your weapon (I suposse Tonkor, Galatine, War, etc) and your warframe (Loki mostly). I usually get 7-9k focus on each one, sometimes 10k, depends how many enemies spawns.

TIP: High level Nightmare mode are more profitable.

I use the same tactics, 20 minutes on Albedo chaining stealth kills grant me 80k,with boosters.

Yeah, the only two reasons I don't use Albedo are I just don't like that room (density's a little low for me), and every now and then Orthos Prime decides to let a Gunner live and then bye bye stealth chain.

aka Imma big ol' scrub

Edit:  Grammar's hard.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

Yeah, the only two reasons I don't use Albedo are I just don't like that room (density's a little low for me), and every now and then Orthos Prime decides to let a Gunner live and then bye bye stealth chain.

aka Imma big ol' scrub

Edit:  Grammar's hard.

What do you run on Ceres then? 

After a few runs I had the same problem with Orthos Prime so I changed to War or Galatine and everything dies all the time.