Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Nova Rework?

(PSN)Keiji_Haku

several ideas have been posted in the past, most of them revolving around giving her the saryn treatment, ie more synergy/combos with her kit and less 1 button does everything

mostly i would just like her Mprime to ONLY chain-react if triggered by her #1/2, that way those abilities would have more use and her mprime could be more controlled/purposeful [vs the just crazy spam-boom it is now]

this could be 'balanced' by giving the rest of her kit some more cc and/or giving the mprime even more dmg if chained properly [maybe like her #2 could deal more dmg based on the amount of #1 orbs available when cast, then both of those things could multiply the dmg from the mprime chain]

I'll say this in advance if this ever gets implemented. RIP Nova.

Nova isn't as squishy as is beng described if you build her right. She should always have prime flow and quick thinking. Rage too if you're going end game. She only needs 145% strength to get the max slow effect on enemies. That's accomplished with an intensify and a power drift, 2 mods. Hardly very taxing to accomplish. I really like Nova and could not disagree more with the suggestions to change her. Forcing synergy is stupid and made me stop playing saryn. 

I don't get why anyone would be against interactive powers. "I wouldn't personally use this" is an odd argument for excluding useful features. One of the biggest problems with Warframe's mentality from two years ago was that gameplay was highly reactionary. For the most part, you are responding to the enemies around you. This isn't inherently bad, but what's inherently superior is when it's mixed with active gameplay - using your tools in creative ways to generate openings.

But that's philosophical. And Nova has plenty of synergy anyway.

I don't think Nova needs a 'rework'. She is easily the best artillery frame in the game. AMD may have damage reduction vs. infested, but even if you're using a fast build, any non-crit automatic weapon will turn it into a nuke. If things survive AMD, you're doing it wrong. One change I would welcome is being able to send AMD through a wormhole.

Wormhole is cool on paper, but with Parkour 2.0, it feels like a waste of energy when a quick maneuver will get the job done. Useful on certain interception maps, but otherwise has no meaningful application. It could use some tweaks, or some combat application, like the aforementioned AMD combo. Perhaps make the wormhole a rapid transit that can be interrupted with aerial maneuvers, rather than instant transferral. At the very least, make the wormhole two-way. That change has been a long time coming.

Nullstar is useless. Period. This power should be buffed dramatically, or scrapped and replaced.

MP is perfect. Change nothing.

Footnote: Saryn is better. One-trick ponies are boring. Spec pure range with a side of Transient Fortitude and see the light of the Lockdown Queen.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

i main him too. I play him differently then you. Relevance and impact is a matter of opinion, my friends and I have found him extremely relevant as DPS and one that can kill quickly.

I already said i have seen it frameskip multiple times.

AMD doesn't scale, and its also radiation damage, which isnt very effective late game unless she could proc on enemies left. A 400k cap limits

Fun is a matter of opinion.

Lastly I still don't agree. She is not absurdly strong. She's good but not amazing. Shed be amazing if she wasn't so squishy. She was meant to be a damage warframe to begin with not a CC frame.

I would compromise with her, i think maybe thats whats actually needed, between the people that want to seem some interactive changes and people that already like her as is. There were people that liked excalibur as is. A lot. The point is its not possible to please everyone. I get that some people think shes fine but i don't and im making a case against it. Doesn't mean im right or wrong.

I think a good idea would be just to scrap her abilities altogether. I know some wouldn't like it but i can't imagine a better compromise.

Nova is an extremely solid frame ability-wise, tempered by her need for proper mobility usage to mitigate incoming damage, even with MP active.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say AMD doesn't scale; it increases your ammo efficiency on weapons by 400%. Even on Infested your efficiency is amplified by 200%, not to mention that you can cater one of your weapons to another damage specialty. Would you rather it deal Finisher damage? Pure damage abilities never truly scale, so comparing AMD to any of Excal's damage abilities is pointless.

Also worth mentioning is that even vs. Infested, she's still amplifying incoming damage 2x and slowing everything in range. She works well with varying loadouts as her kit doesn't rely on any weapon type in particular to be effective. Against infested you need only to bring a corrosive-modded AoE weapon and she wreaks just as much havoc as before. Just remember to keep either your Primary or Secondary for single target dps to take out healers and you're essentially golden.

Nova has always had utility in her kit; to call her a pure damage frame when it's never been the case is a poor line of reasoning to use as justification for the rework you think she needs.

Whether or not you "agree" is not really that relevant; she's extremely efficient from a numerical perspective. #1 is her only ability that's really lacking. She could use some usability tuneups and the ability to use power strength properly with AMD (even though it really doesn't need it), but there's a reason she's valued at all levels in all content. She interacts with allies well, as all but one of her abilities can be affected by them or positively affect them, which is why outside of Draco people ask for her instead of Excalibur, who is significantly more selfish with his abilities when he's not spamming Radial Blind all over the place.

Edited by Leuca

Nova is an extremely solid frame ability-wise, tempered by her need for proper mobility usage to mitigate incoming damage, even with MP active.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say AMD doesn't scale; it increases your ammo efficiency on weapons by 400%. Even on Infested your efficiency is amplified by 200%, not to mention that you can cater one of your weapons to another damage specialty. Would you rather it deal Finisher damage? Pure damage abilities never truly scale, so comparing AMD to any of Excal's damage abilities is pointless.

Also worth mentioning is that even vs. Infested, she's still amplifying incoming damage 2x and slowing everything in range. She works well with varying loadouts as her kit doesn't rely on any weapon type in particular to be effective. Against infested you need only to bring a corrosive-modded AoE weapon and she wreaks just as much havoc as before. Just remember to keep either your Primary or Secondary for single target dps to take out healers and you're essentially golden.

Nova has always had utility in her kit; to call her a pure damage frame when it's never been the case is a poor line of reasoning to use as justification for the rework you think she needs.

Whether or not you "agree" is not really that relevant; she's extremely efficient from a numerical perspective. #1 is her only ability that's really lacking. She could use some usability tuneups and the ability to use power strength properly with AMD (even though it really doesn't need it), but there's a reason she's valued at all levels in all content. She interacts with allies well, as all but one of her abilities can be affected by them or positively affect them, which is why outside of Draco people ask for her instead of Excalibur, who is significantly more selfish with his abilities when he's not spamming Radial Blind all over the place.

Amd is not this allpowerful ability you seem to think it is. You cant mod to make it more powerful, you cant modify the damage type and it has a 400k cap meaning thats as good as it gets.

Your relevancy is a matter of opinion not fact. Dont group up everyone either. Everyone you know brings a nova but everyone i know doesnt always ask for one. Her efficency is based on how you and your team play.

Where are you getting these ammo efficency numbers at?

I will agree shes solid but not anything beyond that. Frames are evolving beyobd solid

Excal can be modded with different elements, effectively giving higher outputs per faction. He can also use the melee hit counter to achieve more damage. The more hits an enemy can take the higher the multiplier goes. I would call that scaling but i might be wrong

Edited by (PS4)Keiji_Haku

Amd is not this allpowerful ability you seem to think it is. You cant mod to make it more powerful, you cant modify the damage type and it has a 400k cap meaning thats as good as it gets.

Your relevancy is a matter of opinion not fact. Dont group up everyone either. Everyone you know brings a nova but everyone i know doesnt always ask for one. Her efficency is based on how you and your team play.

Where are you getting these ammo efficency numbers at?

I will agree shes solid but not anything beyond that. Frames are evolving beyobd solid

Excal can be modded with different elements, effectively giving higher outputs per faction. He can also use the melee hit counter to achieve more damage. The more hits an enemy can take the higher the multiplier goes. I would call that scaling but i might be wrong

His waves don't scale up with combo counter, so unless you use some other way to rack it up, you would need to be in close range for the blade itself to hit which is not ideal.

400k damage is fine, the damage cap is 2.1 billion, we don't have to reach such high numbers for the majority of the time.

A compromise is not taking away all her skills, that is the exact opposite of a compromise.

Again, we don't need every single thing to fully interactive because "interactive" is a suggestive term. Her drop is interactive enough for me.

She is a solid frame, and one of the most in general high level play. A versatile frame that can fit in nearly any team comp.

Your asking for a rework on a frame that doesn't need it.

several ideas have been posted in the past, most of them revolving around giving her the saryn treatment, ie more synergy/combos with her kit and less 1 button does everything

mostly i would just like her Mprime to ONLY chain-react if triggered by her #1/2, that way those abilities would have more use and her mprime could be more controlled/purposeful [vs the just crazy spam-boom it is now]

this could be 'balanced' by giving the rest of her kit some more cc and/or giving the mprime even more dmg if chained properly [maybe like her #2 could deal more dmg based on the amount of #1 orbs available when cast, then both of those things could multiply the dmg from the mprime chain]

Saryn's synergy is bad design.

Please stop suggesting more bad design for more frames.

Making a power strictly bad, but allowing it to be okay only if used in conjunction with other specific powers is not synergy.  It is breaking up one power into multiple buttons.

Ivara's powers have synergy.  All of her powers are good, AND they work well together to produce greater results.

What other frames can't solo though?

Her 2 isn't unlimited and its radiation damage so depending on the situation even if you reach that 400k cap it might not be enough. Especially against infested.

I wouldn't call her 3 compensation for her low survivablitiy. If the mission calls for you to kill enemies its good for escaping but not for killing and surviving. It is fun to use though and pretty amazing for mobility but not for practical survivability. Im also not sure if survivability is even a word but it is now

I guess all the sorties I've solo'd with Nova don't count now?

Where on earth are you getting the idea that Nova can't solo?

Nova's survivability power is her #1, because molecular prime slows attack speed that your primary threat is getting ambushed by enemies who got in close without you noticing.  When the little star zips off and staggers them, you bullet jump away.

i main him too. I play him differently then you. Relevance and impact is a matter of opinion, my friends and I have found him extremely relevant as DPS and one that can kill quickly.

I already said i have seen it frameskip multiple times.

AMD doesn't scale, and its also radiation damage, which isnt very effective late game unless she could proc on enemies left. A 400k cap limits

Fun is a matter of opinion.

Lastly I still don't agree. She is not absurdly strong. She's good but not amazing. Shed be amazing if she wasn't so squishy. She was meant to be a damage warframe to begin with not a CC frame.

I would compromise with her, i think maybe thats whats actually needed, between the people that want to seem some interactive changes and people that already like her as is. There were people that liked excalibur as is. A lot. The point is its not possible to please everyone. I get that some people think shes fine but i don't and im making a case against it. Doesn't mean im right or wrong.

I think a good idea would be just to scrap her abilities altogether. I know some wouldn't like it but i can't imagine a better compromise.

You have seen it frameskip due to personal computer performance issues.  I have seen it frameskip in missions that, due to hosting, were already lagging horrifically.  I have never seen it frameskip outside of those conditions.

AMD is the third-best-scaling attack in the game, after Shield Polarize (which is getting nerfed hard in the near future) and Energy Vampire.  Nova is the only offensive frame that actually scales into the endgame against non-corpus.  Saying that 'AMD does not scale' is literally an open admission that you actually do not know how the game works.

Saying 'Fun is a matter of opinion so this frame I don't play should be changed despite the people playing that frame liking it' is pretty hilarious.

Nova is a damage warframe with great CC and a great utility power.  Literally her only washout ability is her #1, and it's actually not even that bad since you can cast it while out of combat and it will stick around until something gets close.

As a Damage Frame with Great CC, Nova would be overpowered as hell if she weren't moderately squishy.

Nova is a frame that is genuinely considered one of the most useful by players who actually play high-level content, and you're going to try to say that she's 'good but not great' because ballistas will kill her if you stand in the open?  That happens to 99% of frames in high level content.

How on earth would 'scrapping her abilities altogether' be a compromise between people who liked her and people who didn't?  That's as far away from a compromise as you can possibly get.  If you dislike Nova so much that you'd prefer to scrap all of her abilities, play a different frame.

His waves don't scale up with combo counter, so unless you use some other way to rack it up, you would need to be in close range for the blade itself to hit which is not ideal.

400k damage is fine, the damage cap is 2.1 billion, we don't have to reach such high numbers for the majority of the time.

A compromise is not taking away all her skills, that is the exact opposite of a compromise.

Again, we don't need every single thing to fully interactive because "interactive" is a suggestive term. Her drop is interactive enough for me.

She is a solid frame, and one of the most in general high level play. A versatile frame that can fit in nearly any team comp.

Your asking for a rework on a frame that doesn't need it.

slash dash does and i think you have to hit them with eb not the wave

Edit: EB does if you hit them with the blade but not the wave

Edit: That 2.1 mill cap was removed or are you just talking about damage in general?

Edited by (PS4)Keiji_Haku

It can probably be worked into a passive and to be more simple.

"Each time an enemy is affected by one of Nova's abilities is given a stack of Antimatter.

Each stack of antimatter increase damage dealt to that enemy by 10%.

When an enemy dies, Nova gets back 1 energy for each stack of antimatter it had."

"Nullstar has a 50% Blast Proc chance. If an enemy is caught in the Blast, it gains a stack of Antimatter."

Maybe reduce MP to 1.8x damage from 2x, and Antimatter drop to 3.8x from 4x to make up for what is a straight buff, but honestly I think Nova can live with a small buff that makes her use more abilities and makes Nullstar more useful.

ooooo I like this a lot. It would be a great passive. Would be nice since it isn't so invasive and doesn't drastically alter her powerset.

Still want that visual rework on MP