The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Meta For Conclave?

ss4chris

Question

>asking for meta

Anything can be used. While some stuff might be better or even a bit too good, anything can be good if used well. I recommend trying stuff out for yourself.

im asking people who play conclave  for meta. not sitting for hours trying stuff out

There is no meta, you can actually use whatever suits you better, the only thing that you need to know is how to aim, you can kill anyone with one shoot with the daykiu but you need to know how to aim with it, i use a lot the soma prime and twin vipers wraith.

There is no meta, you can actually use whatever suits you better, the only thing that you need to know is how to aim, you can kill anyone with one shoot with the daykiu but you need to know how to aim with it, i use a lot the soma prime and twin vipers wraith.

how do you aim accurately? its not like pve or  first person shooters from what im feeling

im asking people who play conclave  for meta. not sitting for hours trying stuff out

The implication is that there is no meta. Use whatever works for you. It won't take hours at all. Look at their stats, give them a try, and see if their function works well or if you have fun. As for recommendations of where to begin,

Frame? Any. Use what you know and enjoy. Mobility stat is an added feature that determines roll and bullet jump distance, and that stat is tied to 3 EHP tiers, with the sturdiest frames having .8 mobility. Take that into consideration, and don't forget that many powers have been altered.

Daikyu, Latron series, Strun/Hek series, Braton series, Soma series, and Gorgon series make up the bulk of players' primaries. Snipers are also popular among some players, but many don't do so well with them. The same goes for Opticor.

Furis series, sidearm shotguns, Vasto series, Viper series, and Lex series are popular. Kraken is good as well.

Heavy blades, hammers, nikanas, longswords, polearns, the rapier, and staves are usually what I see. Glaives are around occasionally, as well as dual swords and daggers.

Spray and pray

No. rofl

The implication is that there is no meta. Use whatever works for you. It won't take hours at all. Look at their stats, give them a try, and see if their function works well or if you have fun. As for recommendations of where to begin,

Frame? Any. Use what you know and enjoy. Mobility stat is an added feature that determines roll and bullet jump distance, and that stat is tied to 3 EHP tiers, with the sturdiest frames having .8 mobility. Take that into consideration, and don't forget that many powers have been altered.

Daikyu, Latron series, Strun/Hek series, Braton series, Soma series, and Gorgon series make up the bulk of players' primaries. Snipers are also popular among some players, but many don't do so well with them. The same goes for Opticor.

Furis series, sidearm shotguns, Vasto series, Viper series, and Lex series are popular. Kraken is good as well.

Heavy blades, hammers, nikanas, longswords, polearns, the rapier, and staves are usually what I see. Glaives are around occasionally, as well as dual swords and daggers.

Rhino's iron skin seems really annoying.

Rhino's iron skin seems really annoying.

It definitely is, no doubt. Thankfully, it decays over time and prevents energy restoration.

do i need the conclave mods to be better or can i do without them? i have none atm

The Conclave mods can certainly help a lot. You can do fine without them, but they can give some really nice advantages (too nice, even). The main ones to look for are ones that increase mobility (which all come with downsides), special mods that affect your weapon (like the Latron mod), Secondary Wind (some health restoration on kills with secondary), and such. For the most part, use whatever looks good to you.

Thinking about it, I think the only real meta is "stack mobility." The faster you can move, the harder you are to hit.

It definitely is, no doubt. Thankfully, it decays over time and prevents energy restoration.

The Conclave mods can certainly help a lot. You can do fine without them, but they can give some really nice advantages (too nice, even). The main ones to look for are ones that increase mobility (which all come with downsides), special mods that affect your weapon (like the Latron mod), Secondary Wind (some health restoration on kills with secondary), and such. For the most part, use whatever looks good to you.

Thinking about it, I think the only real meta is "stack mobility." The faster you can move, the harder you are to hit.

ya it seems movement is key.

Based on my experience, and the constant changes pretty much on a weekly bases; there isn't necessarily a "meta" if you will.

There has been a period of just Bo Prime flingers, Lex Prime one shotters, strangely accurate Gorgon Rambo-wannabes, "camping" Daikyu ninjas and so on, but with all these small but noticeable examples I've mentioned, they've all been, for the most part, non-existent at this point, due to how frequently Conclave gets balanced and tweaked, by both community feedback and the small team behind it looking at the numbers, play-testing, and observing first-hand most likely.

So with that being said, use whatever you find comfortable, play a few games, see what other users are playing, and work off from there. At the end of the day, it's almost a "what-beats-what" kind of chess-match; or more specifically, character-typing you typically will find in Fighting video games. You're going to run into Warframes and load-outs that simply will (for a lack of a better term) "outclass" what you brought to the match, for many reasons we can go on all day about. From there you're just going to need to learn how to adapt to their playstyle and setup, possibly tweak what you're bringing to the match or how you play, and learn how to counter them.

It could be simple as just using a different Warframe and/or weapon/mod, or just a matter of practice and experience overall, but sooner or later, if you stick with it, you'll learn the ins-and-outs of Conclave.

I hope this kind of answers your question somewhat, and I hope you continue to play Conclave with the rest of us. Minus the occasional new guy hoping in for the first time getting frustrated because they haven't made that connection that the PvP environment is a completely different ballpark and different train-of-thought going about through each match, the rest of us are a quite nice and small knit group of a community, and if you go to the PvP feedback or just generally talking to the other guys and gals playing ingame, we're always willing to help out with your builds and how to play the game properly which I'm sure you'll be able to find what suits you and such.

Sorry for the long-winded reply, just giving my perspective on it.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

There is a meta. It's called Dragon Nikana channeled melee attack spam with Decisive Judgement. Your main objective is to turn every opponent into cheese, regardless if they manage to dodge your attack spam. It is a supreme tactic. You will never lose a fight again.

...Wait, what do you mean your opponents can just aimglide away?

There is a meta. It's called Dragon Nikana channeled melee attack spam with Decisive Judgement. Your main objective is to turn every opponent into cheese, regardless if they manage to dodge your attack spam. It is a supreme tactic. You will never lose a fight again.

I can guarantee you that tactic is worthless against the good Conclave players I fought.

"You will never lose a fight again."? Yeaaah right.

As people have said above, Conclave completely lacks a meta. The only thing close is the "cheese builds", where you have people running around using Rhino + Iron Skin with a Gorgon or a Latron Prime in order to effectively decimate people instantly.

Personally, I find Ne Zha to be super powerful in Conclave and use his 1 all the time, if you run into someone, you take all their shields and start ticking their health instantly. Fire Walker simply spells death for any who get caught by it.

I can guarantee you that tactic is worthless against the good Conclave players I fought.

"You will never lose a fight again."? Yeaaah right.

...Wait, what do you mean your opponents can just aimglide away?

Huh. I wonder what's going on here.

Based on my experience, and the constant changes pretty much on a weekly bases; there isn't necessarily a "meta" if you will.

There has been a period of just Bo Prime flingers, Lex Prime one shotters, strangely accurate Gorgon Rambo-wannabes, "camping" Daikyu ninjas and so on, but with all these small but noticeable examples I've mentioned, they've all been, for the most part, non-existent at this point, due to how frequently Conclave gets balanced and tweaked, by both community feedback and the small team behind it looking at the numbers, play-testing, and observing first-hand most likely.

So with that being said, use whatever you find comfortable, play a few games, see what other users are playing, and work off from there. At the end of the day, it's almost a "what-beats-what" kind of chess-match; or more specifically, character-typing you typically will find in Fighting video games. You're going to run into Warframes and load-outs that simply will (for a lack of a better term) "outclass" what you brought to the match, for many reasons we can go on all day about. From there you're just going to need to learn how to adapt to their playstyle and setup, possibly tweak what you're bringing to the match or how you play, and learn how to counter them.

It could be simple as just using a different Warframe and/or weapon/mod, or just a matter of practice and experience overall, but sooner or later, if you stick with it, you'll learn the ins-and-outs of Conclave.

I hope this kind of answers your question somewhat, and I hope you continue to play Conclave with the rest of us. Minus the occasional new guy hoping in for the first time getting frustrated because they haven't made that connection that the PvP environment is a completely different ballpark and different train-of-thought going about through each match, the rest of us are a quite nice and small knit group of a community, and if you go to the PvP feedback or just generally talking to the other guys and gals playing ingame, we're always willing to help out with your builds and how to play the game properly which I'm sure you'll be able to find what suits you and such.

Sorry for the long-winded reply, just giving my perspective on it.

thanks for the reply

nice and sincere. ya trying to play conclave with my skype buddies and wife. frustrating :P