The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Drops Due To The Amount Of Loot On The Map? (Also Transmissions)

JoeSaber76

So I've been testing this with an average PC

Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU

P7350  @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Getting 30 frames on low settings and as of U18 I noticed my frames dropped to 10fps when the missions progressed. I assumed it was my Internet so I checked, everything is fine. Then yesterday while I was scrolling through "Baro Ki' Teer Salt" posts on https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/, I stumbled upon a post similar to my FPS drops.So today I tested it out with Draco - Ceres and Akkad - Eris and the FPS started dropping as soon as there was a lot of loot on the map and progressed for over 5 minutes. I hope this issue gets sorted as soon as it can for the sake of those players that doesn't have high end PCs that are getting frustrated with what is happening.

TL;DR - FPS begins to drop when a lot of loot is on the map.

Edit: Also whenever a transmissions occurs (especially Lotus) the FPS drops.

Edited by JoeSaber76

It's a reasonable conclusion. More Assets = Harder Working Machine. It's definitely something that may need to get looked at.

I'd make a shortcut ingame for that.

If any loot droped in the mission it's instantly picked up, and every player in the team gets a copy of it.

This would solve problem of loot affecting PC performance.

But it would make game easier for players (so I doubt DE would go for it)... and also it would make Carrier and Chesa useless.

I'd make a shortcut ingame for that.

If any loot droped in the mission it's instantly picked up, and every player in the team gets a copy of it.

This would solve problem of loot affecting PC performance.

But it would make game easier for players (so I doubt DE would go for it)... and also it would make Carrier and Chesa useless.

It doesn't have to make them useless there are a lot of awesome reworks choices I've seen on https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/ such as letting them pick up ammo, health and energy and letting them give you when you need it and making vacuum universal for all companions.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's a reasonable conclusion. More Assets = Harder Working Machine. It's definitely something that may need to get looked at.

Hope they do.

Core 2 Duo start to be weak for this game and U18 kill dual-core cpus performance. I use E8400 in 2 weeks ago and got fps drop in regular defense with not that extra unit on screen and Sortie infested defense was totally unplayable. Now i have Core i5 and my fps are almost tripled, Warframe performance highly depends on cpu and ram

Core 2 Duo start to be weak for this game and U18 kill dual-core cpus performance. I use E8400 in 2 weeks ago and got fps drop in regular defense with not that extra unit on screen and Sortie infested defense was totally unplayable. Now i have Core i5 and my fps are almost tripled, Warframe performance highly depends on cpu and ram

True but I was testing it because on my desktop I don't notice the drops.

Can someone explein me this i set all on MAX . Solo play ok. With other 30-40FPS battle starts 20-30 .So then i lower all disable all and its the same thing ? q-core 3.0 cpu Nvidia GF 660 6gb RAM

0.0 did you optimize the game? and what settings are on in the launcher.

I5 isn't all that much better than a core 2 duo, mainly because warframe is a 2 core (2 thread maybe) game,so having many threads and cores helps nothing really. (i mean it does help, but it won't tripple your fps, many comparisons show up a 50% increase in fps, not 200%)

Another thing i don't understand is the performance issue, i played the game using a core 2 duo at 2.13 and the game was far from unplayable, so i have no clue how can a e8400 have issues.

The only problems i faced was the long missions causing FPS drops and they solved the issue, making the game enjoyable even after 80 waves in defense.

Are you sure that when you changed from a core 2 duo to a i5 you didn't change other things aswell? i say this because a change like that indirectly mentions a socket change aswell.

I also use a core 2 duo, but it's a E8600 @ 4.0 Ghz so it's hard to say if i can feel a fps drops as heavily as the OP

Edited by KIREEKPSO