Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hi Everyone!

Facelid6

Hi there!

I just started playing Warframe a couple of days ago, and I'm loving it so for :)

Does anyone have some quick advise for a new player, in terms of what to farm and stuff like that?

I'm almost 30 on my Mag frame and currently not in a clan, so I'm kinda limited in terms of which blueprints I can buy :)

Currently I'm farming some survival missions to rank up a couple of mods and level my current weapons, but I think I'm getting to the point where I can progress a little :)

Thanks for your time! and hope to see you all in game! :)

Greetings, Tenno.

There are lots of great guides you can find on YouTube, although I prefer the one by Tactical Potato on his channel -

https://youtu.be/jdP65fmirKM

The best and most simplest advice is this: be stingy with your platinum. It's can be hard to come by without paying real money. Other than that, work on ranking up one set of good gear, keep hunting for damage and mitigation mods, unlock as much of the star chart as you can, and use the forums and wiki for any questions you have.

Also, be wary of Region chat.

Happy gaming!

Edited by DaftMeat

Hi and Welcome

At some point find your way to the Warframe wiki. It is filled with helpful information to help you find farming locations, where to find certain items and how some game mechanics work.

Another good resource is Warframe-builder.com itis a great place to experiment with mods on weapons and warframes to see how the stats change. 

You will be able to find tons of helpful videos on youtube, but I tend to stay away from other people's weapon or warframe builds because it discourages you from discovering your own way to mod or why someone would mod a certain way. Not everyone plays the same way, so not everyone's build is for you. Carve your own path with builds, it can be more rewarding. 

Another tip: Many new players are drawn to Rhino as their second warframe because he is easy to get, but I encourage new players to hold off on him for their 3rd or 4th warframe. Simply because Iron Skin is an appealing thing that can make you feel indestructible at lower levels. This can make you frustrated when you die after trying to stop bullets with your chest without Rhino. Rhino is a fun warframe to use and he has his place, just don't let it give you bad habits with game movement because you think all frames are invincible.

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos

Hi! Welcome to warframe.

Perhaps check out the clan recruitment pages.

Dont spend plat till you are more experienced other than on warframe/weapon slots.

Start farming other frames - check wiki for drop locations.

Work through the planets unlocking new areas.

Dont rush it, enjoy the journey :)

Welcome aboard Tenno! You will get tons of advice and the stuff above is very good. I would just reiterate, look for a clan. It can be a much more enjoyable experience with people who don't mind showing you the ropes. I see InglriousB has volunteered also which is the kind of thing you can look forward to in this community. There are also Guides of the Lotus in the relays you can speak to for help as well. Good luck Tenno!