Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What General Area Are The Acolytes In?

Vilitas

I can't seem to get a definitive answer from anyone. Everyone in region chat blindly suggested "look in the forums" but nobody would specify where, and after spending 20 minutes searching, I still don't know. I don't even have a general idea where the acolytes will appear and quite frankly I don't want to play through the entire starchart just to find one. Literally any information would be helpful but everyone talks about it like it's some big secret.

they change location. I don't know if the broadcaster appearance has to be found, or it is simply released after a set time, but just check your navigation and if the location is known it will display the mission. Keep in mind that you then have to search the mission. If you don't enter the right tile before you extract they won't appear.

My experience last night seemed to be Europa, Phobos and Eris.  You have to have the particular nodes unlocked on the planets or it won't let you go.  Also if you finish the objective before the acolyte shows the mission does not count towards the acolyte counter whether the mission was succesfull or not.

Hence it's funny that mission rushers get upset when the acolyte doesn't show...

DKP

I can't seem to get a definitive answer from anyone. Everyone in region chat blindly suggested "look in the forums" but nobody would specify where, and after spending 20 minutes searching, I still don't know. I don't even have a general idea where the acolytes will appear and quite frankly I don't want to play through the entire starchart just to find one. Literally any information would be helpful but everyone talks about it like it's some big secret.

https://deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html

scroll down to the 

Hunt Those Acolytes!

section and you will find: 

• TORMENT | Last Discovered: 00h 21m 47s at Augustus | Region: - | Health : 63.1771814 | Flee After: 50000 Damage | Rank: 30Discovered: NO
  • ANGST | Last Discovered: 00h 15m 05s at Sinai | Region: Jupiter | Health : 92.2207635 | Flee After: 50000 Damage | Rank: 35Discovered: YES
  • MANIA | Last Discovered: 00h 45m 13s at Candiru | Region: Sedna | Health : 96.2295654 | Flee After: 50000 Damage | Rank: 40Discovered: NO

Also if you finish the objective before the acolyte shows the mission does not count towards the acolyte counter whether the mission was succesfull or not.

wrong, it counts even after mission objective has been completed. It only fail if you die to the Acolyst or mission objective.

They drop like the stalker or G3 or zanuka. In the 1st 5 min. Where on a tileset is irreverent. Log in and stand there for 5 min they will pop or not. 5 minutes and out.

I don't think so. 

I wanted to fight one using my full Naramon focus up, so I spawned in ready to just wait until it arrived, charging my Focus for five minutes. Nope.

Then I left and wandered around the mission. Spawned, kicked its head in.

Also, check out how, where, and when they spawn, with an eye on the map. If you notice, they'll always spawn right after you cross from one tile into another, i.e. into the tile on the map which is designated as the Acolyte spawning ground.

When the mission is generated, a random tile on the map is selected. When you enter that tile, the lights will flicker, and you'll trigger the Acolyte spawn. I've had triggers in both large tiles and small dead end tiles in the middle of nowhere, so chances are all tiles on the map are fair game. Just keep exploring the map until you trigger the spawn.

Note that Defense and Interception missions only have one or two tiles (the objective tile and the starting tile if separate), so you're guaranteed to have the Acolyte spawn before you start the first wave.