The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadow Debt Event Mods Should Be End Of Mission Rewards Instead Of Dropping Mid-Mission

Unknown924

http://imgur.com/fvlq8BH

so without being able to farm them 1 min per run with leaving (was doing it in private mode) that wouldnt be 3,5 h farming time but 17.5h!
They doubled the drop chance so it woulndt take 17.5h...
just 8.75h
and im still mising the rare mod angst is supposed to drop!
imo every player that killed more then 100 Acolyths should get every rare mod (limiting the farming time to 8 hours)

the hotfix may be ok but the increase of the drop rate is much to low!

I am pretty pissed with that right now. I just killed the limbo stalker acolyte, and he dropped a "red mod?" (i was invisible). It was clearly somethign rare and I was a bit startled when it showed up as a question mark, but at the end of the mission I got nothing besides mods form the infested.

I was oign to start a new topic, bu tI feel its more appropriate to be replied here, and it is very frustrating because if that is something taht was rare, god knows when I can get it again with RNGesus.

PddhzEf.jpg

DmxCqlg.jpg

X1798yD.jpg

I checked all of my everythings, and the only I cant remember gettiong is teh rahk fluctus skin, but thats it. Sorry about all the pics, I just want to haev proof for an unusual claim.

Well, since me and the other solo players opinions are not appreciated, am glad that I farmed all of the 16 mods so far solo before the patch, because honestly taking the time to finish the mission to get a common mod is beyond absurd, my respect to all the devs, but am done with this event and not killing the acolyte any more, if it wasn't for the mods then there is no purpose for this event at all.

I loved the Idea of changing the meta differently and it made some stuff interesting, but for us the solo players who risks to play with no team-mates and try to achieve the efficient farm is gone then the game clearly needs to remove solo play if thats the game purpose, or actually reward those who solo it from those who play with full squad.

speaking generally, I feel RNG needs to be modified, stressing that RNG is the reason behind all these problems, which throws us back at drop table, please consider changing the drop mechanic to improve the game.

Well, since me and the other solo players opinions are not appreciated, am glad that I farmed all of the 16 mods so far solo before the patch, because honestly taking the time to finish the mission to get a common mod is beyond absurd, my respect to all the devs, but am done with this event and not killing the acolyte any more, if it wasn't for the mods then there is no purpose for this event at all.

I loved the Idea of changing the meta differently and it made some stuff interesting, but for us the solo players who risks to play with no team-mates and try to achieve the efficient farm is gone then the game clearly needs to remove solo play if thats the game purpose, or actually reward those who solo it from those who play with full squad.

speaking generally, I feel RNG needs to be modified, stressing that RNG is the reason behind all these problems, which throws us back at drop table, please consider changing the drop mechanic to improve the game.

I guess I can only say... Lucky you. How many runs did it take btw?

My solo experience sadly left a lot of mods still out of my reach even at almost 80 encounters to this point. Granted I didn't bail too often, and preferred to just run fast nodes like Cap or Sab. But still. Now I have no faster way to get through, and honestly, as the amount of runs is getting closer to 100, the desire to do them drops a lot, esp. on "endless" and MD nodes.

I guess I can only say... Lucky you. How many runs did it take btw?

My solo experience sadly left a lot of mods still out of my reach even at almost 80 encounters to this point. Granted I didn't bail too often, and preferred to just run fast nodes like Cap or Sab. But still. Now I have no faster way to get through, and honestly, as the amount of runs is getting closer to 100, the desire to do them drops a lot, esp. on "endless" and MD nodes.

my point exactly, I'd might keep playing the simple missions like capture, sabotage, deception and other simple ones, except endless. and i just scored 225 and I have like 2 of each rare except argon scope and maiming strike, otherwise a lot of common and uncommon, not to mention the moment i woke up this morning and played the new violence acolyte, i got his maiming strike first. thankfully RNG was with me this time, but am certain next time it wont be with me.

All I hope is that these mods become a regular after the event, drops from Stalker or something so that we still have a chance to grab it.

Or Assassinate missions.

I'm honestly already tired of playing Whack-A-Mole with these Edgelords without having to give my immortal soul to RNGesus for one of the better mods they drop. 

300 - 800 Plat prices on the Market making me get Terminal Dafuqistis-sis with me having patience to play this game for only about another week.

Well DE, your solution has made the issue arguably worse for the players that found aborters to be a problem. People farming acolytes now leave right at wave 5 of defences, right after the first wave of interceptions, and right at the 5 minute mark of survivals.

Before, while a mild annoyance, those players could be replaced as they'd almost certainly leave before a mission objective was completed. Now? Those farming Acolytes leave when it's no longer possible for someone to take their place, effectively screwing anyone in their squad not Acolyte farming.

Couple that poor decision, and the fact I'm still not convinced those rare mods even *drop* from Acolytes, and I'm pretty much done with the event and it's mods. I'll probably take a pop at each new Acolyte as it turns up and just accept whatever I get, and as we have a fixed goal for the Lacera skin, I'll probably go for that, too.

But I'm really disappointed with how this whole event has been handled. I was really excited to square up to some creepy tenno the stalker had taken under his wing, but all we've really gotten has been a tedious, time limited grind-fest with significant issues that have had badly thought-out bandaids slapped over them.

I don't think any of this was intentional and unlike some players I'm not angry at the situation, but I am frustrated and disappointed, and I hope the next event will be bigger, better, and without the problems this one has had.

Great, Angst is down to 6.8%, from 60 something last night.

"Will the acolyte still be around when I get off work?"

Barely, now me and every other poor sod is going to have to bumrush whatever node Angst shows up on to get our last mods. I've got what, an hour before this guy dies?

Great, it's a spy mission \o/ can't wait.

Edit: Got this is so ******* stupid. This much cheese is not healthy. 6.7%

Cat wants to play, keeps meowing at me. Too bad, daddy has to grind. This is way too stressful.

Edited by PublikDomain

While I am enjoying Shadow Debt overall, a large issue is starting to appear that makes this event very frustrating.  That issue is players who leave missions if they don't want the mod that drops.  This creates two issues:

Why do you even set Matchmaking to Public if you know how the hosts are then...

Giving my 2 cents after the hotfix:

After becoming tired with banging my head against a wall, but being able to abort in a private session, I'm already too worn out with this event to bother going 5 waves, or 1 wave, or completing a mission just to find out what the mob dropped. Even getting the 'silver' mods seems unachievable now, whereas before it was a realistic goal for me, and forgetting about the rare drops actually made it enjoyable again. Now I will probably just see the new acolytes just to meet em, scan em, and that's that.

This 'fix' as others have said has made it worse, its making some of us not want to join in at all, and before where aborters could be replaced because no objective had been completed, having to complete a mission to get the mod makes long sessions even harder to get a group for. Moreover, AFKing and not helping to beat up the acolyte (just picking up its mod) is now prevalent. 

As for the 'Greed' comments, I don't think its greedy to want to be rewarded in a game where you invest both time and (arguably) money, especially as these rewards aren't cosmetic. I am not surprised they 'fixed' this like they 'fixed' other things, but the difference between this and things they've fixed before is that this has a time limit, and with the other things there was generally no rush to grind Syndicate rep, or whatever. I don't mind having to work in a game for something I want, like I've said before, I'd rather that than just getting lucky. It would maybe help if we got some clarification as to whether these mods will be available again, too.

I'm not angry, I love this game, but I've never felt like this about an event before, there was always a fixed goal, which felt special among the RNG that inhabits the rest of 'regular' Warframe. I'm looking forward to the next stage, which apparently is even further away as Torment has been revived, but I will have a pop at that. The Mobile Defenses and Spies with new enemies were a lot of fun, and the fixed goals there were great, but overall this has been disappointing. Not hanging around here to debate/argue with others as many simply just don't want to empathise or understand, and I appreciate all y'all that are continuing to try to better the situation, I just don't have the strength.

Edited by SpaceSheepie

All I hope is that these mods become a regular after the event, drops from Stalker or something so that we still have a chance to grab it.

Or Assassinate missions.

I'm honestly already tired of playing Whack-A-Mole with these Edgelords without having to give my immortal soul to RNGesus for one of the better mods they drop. 

300 - 800 Plat prices on the Market making me get Terminal Dafuqistis-sis with me having patience to play this game for only about another week.

i wouldnt mind if they bring them in regularly.....as long as its NOT 1-2 years later (looking at you BURSA's, which STILL aren't in-game permanently)

Great, Angst is down to 6.8%, from 60 something last night.

"Will the acolyte still be around when I get off work?"

Barely, now me and every other poor sod is going to have to bumrush whatever node Angst shows up on to get our last mods. I've got what, an hour before this guy dies?

Great, it's a spy mission \o/ can't wait.

Edit: Got this is so ******* stupid. This much cheese is not healthy. 6.7%

Cat wants to play, keeps meowing at me. Too bad, daddy has to grind. This is way too stressful.

well to be fair Angst IS a shadow valkry heheheh

Says is that they are the ones with the issue that needs fixing, their desire to tell other people how to play.

You guys need to come up with a now reason to why aborts shouldn't occur, not demand that aborters be punished or forced to stick around you.

Seriously, if aborts bother you, just run solo.

They die nice and easy, and if you are knowing how to actually play the game, all tiles can be soloed.

So, is it then that the issue is people who are complaining of aborts can't play and won't abort themselves?

Your sentence structure is weird you brought up telling people how to play.

Well, why dont the people that like to abort party up with other people that like to abort or play solo and abort?

Why must the people that actually like to play the game bend to the will of the people that dont?

All games have rules and if you are breaking them then you should be punished, it's simple.