The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls-Like Invasions

HDWF

One thing that I think would make a fun addition to Warframe would be Invading other player's nodes once every weapon and Warframe is balanced for Conclave. It could be an alternate way of getting Conclave rep as well as present a unique challenge during farming. If the invader succeeds in killing the player or party, they would get a nice chunk of Conclave rep, while the players killing the invader could be awarded anything from Affinity to Rare 5 Fusion Cores. Obviously there should be either a cooldown or long foundry build time (If an item to invade is used) to prevent players from spamming invasions and making missions un-winnable. Now that Revive 2.0 is out, there isn't much of a problem from dying on a mission anymore. Hopefully this idea hasn't been spammed here (I didn't see anything, but I was just skimming the posts), but it's something I've wanted for a while. Bonus Points if players can have their own greetings like the Stalker, G3, Syndicates, etc. get when they invade.

No, it's simply not gonna work right now because of some facts, which are high damage weapons with no need to aim at all and abilities capable of making you/your team invincible, also some while dealing tons of damage and lasting forever with a decent build, like Valkyr, Trinity, Excalibur and so on.

With the release of Dark Souls III the Stalker helm will be availble as an alternate helmet for all warframes. You receive it by killing your operator after you decided via ingame interaction to hack Ordis and disable the void life support making your operator weak and attackable.

As consequence you will:

- lose the focus system for your entire account

- have restricted access to certain quests

- have Hunhow guiding you instead of Lotus

- be banned from all relais, but can access Hunhows lair

Without the alternate helmet equipped you can co-op as usual. Clan membership is also still possible.

With the helmet equipped your HP will increase threefold and you can't do any missions, but you will be able to join missions of other players with atleast two players in the session. There you spawn in a random location of the map. Enemies will also attack you and Hunhow tells you to kill all Tenno in the mission. PvP rules will apply for warframe to warframe combat (with numbers being internally recalculated for PvE display, because stats und numbers will display as PvE-values but will be calculated as PvP-values).

You will receive a shadow token after clearing the mission, which can be traded at Hunhows lair for unique augment mods and skins.

The decision to become an Acolyte is permanent for your account.

From another post of mine, but no problem. ;)

On a more serious note: The invasion thing has been brought up a few times since the open beta started a few years ago. The result was always the same.

The game focuses on PvE content and the people playing this content get very angry if their safezone is violated by PvP. This isn't Dark Souls after all.

The fact that we now have a seperate PvP mode with a team of dedicated developers is a small miracle, because so far PvP and Warframe has never been seen as anything good by large parts of the community. So... invading a session? Maybe never. But this sunbro can still dream~

[EDIT] Quote is meant to be satire, duh. :o

Edited by Zeranov

No.

1.) PVP weapons and abilities use entirely different values than PVE weapons and abilities, and trying to adjust on the fly sounds like a recipe for a giant smoking ruin.

2.) If I wanted to play PVP, I would queue for PVP.  If you add involuntary PVP gameplay to Warframe, the best case scenario I can hope for is having to abort my mission every time the lights flicker.

The problem is PvE uses different damage values and ability effects than PvP as well as ignores a large amount of mods.  The game can't and won't be able to change values mid missions nor can it make damage rule exceptions just for 1 target.  Even in PvP it'll be impossible to have a happy balance to every weapon. Even now there already a subset of weapons in PvP that outclass everything else.

I dunno, it was just a suggestion to help break the repetitive grind around the Starmap. To make it clear (Should have added these in the post, but my mind drew a blank when writing this post): I had mistakenly assumed that the engine would be able to change stat values, nerf/disable non-PvP mods, and be able to disable things such as invincibility during the duration of the invasion. I also should have suggested that it could be only happen while set to Public, so you and your friends could peacefully play without fear of invasion. I didn't really like the Souls series after Demon's Souls, but always kind of enjoyed always being ready for an invasion. It added an element of never feeling safe for the lack of a better explanation. I didn't realize that this was discussed so frequently or I would have never brought it up.