The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rakta Cernos + Argon Scope + Bladed Rounds.... Is It Worth It?

mrwald0

Question

I was wondering if doing something like this be better than using Crash Course on the weapon. Argon is kind of a pain to keep up on a bow, do to how buggy the mobs movement pathing is in this game. So it is kind of hard to lead targets while they are moving since they change directions and spin around in circles out of no where for no reason at all.

I only really tried it out once on a 40min T4S with ivara, but couldn't really fully test it, since i had to revive people 30 times. The damage and the crits are nice, but would this be the best build using these new mods? Has anyone tried it out on it and have the numbers of doing something like this vs the old builds with out the new mods?

vOB7qyb.jpg

Edited by mrwald0

4 answers to this question

i can definitely see that working.

Crash Course won't be useful in that many situations.

positive Modifiers or bust, almost always.

Armor Stripped Grineer i could see using it i guess, since you wouldn't have to worry about the Armor making the Impact Damage poo and it's Impact weighted.

as a general rule though, i would most definitely view those two Mods better than the alternatives, unless fighting two Armor Types, where for a Weapon to feel good against all of the Enemies, you'd need a secondary Elemental to get atleast some bonus to the other Armor Type.

This is a question I want to know about as well...

Since I was thinking of using various combinations with those new mods...

instead of going for full argon and bladed (because i haven't' managed to farm for argon... ) I am thinking of various older builds or 1 new and 1 old instead of argon+ bladed 

eg heavy cali + bladed round or bladed round + hammer or hammer + crash course, or even heavy cali

other mods are kinda all the same and I won't use others because it is normal gear for a bow.... of course unless if i feel like training myself and replace split  with speed trig... but yeah that is another story)

I would say just go straight for Bladed Rounds because aiming against certain targets is not worth it. I mean, 120% Extra Crít Damage affects Total Damage so it would be more effective than any elemental or IPS mod. And it's on kill.

If you don't Crít...well, you can fire a new arrow in the blink of an eye.