The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hysteria Energy Question

Circle_of_Psi

Question

Hay peps, So I'm kinder at a bit of a brick wall here, with my Hysteria Build atm, and I need a bit of help.

The issue Im having is, while I have built towards a super-last longing Hysteria, I can't quite seem to find the Energy to cast it upon start of the battle, and it kinder makes my build pointless, where I have to search for energy to try even use it.

So is there anyway I can change that, so I can cast Hysteria and use it?, due to that is my main weapon I whuold use, for Valk.

Thanks

Legion

14 answers to this question

The easiest answer is just to build some energy restores (BP for weak ones in the market, better ones from clan & syndicates).  Then you can start the mission, fill your energy, and then do whatever.

If I don't expect much energy to drop in the level (or I'm expecting to fight an acolyte at the start), I do this to get world on fire started for my ember.  Most of the time that's energy positive with drops once it is running.

Hay peps, So I'm kinder at a bit of a brick wall here, with my Hysteria Build atm, and I need a bit of help.

The issue Im having is, while I have built towards a super-last longing Hysteria, I can't quite seem to find the Energy to cast it upon start of the battle, and it kinder makes my build pointless, where I have to search for energy to try even use it.

So is there anyway I can change that, so I can cast Hysteria and use it?, due to that is my main weapon I whuold use, for Valk.

Thanks

Legion

Could you provide a link to your build? or you may msg me in game (IGN: Drizty)

Thanks

Legion

How much efficiency are you running? With a maxed fleeting expertise and a streamline hysteria activation costs me about 12 energy, meaning I can kick it off as soon as I spawn if I want. The added bonus is takes quite a while for the energy to drain as well, add some duration and you're golden. 

If you have max efficiency and still are having energy problems then honestly the energy restores are a great option. Medium Restores are Clan and Large ones can be picked up via Syndicates specifically: Arbiters of Hexis and Perrin Sequence. So pretty obtainable if you use the three syndicates alliance block system. 

Simple answer: Max efficiency + Rage Mod. Rage gives you energy on damage to health. So you just go into a fight, wait till your enemies fill you your energy pool, and pop Hysteria.

This is also usefull, mid battle if you loose hysteria. Makes it easier to activate it again.

You don't really need maxed efficiency. 50% will give you three cracks at hysteria and you only need one to get the ball rolling with rage.

I'm guessing there's some blind rage involved, too, which is causing the initial energy deficit. Valkyr is a balance between duration and how fast your energy runs out.

Or you can just drop a large team restore to get going.

The easiest answer is just to build some energy restores (BP for weak ones in the market, better ones from clan & syndicates).  Then you can start the mission, fill your energy, and then do whatever.

If I don't expect much energy to drop in the level (or I'm expecting to fight an acolyte at the start), I do this to get world on fire started for my ember.  Most of the time that's energy positive with drops once it is running.

Yeah, I'll see if I can scapble some of them, from them, and use them.

Could you provide a link to your build? or you may msg me in game (IGN: Drizty)

Uh, I'll need to gather it up first, and put it down, and I'll update the build once its uploaded 

How much efficiency are you running? With a maxed fleeting expertise and a streamline hysteria activation costs me about 12 energy, meaning I can kick it off as soon as I spawn if I want. The added bonus is takes quite a while for the energy to drain as well, add some duration and you're golden. 

If you have max efficiency and still are having energy problems then honestly the energy restores are a great option. Medium Restores are Clan and Large ones can be picked up via Syndicates specifically: Arbiters of Hexis and Perrin Sequence. So pretty obtainable if you use the three syndicates alliance block system. 

Unsure, Like I said above I'll post my build shortly, as for Fleeting Expertise & Streamline, Unsure if I have them Installed on her yet. But I'll poke around.

Simple answer: Max efficiency + Rage Mod. Rage gives you energy on damage to health. So you just go into a fight, wait till your enemies fill you your energy pool, and pop Hysteria.

This is also usefull, mid battle if you loose hysteria. Makes it easier to activate it again.

Rage Mod huh?, I think I have that, but smirked it over , I'll give it a look.

You don't really need maxed efficiency. 50% will give you three cracks at hysteria and you only need one to get the ball rolling with rage.

I'm guessing there's some blind rage involved, too, which is causing the initial energy deficit. Valkyr is a balance between duration and how fast your energy runs out.

Or you can just drop a large team restore to get going.

Yeah, thats the issues with Valykr Im having with this type of build, but if all Fails I might just switch over to get a Eternal Warcry Build, so I can just use my nomral melee weapon

Just going to pitch in while passing, as I met someone on oceanic region chat with a similar issue. Something to keep in mind is that duration of less than 100% will increase your energy use. At 100% duration, you will lose x energy every second, if you have fleeting expertise on (-60% duration, so 40% duration in total) you will drain that x energy 2.5x every second. Note that no matter what combinatons of mods you use, the game is coded to not drop your energy use below 25% of the original amount (per second). If you want valk to be a high power, immortal ball of angst this is the main combo of mods I would recommend -

Fleeting expertise + Streamline + Continuity + Transient Fortitude + Intensify = 462.5 Damage, 0.63 energy per second (one energy orb drop will last you ~40 odd seconds)

Toss in Flow if you want a higher energy cap, and avoid blind rage as it really increases the energy cost. If you have a primed continuity, slot it in as it'll increase the duration of your other abilities and pick a good modded melee to amp your damage up. In general though, I have found the above mods ideal for every single channeling build I have used in the game. The other 3 mods slots can be whatever you like, everyone has their preferences - but if your serious about staying invincible, its up to you whether you need Steel fiber or suchlike. I wouldn't bother with rage or quick thinking though, if your taking damage with that level of power efficiency I would assume other problems have appeared.

EDIT - Quick mockup of what I mean on warframe builder - http://goo.gl/yrpsBR

I really would suggest primed continuity if you have it, just for the duration on the other abilities, but if you click the details tab you will see what I mean by the energy drain. This is as min-maxed as you get for damage vs efficiency for any channeling build, although you can add power drift as well if you really want.

Edited by Alymbic

Update: Alright, So here is the build I have ATM, I have to agree it looks a tiny bit sloppy, but its what I gathered with some I tryed to make, I think I made a mistake of useing Fortified 

http://goo.gl/gg7CzA

-snip-

Oh thank you for this, I've just made a quick update, and posted my build

Any changes I should make fokes?

Update: Alright, So here is the build I have ATM, I have to agree it looks a tiny bit sloppy, but its what I gathered with some I tryed to make, I think I made a mistake of useing Fortified 

http://goo.gl/gg7CzA

Oh thank you for this, I've just made a quick update, and posted my build

Any changes I should make fokes?

If your wanting as much duration as possible for your warcry, I can only really suggest popping on streamline as well if you want to bring the energy drain as low as possible (0.76 vs 1.09). But if you dont mind that, then yeah, its pretty solid.

If your wanting as much duration as possible for your warcry, I can only really suggest popping on streamline as well if you want to bring the energy drain as low as possible (0.76 vs 1.09). But if you dont mind that, then yeah, its pretty solid.

Alright, I'll see what the other fokes say, before I switch to a Warcry Build, as I want to try pump this Hysteria build 

That last build will get it done and quite well.

However, Narrow Minded kills your range. Now, this may nor may not matter depending on what you're trying to do.

For a generalist build, it means ripline will be largely non-functional and that's not acceptable. I use it a lot, both for mobility, single target CC, and because it's just stupid fun on a couple of levels.

For a pure T4S endurance build, then it shines, especially to keep warcry going outside of hysteria. In this case, you don't really need range on any of your abilities and you're there for one thing: hitting that C rotation as much as you can on one key.

I have three Valkyr builds that are geared for slightly different things. All have the basics: vitality, rage, and steel fiber. All run corrosive projection, unless fighting Corpus, then she runs corrosive projection because I usually forget to swap it out, but should run the shield debuff whose name I can't recall. Then we have:

Valk #1: this one is a generalist build. 4/5 fleeting expertise, intensity, constitution, primed continuity, and eternal war. This is the build I use for about anything, since it can do about anything. She can stay in hysteria a shockingly long time, but it's somewhat dependent on orb drops.

Valk #2: same as the above, but eternal war is swapped out for natural talent. This build is geared around doing stuff where I don't bother so much with warcry and want to minimize exposure outside of hysteria and set up melee finishers. It's meant for things like the present event and quick T4S runs, where I know I won't be there for 40min+. This used to be the go-to general build before I got eternal war. Yes, I have mixed feelings about eternal war.

Valk #3: 120 min T4S runs. This one runs narrow minded in place of fleeting expertise and also runs flow (no room for primed flow, yet) in place of intensity, and QT in place of constitution. It's all about duration in T4 and really not about hysteria at all: you use a full on Scindo Prime with life strike to keep you going with a very long duration warcry thanks to eternal war. It's an old build from before the last hysteria changes, but it still works and works well...for one thing.

Hey, what about that excilus slot? Well, it should be power drift or cunning drift depending, but my Valk needs one more forma for that and she's scheduled, but the event put that last evolution on hold. I'm using her almost exclusively for acolyte hunting since a) she's fun, b) I like her, and c) she kicks their asses hard. Which is how it should be. Who's hunting who, now...?