Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Prime Build Questions

(PSN)Cwellann

Question

Sorry, did a quick google and forums search and didn't get a clear enough answer for my liking given the forma investment I'm looking at.

So, I never finished my Nova build, and I want to go ahead and get that done.  Planned polarities looks like this:

http://goo.gl/YiGxD9

This allows for a basic framework of:

http://goo.gl/y1RtII

For the remaining three slots, Spova takes up two with Speed Drift and Overextended, while Slova uses Intensify and Power Drift.  This leaves one slot open on each build with enough room for constitution.  Other options include Stretch or an augment (I like all three of them, but consider all three to be more in the "fun to screw around with" category than essential).  Build C, I was thinking of maxing fleeting, taking streamline out, and popping in Stretch and Antimatter Absorb as a soloing build.

This takes 5 forma though, and that's pretty hefty.  She's currently got two in her (current polarities are Naramon aura, two Madurai, one Naramon, one Vazarin).  I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on whether this looks like a pretty good plan or not.  Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Your first link just leads me to a blank builder page.

Personally, my basic Nova build is for max duration (Primed Continuity, Constitution, Narrow Minded). Then just add in other mods as needed. Intensify and Streamline work for basic missions. Blind Rage and Fleeting Expertise for more high-end runs.

Believe you'll be unhappy with three Naramon (-)  polarities as it will give you little to no wiggle room. Change one of those to a Madurai (check mark) and I think you'll be much happier long term. The second can always hold a Rage or something if not Blind Range or Intensify. ) Am assuming one Madurai will always have a Continuity. And Fleeting expertise? Not necessary, and it hurts her range (duration) a LOT. She has a huge energy tank. Just Streamline works fine. Rank up your Zenurik Focus and you'll be very very happy. (Zenurik is MADE for casters like her)

Is this build capable of both a good Slova AND Fast Nova? Can you put on quick thinking without a large sacrifice? 

Sidenote: I've been playing her a long time, and have recently stopped going massively duration for Slova (Prime Continutity + Narrow Minded, no Constitution needed thank you) to just Prime Continuity. Staying away from any negative duration mods and this is more than enough range. There's a problem with huge range and Slova in many many cases as often you really don't want to slow down that many enemy so far away.

Fast Nova? Sure, touch everything you can. Have also started to appreciate explosion size (range) much more recently. Narrow Minded really reduces the Priming effect.

Last thought: Fast Nova (minus strength = no strength mods + Overextended) can be slightly adjusted to "fast walking Nova" by adding an Intensify. This "walking speed" is often quite useful in things like Defenses where you may not want them running pell mell at you, but don't want to slow them down either. 

First link is just to show what polarities I'm planning on.  Definitely works :)

Misunderstood then.

For me, I just made sure she had 2 of each polarity. Basic build:

TAW20wt.jpg

Speed Nova build:

bRnwUYO.jpg

Survival build with some Power:

L0Fd8i3.jpg

I add more power strength as needed depending on the mission. For me, duration is the most important. I want than M Prime wave going as far as possible.

I main Nova using 3 forma. My slow build is:

P Continuity, P Flow, Rage, Quick Thinking, Narrow Minded, Intensify, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise rank 4.

Aura slot: Corrosive Projection

Exilus slot: Power Drift

Power Drift is a game changer as it allows you to drop Transient Fortitude(no negative duration effecting MP range) and still reach the maximum slow of 145% strength. You can add even more range with Constitution but doing so will mean dropping Streamline while using a max Fleeting and with 145% efficiency Molecular Prime will cost about 75 energy. Having max efficiency is better as it allows you not only to use MP more freely but also maximises your defense by keeping more energy on hand to escape danger via wormhole teleports and for Quick Thinking to work which leaves you on 2-3 hp maximising the effectiveness of Rage, which then allows you to take the next hit also. Much better survivability and effectiveness overall.

My Speed Nova build:

P Continuity, P Flow, Rage, Quick Thinking, Overextended, Constitution, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise rank 4

Aura Slot: Energy Siphon

Exilus slot: Cunning Drift

Max speed increase, large energy pool and the usual QT, Rage, P Flow combo. Constitution for the extra range to clear the waves faster or get more kills. Cunning Drift to increase the range of Anti Matter Drop's chained explosions.

There's no need to use Blind Rage on Nova, PWR STR only affects the speed of enemies, nothing else. Max speed is 40% STR, max slow is 145% STR. Blind Rage makes MP cost over 100 energy per cast.

Edited by Zilchy

Thanks for the help everyone.  I think I'm going to go with what I had planned for polarities, but with one or two changes thrown in to the primary builds.

I'm kinda surprised at the advocating for Rage - I've used it before on Nova and it just doesn't work for me, but I may have to take a look at that again in the future.

I would totally run Hand Spring or Speed Drift as the eximus. Then Rage to fill that pool of energy for Quick Thinking, and maybe a Natural Talent as a quality of life mod. That's just me though.

....Yeah.  Totally forgot about Handspring.  Thanks - that tends to be nice as a speed nova in pugs.

Remember with Nova 145% strength equals maximum slow.  You don't need any more strength on her than that unless you are using antimatter drop.  Slow nova just use power drift and intensify.   Fast nova you want your strength to be low like with using overextended makes your strength at 40.  Enemies will be fast. 

Other things to keep in mind.  Duration is the grab radius in which it molecules the enemies.

Range equals blast chain radius is when they explode and chain.  

Some people get it confused and think range is how far your molecule reaches and it is not.