Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Orokin Catalyst Alerts

(PSN)sevenup1123

So I've been playing this on ps4 since September time and if there is one thing I've noticed, its that there are more opportunities to get Orokin Reactors than Catalysts on this game. (Besides doing sorties but those things are kinda difficult without a perfect squad)

This is probably gonna be written off as another free to play noob complaining (which it kinda is) but I'm pretty sure catalysts shouldn't be as rare as reactors.

There are a lot more weapons to use Catalysts on than there are to use Reactors on yet I have 5 spare reactors and 0 catalysts.

Before anyone goes to argue, its just an observation. I have plenty of weapons on my account but I'm not touching the new ones without a catalyst in hand. I'll probably be purchasing the next renown pack on Monday (payday yay!) but I'm more concerned for the players who don't have the money to do that.

I've only recently started playing again after a short break and if I remember correctly I used to have the same issue. During the "buy one, get one free" deal we once had, I stockpiled a couple of each and am now sitting on like 15 reactors and 20 catalysts. Got all my plat through trading btw.

If you're always low on catalysts I'd suggest using them very sparingly. I know a lot of people who supercharge everything and anything but personally I don't see why I would throw a potato on two identically performing weapons of the same category (just an example).

EDIT: typo

Edited by (PS4)MikeCopa

I have like, 8 weapons I use that are potatoed, I have every frame (except nezha cuz he's a worse rhino, and wukong cuz he's ridiculously ugly) potatoed

That's it? I have:

At least 10 weapons (I'll check when I have access) with Catalysts, and many more Catalysts to waste (sorry, OP)

Every single Frame and Prime (excluding Excalibur Prime) this game has to offer (so Frost AND Frost Prime, Mag AND Mag Prime, etc.), all with Reactors and like 1 or two more Reactors left to spare, from memory?

I've been here since the end of the Founders Pack so I've had a tonne more opportunities to grab Reactors and Catalysts, plus special alerts and events, blah blah blah. Oh, and Plat that I basically stole from Trading Chat (I mean, I managed to sell an Ember Prime set for 900 Plat) xD

There was a slew of reactor/catalyst invasions about two or three weeks ago. I'd suggest checking out the invasions every now and then on the invasions tab, and mouse over them to see the reward options and who's winning. Invasions also give you the option to fight for credits (10k - 35k) and other resources and the last change made it so you only need to do three runs for the side you want instead of five.

Anyway, there were about three invasions going on at once less than a month ago which all had a reactor or catalyst blueprint as a reward, and I saw another one more recently within the last week or so. Just a heads up.

Additionally, you can farm mods or prime parts, sell those in trade and buy what you need from the market. That's more hit or miss, IMO, but it's another option. Syndicate mods can go for 10-20p per, and there's a learning curve to trade, but if you hang out for a while you should pick it up.

Good luck.

Fair enough, but the other points stand. There's also the chance to get reactors and catalysts as sortie rewards.

Be real here.  You need potato'd WarFrame and Weapon(s) to even stand a chance of doing a sortie.  Those are considered 'end game' content for the players who already have most of what they need and are just collecting alternative things for their other frames or for plat.

No. We get plenty, but DE does need to make some money. Also, honestly not every weapon is worthy of a catalyst. This is one of the rare times you'll hear me make this argument at all. I find them very generous. Sometimes we are just a bit unlucky with it.

Let me respond to this directly.

Companies exist to make money is not a useful or worthwhile argument to make to justify poor business decisions.

for a funny and more detailed take on it.  Or for those who like to read, there's an article saying most of the same things.

Please stop justifying bad business practices with this argument.  It doesn't work.

Edited by FreshNinja007

I've always found this rather strange myself.

No. We get plenty, but DE does need to make some money.

Once upon a time, when I first started playing Warframe (around update 7), I would've agreed with this. But since then we've had (off the top of my head) syandanas, warframe skins, deluxe warframe skins, weapon skins, weapon accessories, armor accessories, and all manner of other stuff I'm probably forgetting hit the market for platinum, on top of the usual things like weapons, warframes, and bundles for them. Since then my opinion on the "DE needs to make money!" argument has soured somewhat in relation to things like catalysts/reactors and inventory slots, which feel more like upkeep or maintenance compared to purchasing cool stuff like cosmetics or weapons.

Anyway. I've long felt there should be more places to get catalysts (and reactors) in-game.

I've always found this rather strange myself.

Once upon a time, when I first started playing Warframe (around update 7), I would've agreed with this. But since then we've had (off the top of my head) syandanas, warframe skins, deluxe warframe skins, weapon skins, weapon accessories, armor accessories, and all manner of other stuff I'm probably forgetting hit the market for platinum, on top of the usual things like weapons, warframes, and bundles for them. Since then my opinion on the "DE needs to make money!" argument has soured somewhat in relation to things like catalysts/reactors and inventory slots, which feel more like upkeep or maintenance compared to purchasing cool stuff like cosmetics or weapons.

Anyway. I've long felt there should be more places to get catalysts (and reactors) in-game.

Ehhh, I actually mostly agree with you. But I've gotten like 7 free catalysts in the last week, pre event. If that keeps up, then I think we're still in a good spot. Inventory slots though... that is a little tight.