The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me Chosing Weapons

Darkfear17

Question

hi

i'm rank 6 and still dont know what weapon to chose

i've read aLOT in froums.. but most of them are outdated.. so plz help me

i like use tanky frames in pvp (like Rhino or Valcyr)  and dd frames in pve

currently using braton prime .. nothing as secondary.. and gram (both pvp and pve) 

help me chose weapons for pvp and pve

ty

16 answers to this question

I will give you what probably is closer to a "correct" answer:

Go check the Codex, look around the weapons, get the ones you think look cool and try them, once you settle for some good ones you think look cool and you feel comfortable using keep them and enjoy the game with them.

Like Nazrethim said.

I could give you a list. but those are my weapons of choice and you could experience them differently from how I do. So If you really want to get weapons that are best suited for you its best to go in blind and find them on your own.

hi

i'm rank 6 and still dont know what weapon to chose

i've read aLOT in froums.. but most of them are outdated.. so plz help me

i like use tanky frames in pvp (like Rhino or Valcyr)  and dd frames in pve

currently using braton prime .. nothing as secondary.. and gram (both pvp and pve) 

help me chose weapons for pvp and pve

ty

Jat Kittaged from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

I can't help with PvP but I can help with PvE. So I have a couple of questions for you OP:

1.) What type of engagement ranges do you like?

2.) What weapon archetype do you like? Sustained damage versus burst?

3.) Can you lead targets, or do you need hitscan? While we're at it, can you compensate for heavy arcing projectiles?

4.) Do you like status, crit, or straight damage weapons?

5.) What are your general preferences? For example, I like versitility and utility. That's why usually go for status rifles, or weapons with secondary fire actions. That's why I love the Quanta and Quanta Vandal. I also love the Kestrel to death because of its utility.

You don't need to answer all of these questions, but they help guide choices imo.

But honestly, there is no perfect weapon, and making a choice heavily depends on the user's interest. I love the Tigris series because they powerful and fun to use once you mod them with 4 shots/mag. They are also sexy as hell. I also started using the Quanta because I wanted a gun that wouldn't look too bulky on backs of my frames, and well the Quanta folds up into a thin kickboard (I later fell in love with it because of its secondary fire and modding versitility). Things can start that arbitrally. Heck, I started using Volt (way back when) because I loved watching Static Shock as a kid and because Volt's helm reminded me of a character from a decent manga I had read awhile ago. I now main Volt.

Jat Kittaged from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

"Team Rocket blasts off again"

Edited by Insizer

Well, there's plenty of choices, depending on how much you are willing to farm for it (if at all by this point)

For melee, consider galatine, war, jat kittag, orthos prime for long(er) reach weapons, or broken war, dual kamas prime etc. 

for secondaries, there's atomos, sonicor, twin grakata, but in the end it all depends what your preferred playstyle is.

ty all

but plz gimme a list.. i think all of them look cool but my output dmg isnt good in both pvp and pve with braton prime

i see ppl kill me with 2 bullets while i keep fire on their head.. that makes me feel bad.. i even aim pretty good.. but....

For melee, consider galatine, war, jat kittag, orthos prime for long(er) reach weapons, or broken war, dual kamas prime etc. 

ty m8..
can u plz tell me which one is good for pve and which for pvp?

ive heared coptering is the most important spec in pvp so im planing to get tipedo

correct me if i'm wrong

I can give you what I use, this is my personal preference and my loadouts I use other then my default ones quite for a year so getting caught up again. 

Excalibur: 

Braton Prime

Lex Prime

Dakra Prime 

Ash (will replace with Prime when I get a chance):

Dread

Hikou Prime (Despair)

Dragon Nikana

Rhino Prime:

Boltor Prime

Marelok (Vaykor Marelok)

War

Loki Prime:

Paris Prime (better for solo then Dread imo)

Hikou Prime

Broken War (Orthos)  

ty all

but plz gimme a list.. i think all of them look cool but my output dmg isnt good in both pvp and pve with braton prime

i see ppl kill me with 2 bullets while i keep fire on their head.. that makes me feel bad.. i even aim pretty good.. but....

ty m8..

can u plz tell me which one is good for pve and which for pvp?

ive heared coptering is the most important spec in pvp so im planing to get tipedo

correct me if i'm wrong

I don't know if I am allowed to post links here, and I don't want to tempt fate since my access to the region chat has already been suspended for saying a naughty word, but anyways google warframe tier list or something in that trend.

I have literally tried PvP only once, and I got smacked around, I didn't stand a chance, so I have no idea. But if you want purely DPS, probably (well not probably, DEFINITELY) tonkor as primary, atomos or twin grakatas or sonicor as secondary and galatine as melee. This of course doesn't take things like critical chance, status stance or range/reach into consideration.

If you're looking for good weapons, I would hook up with a clan that has weapons fully researched. They might not all be kings of DPS, but there are a lot of fun and great guns locked up in clan research. From the tentacle lazer phage, to the tumor cloud Torid, and the lazer cannon Opticor, just to name a few fun ones. Some of them you may find fun but sell, like the Glaxion, but that's not entirely a bad thing. 

Kunai (not Mk-1) are a good secondary, but you absolutely need concealed explosives, hornet strike, and lethal torrent, with things like gunslinger and stunning speed being recommended. The noise generated by the explosives is still counted as "silent" by the game, and it has a surprising AoE, which gives you an explosive, silent, fully automatic throwing weapon that nearly entirely ignores armor and can be had for credits. The explosions don't deal as much damage as a direct hit, but the need for perfect accuracy (which you won't have with Kunai) is very small. These are undoubtedly outclassed at higher levels, but at rank 6, they work just fine.

Quick Edit: Don't give explosive kunai, hikou, or despair to hostages. They can and will kill themselves.

Edited by CrimsonDalekanium

With your choice of frames being tanks (Valkyr and Rhino), I assume you're more comfortable in close to mid-range combat than at distance. My recommendation for those who like fighting close up would be as follows:

P r i m a r y

-Assault Rifles-
Boltor Decent dmg - especially Boltor Prime. The projectiles kinda drop off at distance, but if you're firing in close to mid range, you're good.)

Soma Lots of bullets - Soma Prime is one of the most popular assault rifles. Hitscan, no dropping off at distance. 

Grakata Another fun-to-use rifle. Lots of bullets. Not too great for distance. Not really high damage but can be great for procs. Its impact damage stagger your opponent. If you like the rowdy feel of busting in through doors with bullets rolling like that in a movie, this thing is for you.

-Shotguns- I'm not too reliable on this, since I'm not a fan of shotguns myself. But shotguns are mostly deadly at close range while less effective at distance. So if you like tanking on the front line, they might suit you.

Strun Heard it's pretty good to blow in the face of your enemies. Decent dmg and crit rage.

Hek Looks better than Strun. 

-Others-

Penta  A bit harder to use, but satisfyingly fun. Shoots out grenades that you can detonate manually pressing secondary fire button. However, use with caution because you might end up blowing yourself too.

S e c o n d a r y

Twin Grakata Very fun to use. Has more bullets than Grakata. More fire rate. Badassery.

Sonicor This one is a dojo weapon, so you need a clan with a lab research. High damage. Shoots explosives that explode on contact with the enemy and knock them down. Point this thing at a bunch of enemies to see them fall like bowling pins. Capable of hurting you too, so be careful.

With your choice of frames being tanks (Valkyr and Rhino), I assume you're more comfortable in close to mid-range combat than at distance. My recommendation for those who like fighting close up would be as follows:

P r i m a r y

-Assault Rifles-

Boltor Decent dmg - especially Boltor Prime. The projectiles kinda drop off at distance, but if you're firing in close to mid range, you're good.)

Soma Lots of bullets - Soma Prime is one of the most popular assault rifles. Hitscan, no dropping off at distance. 

Grakata Another fun-to-use rifle. Lots of bullets. Not too great for distance. Not really high damage but can be great for procs. Its impact damage stagger your opponent. If you like the rowdy feel of busting in through doors with bullets rolling like that in a movie, this thing is for you.

-Shotguns- I'm not too reliable on this, since I'm not a fan of shotguns myself. But shotguns are mostly deadly at close range while less effective at distance. So if you like tanking on the front line, they might suit you.

Strun Heard it's pretty good to blow in the face of your enemies. Decent dmg and crit rage.

Hek Looks better than Strun. 

-Others-

Penta  A bit harder to use, but satisfyingly fun. Shoots out grenades that you can detonate manually pressing secondary fire button. However, use with caution because you might end up blowing yourself too.

S e c o n d a r y

Twin Grakata Very fun to use. Has more bullets than Grakata. More fire rate. Badassery.

Sonicor This one is a dojo weapon, so you need a clan with a lab research. High damage. Shoots explosives that explode on contact with the enemy and knock them down. Point this thing at a bunch of enemies to see them fall like bowling pins. Capable of hurting you too, so be careful.

thank you bro.. whats your recomendation for melee weapons?

God way to many weapons without a idea on what you like personalty, you seem to like being up close and personal so go for hammers and shoguns if you can. The shotgun of the Steel meridian is a monster when used properly and if you like up close flying enemies would work for you, but hear is some weapons i personally find not only powerful when invested in but very fun to use. 

Lex Prime

Kulstar

Jet Katag

War

Broken War

Dakara Prime (Sadly now in the vault)

Soma/Soma Prime

Braton Prime (formed up to the max)

These are only a few examples but honestly the right mods and stance mods for most weapons make the real fun when you break them down to more than just damage outright. Example being the Jet Katag has a stance mod that allows for a spinning combo flinging enemies all over the place but I just ant remember the stance mods name to save the life of me, but again this is my example currently. Try mixing and matching and refining what you like in terms of a weapon.