Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want A Pistol Version Of Simulor

TennoSimons

Nah. That functionality seems like it ought to be reserved to a primary weapon.

Beyond that, the devs have confirmed that the Gammacor and Simulor are the complementary versions of one another.

Why?

That kind of thinking would have pre-empted some of the coolest secondaries: once upon a time, people asked for a pistol version of Ogris and folks made similar complaints. Had DE listened to them, we would never have Angstrum or Kulstar.

Many specialized rifles have basic functionality that is replicated in side arms. See Ignis and Embolist (punch-though beam weapons).  That is the sort of analog that I am looking for here. 

A pistol version of the Delete button?

Sounds good

and I want to be a billionaire.

ahem, like I said in the original post:

''Does not need to be exactly like Simulor, or as OP as Simulor".

What I am envisioning is a less powerful version with some other notable differences, the way that Embolist is considerably less powerful than Ignis and has notable differences (innate toxin vs, innate heat). Or how the thrown explosives share the same basic functionality as Penta. 

Basically, I want to be able to go into the void and open crates behind walls using Ignis, but then be able to access the mods that drop out of reach of even carrier by creating mini-vortexes. 

Gammacor is the confirmed sidearm of the simulor. Nearest thing to actual effect is the stug but not nearly so ... Floaty

but....

beyond aesthetics, these two weapons are nothing alike. 

Gamacor shoots hitscan contiuous beams (and is more like Synapse or Quanta) , whereas Simulor shoots mini, area or affects, slow moving, stackable black holes. 

I don't care what it looks like. I don't care if it shares the same visual design as Simulor or not. It does not have to have a cool mini-cephalon in it. It just needs to suck. Literally. And preferably figuratively as well, so that people do not complain that it is OP. 

Why?

That kind of thinking would have pre-empted some of the coolest secondaries: once upon a time, people asked for a pistol version of Ogris and folks made similar complaints. Had DE listened to them, we would never have Angstrum or Kulstar.

Many specialized rifles have basic functionality that is replicated in side arms. See Ignis and Embolist (punch-though beam weapons).  That is the sort of analog that I am looking for here. 

The Ogris does not function the same way as the Angstrum or the Kulstar. They both have unique mechanics that differentiate them from the Ogris.

What you seem to want is just a secondary weapon that functions the same as the simulor, at which point I ask what purpose it serves.

I'm not saying it can't exist, but at least make it have some unique mechanic to it. Maybe it shoots smaller versions of simulor rounds but in an automatic spray that you can use to do a smaller amount of damage within a larger area and more efficiently. Maybe remove the detonation feature of it. I don't know, I just don't see the point in something that functions the same way as something we already have.

Basically, I want to be able to go into the void and open crates behind walls using Ignis, but then be able to access the mods that drop out of reach of even carrier by creating mini-vortexes. 

Revealing that you have a hidden agenda behind your suggestions doesn't typically help with your suggestions' validity. Especially when that agenda is to exploit two mechanics.

That is the part of the reason I stated that the pull mechanic should be reserved to a primary weapon.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

The Ogris does not function the same way as the Angstrum or the Kulstar. They both have unique mechanics that differentiate them from the Ogris.

What you seem to want is just a secondary weapon that functions the same as the simulor, at which point I ask what purpose it serves.

I'm not saying it can't exist, but at least make it have some unique mechanic to it. Maybe it shoots smaller versions of simulor rounds but in an automatic spray that you can use to do a smaller amount of damage within a larger area and more efficiently. Maybe remove the detonation feature of it. I don't know, I just don't see the point in something that functions the same way as something we already have.

I would be all for it having some different mechanic or other thing that differentiates it from the Simulor. 

But yeah, I want a secondary weapon that serves the same function so for when I want to chose a differnent primary weapon but still want to vortex. Much like how the Angstrum gives one a pocket rocket launcher EVEN THOUGH there is a primary weapon with the same functionality. Same goes for shuriken vs bows. Same goes for Castanas and those new exploding axes vs. Penta. 

And, to reiterate, I do not want it to be a clone weapon. I would prefer that it have some differentiating feature, such as the ones you describe (or maybe, for example, it has a secondary fire mode that is Simulor like).