Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] The Plot Of Warframe Is Rubbish!

Dailenth

I think OP is a little harsh on the game and its creators.  I think they've made a real gem of a game and the only PS4 game i've continuously played since release.  I'm a huge fan and will be until my PS4 runs out of hard drive space.  Hopefully it will transfer to the PS5 lol. 

With that being said, the story did a major belly flop at the end and I agree with that.  The warframe wiki does imply that tenno are humans (for those arguing that) from the beginning of the story (and so are the other factions evolving from the same virus), similarly so with the syndicates.  This is the future though, long past the more recognizable human race.  I sort of don't care about any of that.  What gets to me is the little creepy kid.  I'm no longer controlling my own actions and that's a little unnerving to think about. 

There are two more doors in our liset that are unopened.  I have faith in DE, I believe we will get past this awkward part of the story.  Who knows maybe the frame that was able to stop the sword has a bit of a soul and isn't entirely a puppet.  Maybe we become ourselves afterall.  Only time will tell.  I fear we are stuck with the creepy kid, I made mine a demonic little girl.  If she is going to creep me out might as well go all in creepy.

Well, warframe is basically an infested, result of Orokin technocyte virus experiments. It's part flesh, part metal all infested with technocyte. And by itself it's basically a rabid animal. Read rhino prime codex to see how a warframe that's not connected to a tenno behaves. Story does make sense. Operators and warframes are like symbiotic relationship. Who you identify with - the animal-like infested or a tenno operative fusing their consciousness with it?

I personally identify with the warframe part. After all operator speaks to you, implying you are the controlled monster and not the operator.

By the way, second dream was no surprise at all. Most of it's story was revealed in codex long ago. Main questions that weren't answered were if a tenno is a whole body or a part, like surgically removed brain, and is it inside of Warframe or connected to it from outside? Second Dream answered: whole body and from outside. That's all that was new.