Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] The Plot Of Warframe Is Rubbish!

Dailenth

I prefer to think of myself as the Warframe, who keeps a kid who cooks my drugs in the back (Focus)

I call her my, little Mary (for Marijuana) 

I'm the Warframe, I'm the ninja, the kid is my drug cooker and power source.

I feel better that way.

Every hero needs a little sidekick anyway :3 And I gladly kick her sides (joke)

Because of you I am no longer annoyed when mine spews out the wimpiest of lines as I slaughter literal generations of grineer.

I think I'll call him Chris Dolmeth

(not complaining about the story, i think its kind of neat. However I feel the need to remind people that this is a GAME. Have fun with it)

Corrupted Vor certainly told you you were pitiful things that were lied to. Hopefully De will place in adult models on the creepy kids in the back and eventually get them out of those chairs and into the suits properly. Probably when their ready to switch over to focus instead of mods on all things and the star chart blows up.

While I find The Second Dream's reveal to be incredibly lackluster and them taking the easy way out, I don't feel like any of it voids any previous events or story situations.

Up until that point we were, for all intents and purposes, the Warframe suits. Everyone and everything knew that to be the truth, including Ordis. Of course they'd get upset about someone putting the Warframe directly in danger. Only the Lotus knew the truth and she was covering it up.

You have to look at the situations in context.

Your typical argument that every time I engage you encounter these. It's not like I wanted to be this I wanted to be that. They just ruined completely everything by deciding a plot twist having no basis whatsoever.

If you look in the ember and rhino prime codex's, the operators weren't just a plot twist they made up on the spot. They had planned it for a while. I will admit the story behind the lotus and her relationship with the tenno is... weak, but the operators I totally expected and saw coming.

Not canon yet, but my theory is that the warframes are more then just tin puppets. They're infested Tenno (like hayden tenno, I suspect all tenno have the technocyte virus, but can control it), who lost control of their bodies to the infestation, but were not linked with the infested horde, and the tenno, such as our operator can control them.

I think the game developers had a small hint at what they wanted the story to be, however it has most likely been updated as the game has been going and is doing ratter good.

But it make a lot of sense that we do not know a lot of the story. We were awoken from a long cryo sleep and we did forget a lot of different things, most of it only remembered in fragments. And so far we are only told stuff that we need to know from our guide. Whoever it may in the current state, but mostly Lotus.

And the game severely hint towards the Operator feeling what the Frame experience. So one would assume that even tough the Operator do not get the "physical" injury. They do experience the same feeling the Frame would by such a wound.

And at the same time, i find the story to be told in a lackluster way.  Events that are one time occurrence are the worst foe in this regard as i would have to read it up on the wiki ratter than experience it(So far i only know of the Shadow Debt event playing a role in story progression but i would assume there is more).

I also disliked that the Operator is a Kid but i assume a few people like how the twist turned out.

On a bigger note, i am more interested in who the Operator "speaks" to. Cause if we are the Operator, who are we speaking to. Are we communicating with the Frame, or are we relaying our current feelings to the Lotus. Or worse, are we suffering from some sort of mental breakdown from staying frozen for so long that we are talking with ourself?

Edited by Hellmaker2004

Uhh, dude, there is a lot more to Warframe than that...

ntXNtpC.png

My only issue with this is the fact that most of the story seems to be in events, many of which a good portion of players would never have done (for example, I have no idea how the hell Alad V is no longer infected since I missed a few events on my hiatus from Warframe), this is especially a problem since bosses or other NPCs tend to reference these events and these lines have exactly zero meaning to players who haven't done the event

My only issue with this is the fact that most of the story seems to be in events, many of which a good portion of players would never have done (for example, I have no idea how the hell Alad V is no longer infected since I missed a few events on my hiatus from Warframe), this is especially a problem since bosses or other NPCs tend to reference these events and these lines have exactly zero meaning to players who haven't done the event

That is why all of those boxes are quests :)

(Green ones are already quests, blue ones are past events/suggested quests, orange ones are "boss" quests and grey ones are trials.)

One day I will garner enough support that DE will have to recognize this... one day.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/572317-warframe-campaign-mode-through-quests/ ​

Adult Ninja >>> Need a long powerful back story >>> Too much trouble

A child that survived a single war and spent 90% of life in a pod >>> Not much space for back story >>> Easier to draft a story + Clean slate for character

EzPz

Edited by Volinus7

I'm alright with the story, thats never what i started playing warframe for anyway, and it gave us Dkdiamantes lore videos which are fun.

But the entire game looks fantastic.. and the Operator looks so godawful.. I really hope those faces get some major overhauls,

but yeah, no matter how mediocre the story gets, I'll be here for the gameplay.

Well, who's to say the Operators aren't capable of ninja skills? Bear in mind the warframes are remote-controlled in the same way as the Na'vi in Avatar, where people mentally synchronize their conscience to them. I'm pretty sure all of your combat finesse you've experienced comes from the Operator. All of your insane melee attacks, all of your precise shots, all of your skillful work of obtaining that spy data, was all done by you as the Operator.

So, if the Operators are so capable of fighting, then why use warframes?

Answer: It's to allow them the ability to act upon the system in the shadows, enabling them to perform their deeds without fear of consequence. The enemy can kill your warframe a million times over, but so long as they can't find you, you can never truly be defeated. You are an army in and of yourself!

It's only logical to work in secrecy, because you can't kill what you can't understand.

Truly a ninja.

I have no issues with the story as since very long it was clear that the Warframes either were remote controlled, or that the energy possessing them was sentient.

I do not get how people can be upset or even suprised at this reveal. The very first mission hints towards this, heck, Limbo takes his "hat" off, revealing quite well that there couldn't have been a person inside a Warframe.

While I do not like the Operator being a child, I still enjoyed the story. If you do not like the story because it didnt play out as you wanted it to, then it doesn't mean it was a bad story. It's simply your opinion.

"You're just rubbish at being a Tenno!" (Modified Dr. Who Quote)

I know why many people disagree and stand by the DE's decision but if you play all the quests from the start if you make a new account just observe the lore and the motions and you will see that update 18 is unfitting. Just notice way before update 18 your experience is entierly different that's what I'm trying to say in simple words. I get that silent protagonist thing, and I didn't mind that you can change female warframes to male or vice versa that was the game's insignificant flaw, The new Intoduced operators lack of flavor and you're not having the impression that you used to have.

Take Fallout: New Vegas for example, a great game that allowed you to be whoever you wanted to be. You could be a Good Samaritan by helping other people, you could be a ruthless assassin hunting down bounties for exchange of money, you could be a cunning thief making insane profits, and you could be a psychopath cannibal the game totally allowed you that.

Almost the same Experience I had with warframe previously, I had this impression of me being a sneaky assassin looting containers and searching for caches, siding with what I made profits the most. Now I'm forced to be "The Operator" that I absolutely despise, who mentions "we are honored" to hell with your honor, I'm not what you think I am. And  as I mentioned I hate the voice acting and I hate the models, this is not what I hoped for, This is not me. Please understand me.

And I'm honestly tired of people sub minimally say "well if you don't like the game dont play it"

Honestly I love warframe I have over 500 steam hours, and I'm totaly trying to ignore the cancer that micro transactions that is but this plot twist is devastating.

Edited by HaxBox

Please understand me.

And I'm honestly tired of people sub minimally say "well if you don't like the game dont play it"

Honestly I love warframe I have over 500 steam hours, and I'm totaly trying to ignore the cancer that micro transactions that is but this plot twist is devastating.

When the title of your thread is ''The plot is rubbish'', people who like the plot are obviously going to get defensive. Not much understanding can take place when you outright refer to something that some like as a 'Joke'.

If you want understanding, it's best to not insult everyone and mock that which some like.

I love Warframe too, I have an irrelevant stat of 3000 steam hours, and I liked the story. I knew it was coming, and I wasn't particularly happy when I worked it out before the quest, but after playing it I loved it.

The plot twist wasn't objectively devastating, otherwise the game would be in serious crud right now with the majority of customers moving on from the game. It's just your opinion, and unfortunately one angry voice on the forums is meaningless, DE aren't going to change the entire story they've worked on for the past 2 years just for a small minority. 

When the title of your thread is ''The plot is rubbish'', people who like the plot are obviously going to get defensive. Not much understanding can take place when you outright refer to something that some like as a 'Joke'.

If you want understanding, it's best to not insult everyone and mock that which some like.

I love Warframe too, I have an irrelevant stat of 3000 steam hours, and I liked the story. I knew it was coming, and I wasn't particularly happy when I worked it out before the quest, but after playing it I loved it.

The plot twist wasn't objectively devastating, otherwise the game would be in serious crud right now with the majority of customers moving on from the game. It's just your opinion, and unfortunately one angry voice on the forums is meaningless, DE aren't going to change the entire story they've worked on for the past 2 years just for a small minority. 

I'm pretty sure that I didn't targeted the whole community, I can't say I'm surpized that everyone thinks that I insulted them. I'm pretty sure that I wanted to point out a specific part of the community who behave exactly how companies want to and don't cause any backlash. So if you know what Payday 2 has done you'd be surprised that most people still defend their behalf even if they turned the game into a complete wasteland with their dlc and microtransactions, still a lot of people got really upset with their practices but also half of their community don't react at all. I just hoped a conversation and I'm sorry if it turned out like this.

Edited by HaxBox

I'm pretty sure that I didn't targeted the whole community, I can't say I'm surpized that everyone thinks that I insulted them. I'm pretty sure that I wanted to point out a specific part of the community who behave exactly how companies want to and don't cause any backlash. So if you know what Payday 2 has done you'd be surprised that most people still defend their behalf even if they turned the game into a complete wasteland with their dlc and microtransactions, still a lot of people got really upset with their practices but also half of their community don't react at all. I just hoped a conversation and I'm sorry if it turned out like this.

I'm not exactly sure why you're ranting on about microtransactions like they're a necessary part of Warframe's gameplay. Brozime did a 100% free2play playthrough and was at the point that the only reason he didn't continue playing it was that there was nothing left to really do but raids. It's more than possible to ignore microtransactions.

But what do those even have to do with the plot? You don't like the plot. Fine. We get it. Your wallet has nothing to do with that.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't targeted the whole community

Really? Perhaps you just forgot. ''You will notice that the worse part of this game is actually their fans, which are oblivious beyond belief and not capable of critical thinking''. 

Perhaps you forgot because a moderator removed it, good thing I quoted it though, ay?

I have literally no idea what the relevance of the rest of your post is. Payday 2 and Warframe are completely different games, both handled completely differently. 

Well, who's to say the Operators aren't capable of ninja skills? Bear in mind the warframes are remote-controlled in the same way as the Na'vi in Avatar, where people mentally synchronize their conscience to them. I'm pretty sure all of your combat finesse you've experienced comes from the Operator. All of your insane melee attacks, all of your precise shots, all of your skillful work of obtaining that spy data, was all done by you as the Operator.

So, if the Operators are so capable of fighting, then why use warframes?

Answer: It's to allow them the ability to act upon the system in the shadows, enabling them to perform their deeds without fear of consequence. The enemy can kill your warframe a million times over, but so long as they can't find you, you can never truly be defeated. You are an army in and of yourself!

It's only logical to work in secrecy, because you can't kill what you can't understand.

Truly a ninja.

I'll also add that the only reason the Operator can't leave the Orbiter (the lower half of your ship where your arsenal and the Somatic Link) is because the Sentients can't enter the Void.

One of the lines Ordis says is that he will "keep the orbiter hidden in the Void". It's already been proven that the lower half of your ship is in a pocket of the Void and as such is the reason why Hunhow had to use the Stalker to get to the Moon and then into your ship.

The only way the Tenno can continue fighting and not be killed by the Sentients is by staying in the Orbiter and not in the ship. The Warframes allow your Tenno to fight from wherever they are.

Edited by EirwynTelyn

Tbh I am happy with the lore and story so far. Lot of games make me feel cheesy / silly because game developers usually love shoving lore in your face whether you want it or not, and they have a tendency to make it really tropey, or really boyish. Warframe is fairly subtle in the lore and storyline. If you want to immerse yourself, you can to an extent by seeking all the little bits of information hidden beneath the surface of the core game. If you want to just shoot stuff, you can do that perfectly fine as well. Personally I would love to see a bit more lore, specially for some of the bosses and races. And I hope the approach will continue to be one of subtlety. 

Think about this, how did your frame pull out war at the end?

There is nothing in this particular action that says that we weren't able to control our power enough to focus and move the frame from a short distance away. This is not necessarily the explanation DE will go with, but it's the obvious, logical conclusion.

I don't know why everyone focuses on that part and fails to see the obvious answer. The Operator is by no means weak of mind or will. They are just physically incapable after spending so long in cryosleep.

In reality it was simply a Deus Ex Machina because they didn't write the ending of the quest very well.