Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

? Tournament Rules ?

Lord_Noctus

get on the discord for the tournament ya dingus!

But yes, I would agree for the most part. If someone really wants to win, a quick snipetron-shock would kill almost everything I believe. As much as I'd like to juke with chakram teleport, it's probably best to not have powers.

Edited by PhaseShifted

The main problem with banning all powers is that people will be at a strict disadvantage or advantage for using particular frames. Considering that, even within the EHP vs mobility brackets we have, some frames have slightly increased stats or an advantageous passive within their bracket, there will actually be "best" equipment to bring. On top of that, some players may use abilities out of habit (I'd likely do this), causing more issues.

The main problem with keeping powers has already been mentioned by others. Either there must be some arbitrary line drawn in the sand, or all powers must be allowed. Both situations will cause issues, as some frames will have worthless powers and others will have helpful powers, causing more tipping of the metaphorical scales for those wanting to use certain frames.

In my opinion, the former option is unfortunately the lesser of two evils for 1v1, so I feel powers should be banned in duels. I think the latter might be workable for 2v2, and it would definitely be feasible in 4v4. Two full teams should mean (mostly) fair game.

The main problem with banning all powers is that people will be at a strict disadvantage or advantage for using particular frames. Considering that, even within the EHP vs mobility brackets we have, some frames have slightly increased stats or an advantageous passive within their bracket, there will actually be "best" equipment to bring. On top of that, some players may use abilities out of habit (I'd likely do this), causing more issues.

The main problem with keeping powers has already been mentioned by others. Either there must be some arbitrary line drawn in the sand, or all powers must be allowed. Both situations will cause issues, as some frames will have worthless powers and others will have helpful powers, causing more tipping of the metaphorical scales for those wanting to use certain frames.

In my opinion, the former option is unfortunately the lesser of two evils for 1v1, so I feel powers should be banned in duels. I think the latter might be workable for 2v2, and it would definitely be feasible in 4v4. Two full teams should mean (mostly) fair game.

Yeh 4 vs 4 works fine. 2vs2 could possibly work with powers

Yea , for the 1v1 Prestige duels no powers, 2v2 or 3v3 are fine with bannable exceptions. 4v4 isnt the best format because of the impossibility to spectate it and the advantage gained by one player hosting.

For using powers by accident or habit, you could easily unbind the hotkeys for the tournament then. In this case it will/should be clarified as a rule and breaking it disqualifies.

If i presume that most players have access to a broad repertoire of warframes/weapons, we can make ban votes for each team. This will make it harder to hardcounter any team strategy.

Yea , for the 1v1 Prestige duels no powers, 2v2 or 3v3 are fine with bannable exceptions. 4v4 isnt the best format because of the impossibility to spectate it and the advantage gained by one player hosting.

For using powers by accident or habit, you could easily unbind the hotkeys for the tournament then. In this case it will/should be clarified as a rule and breaking it disqualifies.

Smartest thing ive read today good idea Edited by Lord_Noctus

banning the powers makes impossible to know its real effect in the competition, i say allow them, and as we will have videos, we will be able to discuss how broken they really are and dynamically ban them for next matches instead of at the beggining

banning the powers makes impossible to know its real effect in the competition, i say allow them, and as we will have videos, we will be able to discuss how broken they really are and dynamically ban them for next matches instead of at the beggining

good point.

still i´d ban things like the newly added staticor. Too fresh yet.

Edited by .HanZo.

What about those ppl who lost in the first matches then to those powers that will get banned.limbo excalibur equinox powers and also mag bullS#&$ attractor are not made for 1 vs 1. I tell u how it will end up. Ppl will use 1 time an ability that will get them 1 save kill. Rest of the match the person will hide and run like crazy. Win by 1-0. This wouldnt happen in 4 vs 4. Or if we just could have an enemy radar mod Edited by Lord_Noctus

my idea was , to not make it a knockout tournament but roundrobin, regardless of powers enabled or not. Everybody will fight more than once, and not the same team, thus standings become more accurate. So a super strong team doesnt eliminate an average team, which could place at the end in the middle of the pack right from the getgo.

1v1 banning powers is definetely reasonable, cuz you cant balance on 1v1 anyways. 1v1 matches will best be decided by the stronger movement and aiming.

2v2 or 3v3 its viable. On the strawpoll 30 people already voted for participation and if it becomes even more over the weekend we can easily make it 3v3, which is a good number , taking the fact, roundrobin first stage will take longer than simple KO.

Edited by .HanZo.

What about those ppl who lost in the first matches then to those powers that will get banned.limbo excalibur equinox powers and also mag bullS#&$ attractor are not made for 1 vs 1. I tell u how it will end up. Ppl will use 1 time an ability that will get them 1 save kill. Rest of the match the person will hide and run like crazy. Win by 1-0. This wouldnt happen in 4 vs 4. Or if we just could have an enemy radar mod

That's why you have a loadout with ivara

That's why you have a loadout with ivara

ha u read me like an open book my friend its true im using ivara sometimes :D but still understand the problematic behind this pls. i witnessed match ups where better aim and movement lost to a tactic like this. i dont wanna call names becouse these matches were clanintern but u would be suprised.

Edited by Lord_Noctus