The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Easily Farm Focus Using Ivara (Dead Guide)

IonCross

Question

UPDATE 18.5 - This guide no longer works since enemy spawn mechanic has been changed for the 2nd time now. It's sad, but this game is for players who can adapt and survive, and not to those who complains the most. <3

Hello Tenno,

I only got a chance to try this technique for the first time, but I was surprised with the results. Following Rob's focus farming guide in 

He advised it can also be done using Ivara. Well since I don't have WAR or fully forma'd Loki Prime, I thought of doing it using my favorite Warframe Ivara. Noise Arrow will be the core of this farming guide.

so first, here is my build:

9i65vm.jpg

I followed Rob's Quiver build and tweaked it a little bit for my style. As you can see 0 forma. In this build, Quick Thinking is a must.

For my arsenal, I've always been a fan of throwing weapons. In this case, we will use Kestrel with a syndicate mod. It's originally intended for unlimited energy supply while Navigating the weapon but we will use it in a different way today. :3

t0sz0l.jpg

For this to be successful, you'll need to go in Ceres and find any Deception type sector. I believe Ker is the best option. So what you will do is activate prowl, equip Kestrel and kill all the enemies along the way in Stealth mode. Once you get into the area where you'll need to drop the device, you will see that the area is quiet big, and the objective sits on a high tower.

You will have 3-4 spawning spots in this location: The entrance, the other side of the area, the high tower where the console sits, and the exit right below the tower.

You won't need to place the device immediately (unless enemies are on high alert due to Corpus spawns by a bug, or mission changes to Exterminate). Go ahead and roam around first using Prowl. And gather enemies in one spot using your Noise Arrow. You can fire the noise arrow in different spots if enemies are too scattered or you can do it one mob at a time.

Now throw your Kestrel beneath your enemies' feet. With the current build, it should explode when touching the ground and killing them all immediately. This will grant you 500% bonus affinity with 8-10 enemies. You can choose whether you want to do this with the syndicate proc or not but this will have its Pros and Cons: Whether get energy supply but making unnoticed enemies alerted, or you can continue the affinity bonus but struggle to keep the energy up. With the Ivara build I shown at the top, it should provide a decent amount of time in prowl. So it'll be up to you to work your way around.

Below are "proofs" of thy labor.

kasinm.jpg

28lffi9.jpg

2mwrqkl.jpg

So move to the next spawning point. Keep farming for 15-20 minutes. and voila! you got this in the results.

keyvwh.jpg

As you can see, its only 1 Zenurik lens on my ivara but you can also add more (whether normal lens or greater lenses) into your Kestrel and get rid of your primary and secondary for this mission. Add a greater lens on both Ivara and the Kestrel and you should be kicking with 50k per mission. 

So there you go, these are the basic steps. Now its up to you to do your own thing. Hope this helps you farm easier! Remember you can only get 75k affinity per day. So dont stress yourself. :3

EDIT: This is only a mere guide to those having hard time farming focus. If in any case you find your own method more effective, then please, by all means keep doing it or better, share it to others, and provide them evidence. #NoHate :3

Thanks!

Edited by IonCross
Guide no longer good.

9 answers to this question

Every frame can do it, but Ivara and Loki are preferred frames for these because they can be cloaked for extended periods of time while attacking freely. Other frames may run into the problem of getting spotted at higher difficulty levels and therefore either breaking the stealth multiplier constantly, or causing an alert, wasting time.

Ivara can be quite powerful with Zenurik's Energy Overflow passive (Energy Siphon being only 0.6 is nice to start the mission, but you could always bring something else if you can spent a energy restore or wait until you can use your Focus Ability), as a single Cloak Arrow directly at your feet should give you enough time to recover anywhere between 20-80 energy (Maxed Energy Overflow is a BEAST and highly recommended for any caster frame, Flow really isn't needed at that point unless you run QT), and you can still cast Navigator while standing in the bubble, to attack without anyone getting smart.