Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerning Broken War And The Dakra Prime...

RYNDW

So I'm probably pretty late to the party by this point, but having just realized that Broken War requires no mastery rank to use and the completion of The Second Dream quest (Which DOES require a MR of 3), I can't help but feel that either the Dakra Prime needs a slight buff, or Broken War needs a nerf. With the Dakra, you had to not only reach MR 6, but you also had to grind for the parts in void missions. But with completing The Second Dream quest, you're pretty much guaranteed a straight upgrade from the Dakra off the bat, with no building or resources required, WITH a blue potato no less. Don't get me wrong, I love the weapon, but it also feels as if all the effort I put into acquiring the Dakra Prime was all for nothing, and it kind of devalues the weapon, especially for new players. Like, if it reappeared in the Prime Vault, why would they want to go through the hassle of farming for the parts when in the end they'd have an although aesthetically pleasing sword, a weapon that pales in comparison to the Broken War.

Either way, by this point it's just a bit of curiosity, being lucky enough to  own both swords, it doesn't really affect me regardless.

So, Nerfed Broken War or Buffed Dakra Prime?

Welcome to the powercreep. I don't think we will see any changes in regards to Dakra Prime, and I highly doubt DE will change broken war.

There are also many other weapons that fall into the same spot, and we will not see any changes up until DE changes the Mastery rank restrictions on weapons and re-balance them. Which probably won't happen in a very long time.

Neither? I'm quite fine with something better than Dakra Prime. I don't see the need to nerf something just because it's better than something else. Why can't we let the newbies have a good weapon instead of nerfing it too?

In other words, who's making you go through the hassle to get Dakra Prime? I'll be getting it just for the Mastery. I'm happy with my Broken War, and I'm sure many are, so please don't nerf it.

The broken war's mastery requirement could be higher or something, but it won't change the fact that they made the best sword in the game and the quest line is hard to complete. Main problem is that the game is being power creeped by melee right now as every new one seems to be trying to top the last, which is fine and fun to have good end game weapons. I just hope it doesn't go too far...

Edited by (PS4)Asdeft

Obviously the newer weapons are better than the old that have colleced spider webs already. Otherwise if the newer weapons are worse, they can be considered MR fodder and are uninteresting. Though i'm all up for a buff for the older guns. Making more weapons interesting is always awesome.

Obviously the newer weapons are better than the old that have colleced spider webs already. Otherwise if the newer weapons are worse, they can be considered MR fodder and are uninteresting. Though i'm all up for a buff for the older guns. Making more weapons interesting is always awesome.

Now, seeing something like that happen with some of the older melee weapons would be sweet, like giving the Dakra a unique stance tailored for it, or even some new attack animations. But regardless, it looks like power creep is just gonna be constant thing now.

Now, seeing something like that happen with some of the older melee weapons would be sweet, like giving the Dakra a unique stance tailored for it, or even some new attack animations. But regardless, it looks like power creep is just gonna be constant thing now.

Also powercreep brings money.

But of course.

You have to understand this from two different perspectives. Having Dakra have it's own stance (which is completely ludicrous as that stance would have to be able to be used on other swords too; you can't have an exclusive stance for one weapon) is unfair for other swords. Broken-War is a memory of the Second Dream. Thus, it's elevated to a special status.

Also, more money for DE is good for us. It means they have more resources with which to make this game better. People complain about Excalibur and Valkyr being OP and making other frames un-fun, but at the same time, their is an exhilirating feeling of being so powerful. Which is why I am so excited for the upcoming Volt/Mag reworks.

TL;DR: Powercreep is fun for people. It makes money for DE (which is good for us). It wouldn't be fair to make Dakra exclusive just because there is a better weapon. No on is forcing you to switch over.

New weapons are not as good or better than older weapons:  "Wow gg DE just releasing more MR fodder give us something good for crying out loud!"

New weapons are better than older weapons:  "Wow gg DE way to ruin your game with powercreep"

I know it's not the same people on both sides of the fence, but it is the same crowd.

C'mon guys.

Dakra Prime is fine.  Broken War is certainly better.  The space where one is a mandatory choice over the other could probably fit between the sigma bond of  diatomic nitrogen.  For everything else, they'll either both wipe the map, or it's just a slight difference in TTK between the two.  One's a beautiful cutlass, one's highly evocative of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.  Make a style choice you like and don't get wrapped around the axle about min/maxing.

You have to understand this from two different perspectives. Having Dakra have it's own stance (which is completely ludicrous as that stance would have to be able to be used on other swords too; you can't have an exclusive stance for one weapon) is unfair for other swords. Broken-War is a memory of the Second Dream. Thus, it's elevated to a special status.

Also, more money for DE is good for us. It means they have more resources with which to make this game better. People complain about Excalibur and Valkyr being OP and making other frames un-fun, but at the same time, their is an exhilirating feeling of being so powerful. Which is why I am so excited for the upcoming Volt/Mag reworks.

TL;DR: Powercreep is fun for people. It makes money for DE (which is good for us). It wouldn't be fair to make Dakra exclusive just because there is a better weapon. No on is forcing you to switch over.

First of all, I never said that DE making money was a bad thing. Secondly, Broken War got it's own stance, Vengeful Revenant, So what would be so ridiculous about the Dakra having a unique stance? Also, never said it had to be exclusive, as Vengeful Revenant ain't exclusive either, it just suits the weapon. And thirdly, I'm perfectly aware that no one's forcing anyone to switch to the superior weapon, it's just a shame that for the most part, swords are swords, and the only difference between them is damage. Would've been nice if their were some unique properties for all long swords in general besides stats. The closest thing we've got at the moment are Syndicate augment mods.