Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Conclave] Excal (P ?) + D. Nikana + Blind Justice + Channeling = 1 Shot. How?

Chroia

Okay, okay, it's 2 shot on Atlas.

Honest question, as I've not seen good results when using the Dikana.

D nikana is a great weapon, bit outclassed lately but still has it's place. What you're seeing from people may be a combo of radial blind and a high power melee build, as blind, or any sort of unaware modifier, causes enemies to take 300% (I'm fairly sure) more melee damage.

Edit: except I just realized this is pvp feedback and I'm an idiot. No clue if it works the same there sorry >.<

Edited by (PS4)maelstromm15

It doesn't "seem" to one hit while channeling, it DOES one hit while channeling. It requires goodish aim, proper timing and good control to effectively use tho.

Nope, it's easy to use this combo if you have the slightest sense of that.  I've never used it before and I can easily top the scoreboards.

Nope, it's easy to use this combo if you have the slightest sense of that.  I've never used it before and I can easily top the scoreboards.

Against new players sure, not so much when you play with a full roster of veterans who know how to stay in the air and as far away as the melee player as possible. It's a skill-gap thing mostly.

Tryed it for the first time properly today - an atlas with orthos prime kept topping the leaderboards and nobody could really do much against him as he kept blocking all projectiles.

Every lobby I went in he kept popping up and winning. I got my hek out and started doing pretty well, then I thought maybe that guiding light combo might counter him and be fun too.

It took a little bit before I got it down, but then I was beating him 1 on 1 and shot past him on the leaderboards.

Its easily the cheapest melee move, even though it takes some skill(teeny bit), and its useless against pro player s who zoom about. I dont run into many players like that at all on PS4 theres a few skilled daikyu players ive ran into, but people tend to shy away from snipers for some reason.

Its easily the cheapest melee move, even though it takes some skill(teeny bit), and its useless against pro player s who zoom about. I dont run into many players like that at all on PS4 theres a few skilled daikyu players ive ran into, but people tend to shy away from snipers for some reason.

"cheapest melee move" ? As far as I know that place has been in Jat Kittag's rocket-head since, well, ever. Now it's better, but it¡s still hilariously easy to use and abuse, GL at least requires some aim and control.

The thing is console aiming is harder than M+KB aim, that's why melee is more dominant on console than in PC.

Lol, I actually tried Jat Kittag- ing the Atlas guy before I tryed the Dragon Nikana, forgetting I couldnt knock the bugger down..so unless it was a direct hit on his noggin he took me out!

I actually enjoy using a melee that can reliably kill people, I wish other weapons could compete with these few top melee ones. There are a few options, but not enough imo.

It doesn't "seem" to one hit while channeling, it DOES one hit while channeling. It requires goodish aim, proper timing and good control to effectively use tho.

This will 1 hit a rhino even with a freshly casted iron skin has hapoend to me several times. I understand the need of melee but why not make all weapons or stances as powerful..or and heres a stretch for conclave... Tkse it out since its so overpowered or actually balance all the other melee combos. If i was noob coming against the dragon nikana with the guiding light combo i would never pick up conclave again.

This will 1 hit a rhino even with a freshly casted iron skin has hapoend to me several times. I understand the need of melee but why not make all weapons or stances as powerful..or and heres a stretch for conclave... Tkse it out since its so overpowered or actually balance all the other melee combos. If i was noob coming against the dragon nikana with the guiding light combo i would never pick up conclave again.

Guiding Light won't one-shot a Rhino with a fresh Iron Skin, it would take the dash and at least two extra hits to do it. It seems to one-shot an iron skinned Rhino because of lag.

Melee weapons didn't oneshot in the past, the problem was that since people would bulletjump into space the second you landed a hit on them or just got close enough while being as squishy as them made melee combat not viable. The solutions were either giving reliable CC like stagger on every hit or grounding effect and super defenses like 100% damage block and some damage reduction for having the melee equiped. Or buff melee damage and make them oneshot you if they hit you. Since pretty much every single gunplayer in existence said buffing melee def and giving it cc would make it overpowered (balance be damned as long as point&click is superior to E-mash aparently) so DE decided to go with the second. Blame the oneshot on whiny gunplayers, not on melee weapons.

Even with melee one shotting it still falls off the more experienced people are with movement, thats why blind justice is the go to stance cause it has a pretty insane gap closer, like a excal dash, but that solution makes getting killed look very strange if there is any lag because they could be 15 m away and kill you. 

Im not completely sure what the solution should be to make melee more viable without being overpowered im just sure that it is not an easy task just due to the basic values of a gun vs a melee weapon

Since pretty much every single gunplayer in existence said buffing melee def and giving it cc would make it overpowered (balance be damned as long as point&click is superior to E-mash aparently) so DE decided to go with the second. Blame the oneshot on whiny gunplayers, not on melee weapons.

Just because you only play melee doesnt mean every gun user is against you but this kind of talk sure isnt helping your side

Even with melee one shotting it still falls off the more experienced people are with movement, thats why blind justice is the go to stance cause it has a pretty insane gap closer, like a excal dash, but that solution makes getting killed look very strange if there is any lag because they could be 15 m away and kill you. 

Im not completely sure what the solution should be to make melee more viable without being overpowered im just sure that it is not an easy task just due to the basic values of a gun vs a melee weapon

Just because you only play melee doesnt mean every gun user is against you but this kind of talk sure isnt helping your side

I've argued before with you, you should notice by now that I use exagerations to drive my point ^^

I don't  think literally every gunplayer is against me. I in fact have a lot of respect for many, specially those who use bows and snipers since those are arguably the hardest weapons to use ^^

Also, little trick: Guiding Light has 12m range (it's the longest gap closer of all melee weapons) but that distance isn't set in stone, since it works by momentum, so if you slide just as you start the dash (that's a 0.4s window of oportunity during martial fury, mind you) you get the slide momentum and you can cover up to 16m. It's kinda hard to use and abuse tho.