The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Someone Revives You Or Your Dog, Say "thank You." Or "thanks." Or "ty"

Troll_Logic

Question

It is not necessary to thank someone for that -and it can be dangerous, it's not mere common courtesy, you're saving "virtual" life, it's least you can do. 

But I'm always annoyed when people bring jubrow to difficult missions, so I have to revive them and their dogs

"you brought your dog to sortie, MR5?"

"Thank you v...." dead again!

Better to flee to a safe space and even then just a "ty" people know what it means and appreciate more not getting insta killed again...

Some do that while the other is reviving you (the vazarin passive can then screw you...)

"Thank you v...." dead again!

I don't believe it.  I know I'm quoting you, but I'm answering everyone who says "dead again."

Nope.  I always thank the person.  Sure, it may come out as "thansk" or something similar and that's all it takes.

Many players seem to think it requires some long winded reply, but it doesn't.  Just a "thanks" or "ty."

You know how to type that without dying again?  Do what I do.  Type it the very second someone starts the revive.  That way if you're revived then you can start playing and if the other player dies while reviving you, you let him know you appreciate it.

And sure, all players are supposed to revive when they can.  But players still should show some appreciation.  After all, the other players don't need to jump into the situation that got you killed.

It's not always advisable, especially when in the middle of large chaotic firefights. In those circumstances I'd rather thank the person by not dying again ;)

Well, it takes a few second to revive someone, I type thx when someone comes over and starts to revive. When I get up I start shooting. E.g.: I thank people for trying to revive me, not whether they are successful or not.

I am usually trying to cover them with my secondary while they expose themselves to revive me.  Dont have time to say ty

since when was someone NOT thankful for a revive?  it is assumed they are

of course I have been in missions were some jerk tells everyone NOT to revive me, and then "pour the coals on their face" when I revive him.

I am usually trying to cover them with my secondary while they expose themselves to revive me.  Dont have time to say ty

since when was someone NOT thankful for a revive?  it is assumed they are

of course I have been in missions were some jerk tells everyone NOT to revive me, and then "pour the coals on their face" when I revive him.

Depends on the situation. I can bang out "thx" while I'm reloading while spray'n'praying from the ground pretty quick. I hate when I have a bug that can only be fixed by dying and self reviving and no one listens when I beg them not to revive me. 

Yea. No. Talking is for between missions.

It takes a massive amount of time to say anything on ps4.

If someone dared try thanking after I revive them during a fight, goes down again, its on someone else to get them back up.

Show gratitude by getting back into the fight. Save your empty platitudes for tea parties.

I don't believe it.  I know I'm quoting you, but I'm answering everyone who says "dead again."

Nope.  I always thank the person.  Sure, it may come out as "thansk" or something similar and that's all it takes.

Many players seem to think it requires some long winded reply, but it doesn't.  Just a "thanks" or "ty."

You know how to type that without dying again?  Do what I do.  Type it the very second someone starts the revive.  That way if you're revived then you can start playing and if the other player dies while reviving you, you let him know you appreciate it.

And sure, all players are supposed to revive when they can.  But players still should show some appreciation.  After all, the other players don't need to jump into the situation that got you killed.

I am going to repeat: You make it sound like you are helpless while on the ground. Those seconds could be used covering your reviving teammates with your secondary. I would prefer that people thank me by doing their best to cover me from the ground while I pick them up -- and I think a lot of players would agree. 

You have a preference that people say something, but many people don't, and many people just don't see it as necessary at all. I only consider it impolite if they don't lift a finger to help me later, otherwise I don't expect Tenno to say anything: "Less talking, more killing". 

Neglecting to revive someone that you could easily revive is bad manners. Not reviving when it's very dangerous isn't bad manners. Reviving someone that's easy to revive isn't "good" manners, it's normal.

My point is, reviving is generally supposed to be the default, it possible. I might write 'thanks' if it's done in the last second, or someone traveled a long distance to do it, MIGHT. Nor do i expect thanks if i revive someone.

Some might say you can type while laying down, but you can also spend that time shooting with your secondary to assist your rescuers. Helping them help you is much more useful.

I almost always say "thx" when being revived, and apologize when I get downed all the time.

bout Kubrows, I don't expect people to say thank you, and so I don't do it. It's not that much of a big deal.

Neglecting to revive someone that you could easily revive is bad manners. Not reviving when it's very dangerous isn't bad manners. Reviving someone that's easy to revive isn't "good" manners, it's normal.

-snip-

Some might say you can type while laying down, but you can also spend that time shooting with your secondary to assist your rescuers. Helping them help you is much more useful.

Not reviving stupid guys that weighs you down for the 4th is ok to me. if you do Capture, it's ok not to revive if you can speed run because they won't have the time to get bored.

I always shoot when downed, and use the animation to type.

I am going to repeat: You make it sound like you are helpless while on the ground. Those seconds could be used covering your reviving teammates with your secondary. I would prefer that people thank me by doing their best to cover me from the ground while I pick them up -- and I think a lot of players would agree. 

I understand your point and I agree 100% that people should shoot while they are waiting and while they are being revived.  That being said, you make it sound like every revive situation requires that downed player to be constantly shooting and any hesitation at all will end up with both players dying.  While that situation may occur, it is exceedingly rare if it occurs at all.  The overwhelmingly vast majority of the time only a few enemies are ever around and the sentinels/kubrows shields/weapons provide more than enough cover and the player misses what? Two or maybe three shots from a sonicor by typing "ty?"

I'm not saying that people who don't express any gratitude are wrong.  I just see it as another player is doing me a favor by reviving me.  That player has stopped playing the revive me.  He's not killing anything.  He's not gathering anything.  He's come back for me while the other players are running off and killing things.  Since that player is doing me a favor, it's the least I can do by expressing a small amount of gratitude.

I mean honestly, I can understand the side of not saying ty, thanks or whatever. I try to most of the time. However there have been times people have really been offended by me for covering. If you are currently being revived by two other team mates don't get mad that I'm not coming to the rescue as well when there are 3 high end bombards raining on us. Also don't expect a thank you when I could be shooting them if I'm the downed player. There are times when manners are in order and when tactics are in order. We won't do anyone any good if all of us are down, I've been there, I've done that. It's nothing but staring at each other and watching us each die one by one and then revive ourselves. 

Yea. No. Talking is for between missions.

It takes a massive amount of time to say anything on ps4.

If someone dared try thanking after I revive them during a fight, goes down again, its on someone else to get them back up.

Show gratitude by getting back into the fight. Save your empty platitudes for tea parties.

Same problem.