Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Survival Missions Make Sense Anymore From A Lore Standpoint?

Gabbynaru

Its gamey and DE actually does not care much about lore and consistency of the background.

If you play Warframe for the "story" or any kind of logic within its own world I am sorry for you.

Apparently the best piece of military hardware can not store more oxygen to be operational for a few seconds. To defeat us the enemy should cut live support (even on a planet with atmosphere and vast open terrain) and close the doors with no console in the room we actually are in.

Also its amazing how a broken window can drain us just sooo fast yet in space all it takes is some kind of... attachment to make everything perfect.

Apparently we can Pull that arch wing out of our &#! every moment as seen on uranus in the water levels. So why dont we just deploy them all the time?

We where does my gigantic Gauss Rifle go when I leave the water?

Oh this game makes no sense at all. Nowhere.

Eh, people here are confuseing the difference between something which isn´t explained and something which contradicts itself.

A lot of mechanics don´t have a lore explanation but this doesn´t mean that therefore they make no sense just because you make up your own explanation on how things should work.

but Archwing and Sharkwing... where is the lifesupport there?

It's built into the Archwing, likely a rebreather system allowing extended time in space but not indefinitely.

But we already know lore wise the frames are part biological, based off of the infested flesh thanks to Alad V. and other sections descriptions of the proto-frame(Or atleast the organic base of them) such as the Rhino Prime codex.

As for people claiming DE is walking all over older lore... I think you guys need to go back and read again all of it is linked, some of it you may have misinterpreted at the time due to lack of knowledge.

Also the infested obviously need air or else they wouldn't infest ships and keep them whole, that is why they just pump toxins into the air for their Survival missions.

Its gamey and DE actually does not care much about lore and consistency of the background.

If you play Warframe for the "story" or any kind of logic within its own world I am sorry for you

They actually talked about this on the dev stream saying "There is story, we just need a way to show it to the players"...it was tied in the discussion with the star chart 3.0, so expect things to be rehashed. again.

Heh, yes there could be some logic flawn in making ultimate weapon for space mission which requires oxygen, and being vulnerable to gas. But logic is inferior to gameplay. ;-)

Another logic flawn: at this point lotus/operator should learn that "cut the life support" is favorite defense tactics, so just bring damm thing for yourself. ;-)

Nevertheless survival missions are the best.

From lore perspective: warframes seems to have own concious to some degree, each description tells that they have some kind of personality (like valkyr being angry) so leaving them behind would be bad. Also no way im goint to farm them againg.

For valkyr, the transference give the pain to the operator, so i dont think that the warframe have her own conciousness

For valkyr, the transference give the pain to the operator, so i dont think that the warframe have her own conciousness

I have to agree here, and many will argue otherwise since the frame "moved on it's own" but I have to argue against that.

We already saw we can control the frame remotely via the chair and while touching it but who says we need the chair other than to act as an amplifier? In our moment of panic we activated the frame subconsciously, fear is quite a strong emotion after all and it responded just long enough for the threat to end when it broke the sword.

Survivals need to be redone plain and simple. We are told we are supposed to keep the enemy distracted while a fellow tenno raids the ship for much needed supplies. Well why not replace oxygen levels with an aggression level that must be maintained/increased to keep the "guards" distracted and occupied, no more random LS drops. Make it so that kills and the use of certain skills raises the aggression, as long as the level is above a certain threshold the mission can continue. The longer the mission goes, the harder the enemy, the more aggression generation needed to continue the mission.

Skills should also play a role, right now Nyx is about the worst choice for survivals while by definition of creating a ruckus she should be a very good choice thanks to chaos. So it would not matter much if you kill the bad guys or if they they kill each other.

Stealth frames would not be affected much since kills would still count and be very important to keep the aggression up.

You have to understand that Life Support does not mean oxygen only. It may be gravity tethers, tachyon drives that maintain the artificial gravity within the facility, different gases that maintain the acidity levels in the atmosphere and many other science-fiction concepts.

The Tenno or other factions might not even need oxygen to survive. Simply cutting oxygen means nothing. They cut "Life Support" which includes everything that helps maintain the bearable limits of survival.

This is why it makes sense.

To everyone saying that it makes no sense to make an "ultimate weapon" that won't survive without life support, I disagree. After all, by the same logic, it would make no sense to create an interstellar colonization device that is deathly allergic to your one method of interstellar travel. But the Orokin did that, too.

It's a question of failsafes. If they lost control of the Sentients, then at least they couldn't return to the Origin system. If they lost control of the Warframes (perhaps designed before they thought to use the Zariman children), then they'd cut life support and choke them out. If they lost control of the grineer, they're made to be intelectually stunted, putting an end to a rebellion would be easy.

Unfortunately for the Orokin, all of their creations found ways to work around their limitations, and their great empire collapsed, torn apart by all of the things they'd made.

For everyone pointing out inconsistencies in our interactions with life support: game mechanics as lore only goes so far. Otherwise we'd lose our gear on every mission failure, not just when Zanuka knocks us down. Plenty of things are going to fudge the lore to make the game playable, and that's true in any game.

I personally thought that the warframe moving on its own was lotus taking over from her crazy mask thing. I mean, as soon as stalker left she was there.

As far as warframes being alive, we build them using stuff like circuits and metal but then things like nano spores and plastids which are both biological matter. Also, assuming operators aren't in the suit, what are neural sensors in the helmet sensing?

We know from dark sector that the first tenno, Hayden Tenno, was infected with the technocyte virus like the infested, and he did end up looking like excalibur. Meaning the warframes could have come about like this.

That brings up the darker question of whether or not warframes were once functional humans. And now that they're transformed from the virus this sadistic kid is now hanging in their space closet waiting for him/her to take them over and use them as a punching bag so that the kid doesn't hurt themselves.

Edited by (XB1)TheLegend 64312

I personally thought that the warframe moving on its own was lotus taking over from her crazy mask thing. I mean, as soon as stalker left she was there.

As far as warframes being alive, we build them using stuff like circuits and metal but then things like nano spores and plastids which are both biological matter. Also, assuming operators aren't in the suit, what are neural sensors in the helmet sensing?

We know from dark sector that the first tenno, Hayden Tenno, was infected with the technocyte virus like the infested, and he did end up looking like excalibur. Meaning the warframes could have come about like this.

That brings up the darker question of whether or not warframes were once functional humans. And now that they're transformed from the virus this sadistic kid is now hanging in their space closet waiting for him/her to take them over and use them as a punching bag so that the kid doesn't hurt themselves.

Why do you think we have capture targets? Any real information would have been hacked in this world from mobile defense.

The lotus provides the blank slate. We etch into it with blueprints and raw materials.

Remember the old cryo pods we protected? Naked Jim inside. Well it was no Tenno, The warframes were cyro frozen. It was the core of a warframe. Those Orokin bodies are likely used for Primes. Our capture targets for common frames.

Edited by Firetempest