The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Current Meta For Warframes?

IXGuilmonXI

Question

It's been awhile since I've returned to Warframe but since it's been awhile I don't really know the current meta for the newer Warframes. Like I'm pretty sure Vauban is still the go to Warframe for infested defense but I'm not sure if that holds up as well now.

13 answers to this question

the truth has been written, come to think of it i dont see vauban often as i used to in the past.

That's his opinion but i don't think that it answered or helped OP's question.

@OP - Frost obv for defenses (now against infested too!), Vauban still cool, EV/Bless Trin in raids, Mag for corpus, Limbo for troll, Ember for exterminate rush, Rhino for MLG and hmm...Nekros for loot. That's the meta i would say but as others have mentioned already, meta =/= fun. Just wanted to answer your question but how you enjoy the game, it's up to you.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Most of the newer frames (Atlas,Wukong,Nezha,Ivara) aren't considered meta for the most part Vauban and Ember are goon for infested depending on how long you want to go Mirage is also great for that and nova is great for speed runs no really too sure where to start since I don't know how long it's been for you but generally most frames are good enough to at least get to 20 with a competent player

Really? Have I been gone that long? At the moment I'm pretty clueless to what roles these new Warframes should do.

The new ones are not really built for specific roles the way the old ones were.  They are more hybridized frames.

The current Meta won't even matter to you unless you plan on going 1 hour + in high tier survivals.  Up to that point everything works fine.

That's his opinion but i don't think that it answered or helped OP's question.

@OP - Frost obv for defenses (now against infested too!), Vauban still cool, EV/Bless Trin in raids, Mag for corpus, Limbo for troll, Ember for exterminate rush, Rhino for MLG and hmm...Nekros for loot. That's the meta i would say but as others have mentioned already, meta =/= fun. Just wanted to answer your question but how you enjoy the game, it's up to you.

Thanks for the answer. :)

The new ones are not really built for specific roles the way the old ones were.  They are more hybridized frames.

The current Meta won't even matter to you unless you plan on going 1 hour + in high tier survivals.  Up to that point everything works fine.

Ya, Reason why I asked was because I was planning to go for Ash Prime and noticed that I'm probably gonna need to bring over what people think is the best since I've noticed how high the levels are probably going to be.

Thanks for the answer. :)

Ya, Reason why I asked was because I was planning to go for Ash Prime and noticed that I'm probably gonna need to bring over what people think is the best since I've noticed how high the levels are probably going to be.

Np bro. But Ash Prime can also be good in Grineer high level sorties especially when they got enhanced armor and you got no premade team with 4x corrosive projection. Ash ignores the armor and with enough power strength, he can rek them.