The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Founder] Trade Restricted After Coming Back To Game - Support Not Responding

Sunaether

Question

edit: I know I have to wait for DE at this point. It's just extremely painful. Does anyone have any theories on WHY this happened?

I am a founder and a streamer. I have been trade locked since returning to the game and it has had a huge impact on my ability to play and perform the giveaways I want to do. WF Support, I am told, can take up to a month to get back to you... This is going to suck for me. Does anyone know of a way to resolve this trade restriction?

Edited by Sunaether

14 answers to this question

If you have been away for a bit, did you except any gifts before you had to take a break? There was and still might be, a glitch that caused those to get a gift to be responsible for any defaults of payment on behalf of the gifters instead of returning the item purchased, the default is passed to the person receiving the gift and they are in trouble until the negative platinum is paid. If it was right before a break, that could be the issue. Support will be the only one that can tell for sure but often will not get into detail about it unless politely pressed as rules are in place for support not to discuss causes of bans if there is possibility that bans were for cheating or such. You might have luck asking DE Megan or DE Rebecca in PM to check if your support ticket is still registering.

In my experience, long waits are the norm sadly though it could be bad coincidence, work-load, or just someone had a bad day. I have been pleased that some users do get help on occasion more expediently but it doesn't seem to be the average. Just keep patient with the support staff, and resist the impulse to create additional support tickets for the same issue as it can slow the process. Asking the solid community heads to see what they can about the ticket might be the best idea if you need input and you haven't got responses from support in a bit. Just be polite and give as much info as possible; hopefully the issue can be resolved in a positive fashion. Just recall, if support has a bad day, and feel you are part of that bad day, they have the ability to ban you from the forums as well as the game - hard to check a ticket or communicate if you can't actually log in to the forums or support site. This has been an issue for some players according to Steam discussions. Good luck in your ticket resolution.

Founder, streamer or stripper dont count that much tbh.. You must wait and nothing more

Yeah, if you're thinking anything besides being an actual employee of DE makes a difference to the speed with which you'll get a response, I recommend checking with RNGesus as well (Spoilers, he doesn't give a hoot either :^|)

Reddit has a stickied thread about this going on right now. Apparently they auto ban you if you leave the game for too long for your own protection. Once you comeback and complain they start to check your account for anything suspicious (that's why is taking so long for them to reply), if everything is in order they'll unban you otherwise they'll keep the ban unless you make a thread on reddit/twitter exposing them and gaining the support of the community. GL.