Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Purple Text In Trade Chat

5HV3N

I don't trade much, but what privilege?

Suppose the purple text is seen as the privilege. Allows their offers to stand out more than others. Therefore an unfair advantage.

To be honest I do agree. Their text and names (if they are purple) should be white, like everyone elses in trade and any other relevant social sections.

This is in the wrong section though. Maybe UI or something.

Edited by Naith

As a note, they do have the ability to temporarily disable their own purpletext.

The reason why they usually have high value offers is Guides of the Lotus are mostly experienced players, who are only looking for a select few items or to stockpile Platinum. I usually find myself in the same boat.

Edited by Kthal

Suppose the purple text is seen as the privilege. Allows their offers to stand out more than others. Therefore an unfair advantage.

To be honest I do agree. Their text and names (if they are purple) should be white, like everyone elses in trade and any other relevant social sections.

Eh, I can see that, but I also think we're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Well, hardly. He's noted a complaint which is valid. He isn't being dramatic as if it's the end of the world writing up war and peace. It's just something that needs addressing as I can see some people actually becoming dramatic about it as they see it as unfair.

Purple text is not a privilege but a way to show you're GoTL and people can ask help from you. 

And I don't see how having purple text in trading gives you any advantages. It's not blurring the white text...you can see it all. I guess people in trading look for good offers, not for people with different text colors?

Well, hardly. He's noted a complaint which is valid. He isn't being dramatic as if it's the end of the world writing up war and peace. It's just something that needs addressing as I can see some people actually becoming dramatic about it as they see it as unfair.

Fair enough, the fix isn't too dramatic either.

Purple text is not a privilege but a way to show you're GoTL and people can ask help from you. 

And I don't see how having purple text in trading gives you any advantages. It's not blurring the white text...you can see it all. I guess people in trading look for good offers, not for people with different text colors?

A different color, like caps, is more easy and atractive to read. So they're more likely to be read.

This is not an UI bug.

These^

I don't see nothing unfair about it.

It's a choice they (Sr. GoTL) make in using the purple text.. they can also set their text color to normal and without it being bold (like everyone else).

This is not an UI bug.

I don't see nothing unfair about it.

It's a choice they (Sr. GoTL) make in using the purple text.. they can also set their text color to normal and without it being bold (like everyone else).

Funny, I didn't see me saying it was a UI bug.

It can very easily be deemed unfair because in some shape or form, they've got an advantage, no matter how you twist it. Also, their choice is irrelevant.

Edited by Naith

It can very easily be deemed unfair because in some shape or form, they've got an advantage, no matter how you twist it around. Also, their choice is irrelevant.

Might want to try to withhold from answering people that just refuse to read everything or missed out something , so we don't derail in a discussion.

You might say they are obligated to help.... So if they have an advantage it only seems fair.

Edited by sniperbro-captian-PS

its an issue GOTL's are assocaited with de ....would make a pretty good bet that if 5 offers came to trade chat and all 5 were the same except 1 offer was from a a purple text GOTL  the GOTL would be seen as a more preferential trade partner than the rest for a number of well established socialogical and psyclogical reasons 

yes, but would you rather go for a good trade or a bad trade in purple?

It can very easily be deemed unfair because in some shape or form, they've got an advantage, no matter how you twist it. Also, their choice is irrelevant.

Well, it's neither something that DE must enforce on them (that they Must use normal text colors for otherwise, it's unfair)

*(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table]*

yes, but would you rather go for a good trade or a bad trade in purple?

It's easier to miss a good trade in a white sea that a bad trade (that sometimes can't be sure if it's good if you don't compare with other offers) that is atractive to read.

Just because the fact of being easier to be read, gives them an obvious advantage.

Maybe DE don't consider this to be an issue that deserves their time (I would say that have an easy fix but who knows), that is up to them.

Well, it's neither something that DE must enforce on them (that they Must use normal text colors for otherwise, it's unfair)

*(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table]*

Weeeell I don't see why not because it's eventually, if not now, cause some issues like what the OP has decided to post about and other people have posted. Think we're going to go in circles here though.

All this guide of lotus talk...

Their operating area is region chat and low lvl relays.

What kind of advice would a newbie be looking in tradechat anyways?

And I've never seen ANY gotl spreading anti-omega scam knowledge in tradechat for example. This makes it hard for me to swallow it.

Also there is no way for me to deal with it.

exhibit A:

During shadow debt there was purple text stating "wtb argon scope, 70p". When I was trying to gouge 200p for it. Suddenly all offers sent to me went down from 100-150 to 50p.

It IS affecting other players. And there is NOTHING I can do about it.

exhibit B:

Today, recurring, purple "wtb [lowball] rhino" text ruined my sales.

Edited by 5HV3N

I play a different game where I am part of its GOTL equivalent. I get a special tag to stand out,

The chat tag is toggleable so I'm only allowed to put it on when I'm ready and willing to help new players. If I was ever found abusing it in such a matter that gives me any personal gain I would have my privilege taken from me.