The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kohm

(PSN)Dargondarkfire

Question

12 answers to this question

What can you guys tell me about the kohm?

Well it was my first real shotgun that I though wasn't half bad. I didn't like any other shotgun and never really touched the hek or strug around closed beta (this was before the shotgun buff). 

If you don't put firerate mods on it you will be a sitting duck waiting for it to rev up.

I thought it was a cool idea but its an ammo hog

^This

It's pretty cool and can really dish out damage and status quickly. It's probably best if used with punchthrough and when you've got a large crowd of enemies. Any relatively short or low level run should be fine, but it really chews through ammo if you're not careful.

http://goo.gl/kUIt8K

^ That's how I use it.
The gun has innate punchthrough, which is splendid.
You may also want to use narrow barrel mod, in case you prefer accuracy over fire rate.

According to my observations, the build I gave you remains viable up to lvl 85-90 and works good against corpus and grineer; you need to make it blast+corrosive in order to use against infected, tho.

Edited by Teloch

The Kohm is a very effective and powerful shotgun. It revs up and spits out pellets at an insane rate, giving it high burst DPS, and felling hella fun while it does it. However, when you come with a Kohm, you quickly blow your load :^) I would get my hands on a Primed Shotgun Ammo Mutation and rank that sucker up if you plan on running it in extended duration missions. Worth it for shorter runs though if you don't have one.

http://goo.gl/kUIt8K

^ That's how I use it.

The gun has innate punchthrough, which is splendid.

You may also want to use narrow barrel mod, in case you prefer accuracy over fire rate.

According to my observations, the build I gave you remains viable up to lvl 85-90 and works good against corpus and grineer; you need to make it blast+corrosive in order to use against infected, tho.

Cool. Those prime mods are going to be a pain to get thou.

Already put catalyst and forma in mine, thinking about adding more. When have nothing else to level i come back to Khom.

The good thing is that it has killing power but in the same time big magazine, so less reloads. So can clear mission room on one magazine. It also can start with avarage punch, and end with very big firepunch when winded up. It is shotgun but handles as minigun.

There are also limitacions: without amunicion mutacion i can run out of ammo in harder missions. And it has wide spreaded, so cantheadshot all the things.

Random tip: after polarizing you can move starting polaizacion (which is most often freeze) to third location, which allows to get any combination of elemental dmg with right mod order.

Edited by felixsylvaris