The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question Regarding The User Agreement.

grigorije

Question

I have no idea if this is the right thread for this so I'll just put this here. xD

Does the segment of the user agreement shown bellow imply that DE has the right to terminate an account regardless of whether the user has made a violation or not?

The way I interpreted it, it would seem that that is the case. However, I doubt DE would terminate an account for no reason. Just currious.

"11. Account Termination

DIGITAL EXTREMES MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, BLOCK ACCESS TO OR DELETE THE SERVICE OR ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE."

13 answers to this question

That's pretty standard legal jargon for any user agreement and is there solely to cover their butts. They have no intention of terminating your account "just for lols" it just means should they decide to, they are not legally obligated to give you a reason or to reimburse you for it. 

Yeah, that's standard for online services like this, you see it everywhere in online games.  Give me two minutes on google and I could bring up the same type of sentence from 10 different MMOs.

It's a butt-cover so that they don't have to write a legal report and make a public statement whenever a little kid says bad words in chat, gets banned, and lies to their parents about what happened.

Yes, DE has the right to terminate any account for any reason they see fit, or no reason at all.

Of course, doing this often would certainly hurt their credibility and popularity. It's more to cover all potential bases in a legal sense. I don't believe DE has ever terminated an account for no reason at all.

...terminating your account "just for lols" ...

That's a reason =p

BTW

O.o Someone who reads the agreement?

On 2/11/2016 at 0:42 PM, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Thats a rule introduced for the plat collectors, a day servers will close and people with 3 millions plat will ask a refound, thats it

Even if I never spend a penny on the game, I would not want DE to reset the servers (Warframe is in beta after all). If they do, I will quit the game. It took me so long to get where I am, and I am MR10 only.

25 minutes ago, grigorije said:

Even if I never spend a penny on the game, I would not want DE to reset the servers (Warframe is in beta after all). If they do, I will quit the game. It took me so long to get where I am, and I am MR10 only.

If this game does ever decide to not be a beta it is very possible they would wipe the server clean that's pretty common practice for MMOs what isn't common practice is being in perpetual beta so I'm not too sure what to think about this. I'd Imagine if they did decide to wipe the servers though beta players would get something (Like closed beta players got) to make them feel good about themselves.

6 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

If this game does ever decide to not be a beta it is very possible they would wipe the server clean that's pretty common practice for MMOs what isn't common practice is being in perpetual beta so I'm not too sure what to think about this. I'd Imagine if they did decide to wipe the servers though beta players would get something (Like closed beta players got) to make them feel good about themselves.

Oh, you mean an access pack which costs €50? No thanks. Even if it was an Umbra Excalibur, I would not give that kind of money.

It would be nice if they let us keep our prime gear at least.

I got so tired of grinding for a Nikana Prime BP that I ended up selling an extra Saryn Prime BP, got two systems (already had one), and sold those two systems for a Nikana Prime BP.

11 hours ago, grigorije said:

Oh, you mean an access pack which costs €50? No thanks. Even if it was an Umbra Excalibur, I would not give that kind of money.

It would be nice if they let us keep our prime gear at least.

I got so tired of grinding for a Nikana Prime BP that I ended up selling an extra Saryn Prime BP, got two systems (already had one), and sold those two systems for a Nikana Prime BP.

No, if you actually read the example I gave I meant like how they gave Braton/Lato Vandal to Closed Beta testers pretty much just eye candy nothing too special. Still just about as much as any other MMO would do and that is assuming this game ever gets out of beta / wipes their servers at all which seems kind of unlikely.

2 hours ago, -Amaterasu- said:

No, if you actually read the example I gave...

I did read your reply, and all you said was that there was a gift. I had no idea what it was, as I never participated in the closed beta. I do know about the Excalibur Prime access, however.

38 minutes ago, grigorije said:

I did read your reply, and all you said was that there was a gift. I had no idea what it was, as I never participated in the closed beta. I do know about the Excalibur Prime access, however.

They will never do anything like the Excal pack ever again so if that's your worry then you don't need to be all that was was a way for them to make money so they could launch the game and pay their bills until they could push out more content. I'm sure if this game does ever get out of beta they won't completely wipe the servers since the purpose of most open betas is a stress test and this game is far past that stage I was just saying that it's always a possibility you should be prepared for.