The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Tips On Killing The Razorback.

Vali

Question

1. Cipher galore.

2. Liset Air support will disable lockdowns when getting to the boss.

3. Loki can switch teleport the Bursas down.

4. The Razorback and Hyenas are weak to Radiation damage.

5. Avalanche can freeze the boss, a proper build can stall it for 15s.

6. Bullet Attractor nullifies all Razorback's attacks.

Post your tips below.

Edited by Agentawesome

17 answers to this question

Sometimes you end up with a squad where you find people who don't yet know what to do. Pro tip: mark the Corpus Bursas. And your squad soon realize the mechanics and how to bring Razorback down -- specially when they see "Ally" Bursa fighting against Razorback. And squad mates start to mark Brusas by themselves when they appear. You may also want to use Ciphers as you don't want to be a sitting duck during the fight.

Oh yeah, shoot Razorback only when he is kneeling. You have a short window here to inflict damage.

https://youtu.be/8Ok5d8vFvh8

I have no idea why I get 0 damage when shooting Razorback -- even thought I inflicted most of the damage. And I'm not yet familiar of the time window when you should shoot the Razorback after the hack: wait till Brusa starts to shoot or wait till Brusa is under Razorback.

fAblKFx.png

And yay \o/ he dropped Breach Loader (+120% Puncture mod)! :)= 

For damage - instead of radiation I used plain electricity (storm bringer + high voltage). On previous run I had radiation but I didn't inflict that much of damage. And yes, I could be wrong with this. And now that I got puncture mod, I will use that also :)

H2GkqBk.jpg

Edited by carnaga

the blue orbs still hit invi if you stay near it. when Razorback (Razorsharp?) throws blue orbs, jump away as FAR as possible AND as HIGH as possible. I used ivara, get bombarded in hacking/burn by blue orbs in invi etc. not recommended for newbies solo him. pretty hard. solo got full 3 punture mods. kind of meh... farm more?

Razorback...
TF2 much?

Either way, can't wait to be able to get on and check the event out

Edit: So I just got back from doing the Tactical Alert and the Endurance type is just the dumbest possible thing. Making it so you can hit the boss in less than a second? Seriously? I don't know about you but that's no challenge, that's just annoying.

Edited by Senpai-Pie

If you are using Ivara then shooting him every few seconds while invisible seems to be good. It distracts him from the Bursa, and instead of the bursa just standing there attacking, it does the thing where it downs him much much faster for me. It takes maybe 10 seconds tops then, instead of a minute or more of waiting around. I also seem to get less "duds", bursas who die without ever bringing his shields down. 

Edited by DeerioJim

If you die all 4 times just leave you don't get any mods I waited an hour for a pug to kill him annnnnd I got nothing.

2 minute afk timer, if they extracted within 2 minutes you would've gotten the reward.

Edit:

On topic, I used Rhino or Trinity to avoid being knocked down and general tankiness. Nova to slow down the boss so he didn't shoot as often was also very helpful.

Edited by Zachatoo