The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox's Wierd Energy Drain?! Help!

Odai

Question

Can someone explain me how the Energy consumption is calculated?

If I use Intensify and Fleeting Expertise:

+ 30% power

+ 60% efficency

- 60% duration

= no change in energy consumption per second (3.5)

If I use Transient Fortitude:

+ 5% power

- 2.5% duration

= consumption rises 3.5 -> 3.59

It makes no sence at all to me that Intensify and Fleerting Expertise alone or together doent change the cost, but Transient Fortitude does. O.o

Is that a bug or can someone explain it to me?

Edited by Odai

13 answers to this question

Toggle abilities like Mend and Maim's energy consumption rate is affected by duration as much as efficiency. For maximum efficiency you want Streamline + some duration mods. In this case, Fleeting Expertise hurts more than it helps. This is how it works on all toggle abilities.

ah okay so + duration reduces the drain, thats really wierd and unintuitiv somehow

It may seem like it, but most of these frames (Excalibur, Valkyr, Ember, Wukong, etc) Benefit from high duration anyway, so it just means you can focus your build and dont have to spread it out as much

Edited by LevitatingNarwhal

drain = unmodded * efficiency / duration

its more like this table from the warframe.wikia:

[image] http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/4/4d/BNos4zK.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20151022163549&format=webp

if you have 12,5% duration, works like that you have exponentially increased energy consumption (the table keep the maximum of 175% normal energy consumption)

and if you have 200% duration, your energy consumption will be reduced by 50% (remember the handcap is 25%)

works like that you have logarithmic equation, that give some benefits while you keep your duration up, but punish too much while reduced

looks like they changed the table a bit, since previously shown some values beyond 175% energy consumption... but still works for this

Edited by Zeyez