Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slide Nerf - - Thank You!

SoggyCow

Been waiting for this nerf for a very long time. Am already noticing a dramatic improvement in playing quality. Nobody is sliding everywhere instead of running normally, we are all in the same group fightning now. This is wonderful! Personally I think it could use another 0.4 sec nerf but omg this is so much better!

This is Slide-Online no more!

THANK YOU D.E.!!!

Did you ever try to think about the possibility that DE didn't want you to infinitely chain slides for ridiculous speed boosts?

A Slide is supposed to be an evasive maneuver, or in the new grineer galleon levels, a parkour maneuver.

It isn't something you're supposed to be doing 95% of the time you're in a mission.

I don't mind it...... Jus means I get to steal more kills from those slower players

Hello,

I play a Rhino and I'm happy for the slide nerf.

Sure, I'll get left behind slightly more often (slightly), but yet even I could see it as a bug/unintended feature that people abused (yes, ABUSED) constantly.

If Slow Frames like Rhino become TOO much of a problem, then they could simply make speed Baseline for all Frames if that's the only reason why the Slide thing doesn't work.

And try to remember people, that there was a time (not all that long ago, actually) in Warframe when there was NO power slide at all. We got by JUST FINE.

Now everybody gets used to an oversight in a Beta and now they're all mad at the developers.

Give me a break, get your bottle, and grow up.

I'm just seeing a lot of "OH NOES! I can't rush!" You can still do the slide jump thing, you just gotta put some... actual... sprinting in between! (literally about a second or two of sprinting, it's not game breaking. It's not game ruining. If this ruins the game for you, you should go play something else...)

Hopefully they fix the knife skating next patch.

Edited by SoggyCow

Been waiting for this nerf for a very long time. Am already noticing a dramatic improvement in playing quality. Nobody is sliding everywhere instead of running normally, we are all in the same group fightning now. This is wonderful! Personally I think it could use another 0.4 sec nerf but omg this is so much better!

This is Slide-Online no more!

THANK YOU D.E.!!!

Asa rhino, i needed the slide to be able to keep up with loki's and banshees. now because of this i will be left far far behind.

Obviously they have never played as a slow frame.

and they probably wont. and if they introduce the 'kick from group' option, no doubt they will kick me if im taking too long to get to the end. no one is patient enough to wat 2 minutes for one person to catch up. if they have to wait the full 60 seconds once they get to the end, i wouldnt be surprised if they kicked me within 15 seconds - because noobs and retards are impatient. thats how it will all go down.

slide??

as been..

Real man use  the "Glorious Bounce on the glory wall" .... yeah ikr it' sound gross let's say wall jump

next.. how to hide a full squad like a Boass

ninjasviathefunniestinfsc8.jpg

(stop searching guys) we said they are ninja)

Edited by Tsoe

im not whining, im stating facts.

Ehh, facts are things with evidence to support it. I'd say you're taking a guess really. Mostly I find people are willing to wait at elevators/etc for the rest of the team, so long as you are moving at a decent speed. However if you take like a minute to get to each elevator, then the people generally move on without you.

edit: as AugmentedJustice says below, wallruns. If you latch onto a wall for less than a second roughly, then let you go it flings you pretty far.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Ehh, facts are things with evidence to support it. I'd say you're taking a guess really. Mostly I find people are willing to wait at elevators/etc for the rest of the team, so long as you are moving at a decent speed. However if you take like a minute to get to each elevator, then the people generally move on without you.

edit: as AugmentedJustice says below, wallruns. If you latch onto a wall for less than a second roughly, then let you go it flings you pretty far.

the fact i was referring to - if you had bothered to read message that i quoted from - was that as a rhino is slower than the other warframes < thats a fact. and being slower, i will inevitably be left behind < educated fact.

There is only one fact: lazy one button ppls, who cant even perform fast wall jump and dont know even single shortcut on the map, whining like a kids.

Mate, if you're not gonna be constructive, F*** off. simple as that.

You could try wallrunning more. I play as Frost and manage to keep up by doing that. Most of the time....

yeah, i'll work it out.

I'd say you're taking a guess really. Mostly I find people are willing to wait at elevators/etc for the rest of the team, so long as you are moving at a decent speed. However if you take like a minute to get to each elevator, then the people generally move on without you.

also to add more, ive been in groups where a new player has been left behind - where players have gone up the elevator with a player left behind less than 3 seconds from getting into the elevator and people being left behind, killed and continued onwards to the finish. sure it might not happen every time, but it does happen.

and given the speed difference between a maxed out loki with speed mods against a rhino, "moving at decent speed", dont think theyr gonna wait around much.

sprint mod?

rhino with rush:

1.03 rush speed

(ignore the stamina, loki and ash have way higher stamina anyway no chance to catch up at all)

loki with rush:

loki with switch tp and decoy = no chance to catch up with normal sprinting anyway

slide made people be able to catch up

but the most &#036;&amp;*&amp;*#(%&amp; thing is whine whine use sprint mod and stop whining honestly guys use knife waving yourself and stop whining?

I disagree OP. I think this was the wrong step to take. I liked the slide mechanics, but I was against rushing. I just figured sliding should take more stamina or something than it currently did. I liked being able to land a jump into a slide. I liked the little roll we used to do. I liked being able to sprint after said slide. I think getting rid of those things is a bad way of handling a problem.

It's like if some of us were complaining that people weren't sharing their chairs, and we were standing around all day. This is essentially DE's way of taking away all the chairs. Well thanks, but no thanks. Plus, this doesnt fix people rushing.

The problem is someone would join an online game, and the group would get split up, some people running off ahead leaving the others behind. A good solution would be to include better matchmaking. A good solution would be making these "exploits" cost more stamina. A good solution would be giving the host of said games more tools in managing who they want to play with them.

The recent movement nerf is not a good solution, as it doesnt solve the underlaying problem. So I hope your happy that you took the chairs away from everyone and now we're all going to have sore feet.

Since when is raising genuine concerns 'whining'? perhaps you idiots would like to look up the definition of 'whining' before going all "HE'S WHINING!!" trigger happy on everything.

Simple Warframe community rule - don't bring up genuine concerns and legitimate issues that need to be addressed - coz its all whining. stop whining with you logical argument, man! come on dude! dont you think you could explain Einstein's theorum without whining?! *sarcasm used obviously*

the fact i was referring to - if you had bothered to read message that i quoted from - was that as a rhino is slower than the other warframes < thats a fact. and being slower, i will inevitably be left behind < educated fact.

No, you said

im not whining, im stating facts.

And in regards all the way back to the first post about being left behind by a loki, EVERYONE is left behind by a loki (minus volt with speed) in a straight out run.

Will you be left behind as rhino? Yes. That's something you have to accept when choosing to play slow frames, you get left behind unelss you make good use of your skills and environment (i.e. rhino charge + wall fling for long distances, and true, in corpus maps this is a bit harder to do than grineer maps)

also to add more, ive been in groups where a new player has been left behind - where players have gone up the elevator with a player left behind less than 3 seconds from getting into the elevator and people being left behind, killed and continued onwards to the finish. sure it might not happen every time, but it does happen.

and given the speed difference between a maxed out loki with speed mods against a rhino, "moving at decent speed", dont think theyr gonna wait around much.

(there is an edit function fyi...) So have I, and maybe I've just been lucky, but most people tend to wait around. And again EVERYONE but a volt using speed is left behind by loki, unless you make good use of wallruns/flings. The best thing to do in my exp is to call them out on it, and tell them "hey, no need to be a jerk, wait for the rest." more or less. More often then note (in my exp again) they apologize qand don't do it (for the time I'm playing with them at least)

edit: do I think you're whining? No, you do raise a point that there needs to be a way for the slow frames to not get left behind by rushers (i.e. matchmaking options) My thing was, was that you said you had stated facts without ever really stating any (other than rhino is sloooow, and therefore you needed the slide)

Also, maybe a rusher can fill me in here, but if you're trying to rush through a level, why not just go private/solo? It makes it easier on everyone.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I disagree OP. I think this was the wrong step to take. I liked the slide mechanics, but I was against rushing. I just figured sliding should take more stamina or something than it currently did. I liked being able to land a jump into a slide. I liked the little roll we used to do. I liked being able to sprint after said slide. I think getting rid of those things is a bad way of handling a problem.

It's like if some of us were complaining that people weren't sharing their chairs, and we were standing around all day. This is essentially DE's way of taking away all the chairs. Well thanks, but no thanks. Plus, this doesnt fix people rushing.

The problem is someone would join an online game, and the group would get split up, some people running off ahead leaving the others behind. A good solution would be to include better matchmaking. A good solution would be making these "exploits" cost more stamina. A good solution would be giving the host of said games more tools in managing who they want to play with them.

The recent movement nerf is not a good solution, as it doesnt solve the underlaying problem. So I hope your happy that you took the chairs away from everyone and now we're all going to have sore feet.

i like the idea that they could have two options or more - watever - one stating youre a rusher, the other stating youre a completionist, and in match maker, completionists get teamed up with completionists alone, and rushers get teamed up with rushers alone. dunno what kinda of programming etc would be involved with all that, but to me it seems a better way to keep everyone happy, because as it stands, this anti rusher nerf is punishing everyone.

and they probably wont. and if they introduce the 'kick from group' option, no doubt they will kick me if im taking too long to get to the end. no one is patient enough to wat 2 minutes for one person to catch up. if they have to wait the full 60 seconds once they get to the end, i wouldnt be surprised if they kicked me within 15 seconds - because noobs and retards are impatient. thats how it will all go down.

With Rush mod i can keep up or lead the group.

No, you said

And in regards all the way back to the first post about being left behind by a loki, EVERYONE is left behind by a loki (minus volt with speed) in a straight out run.

Will you be left behind as rhino? Yes. That's something you have to accept when choosing to play slow frames, you get left behind unelss you make good use of your skills and environment (i.e. rhino charge + wall fling for long distances, and true, in corpus maps this is a bit harder to do than grineer maps)

(there is an edit function fyi...) So have I, and maybe I've just been lucky, but most people tend to wait around. And again EVERYONE but a volt using speed is left behind by loki, unless you make good use of wallruns/flings. The best thing to do in my exp is to call them out on it, and tell them "hey, no need to be a jerk, wait for the rest." more or less. More often then note (in my exp again) they apologize qand don't do it (for the time I'm playing with them at least)

edit: do I think you're whining? No, you do raise a point that there needs to be a way for the slow frames to not get left behind by rushers (i.e. matchmaking options) My thing was, was that you said you had stated facts without ever really stating any (other than rhino is sloooow, and therefore you needed the slide)

Also, maybe a rusher can fill me in here, but if you're trying to rush through a level, why not just go private/solo? It makes it easier on everyone.

i'm sorry hero, for not feeling the need to explain every minute detail to you.

and as for wall running etc, i didnt need to use wallrunning/flings because of the slide. SORRY GUYS IM WHINING AGAIN

As another Rhino player, I used the slides to regen my stamina. I'd be able to regen enough to keep running while still maintaining a reasonable speed (with 20% Rush).

As great as it would be to remove my vitality and redirection mods to boost max stamina and stamina regen, not having them makes melee rather useless as I'll go down pretty quick on higher level areas. Since I like beating things with my Amphis, I'm not particularly keen on this idea.

Wallrunning seems to take a larger chunk out of stamina when you jump to start it (used to be 1/5 or so, now it seems to take 1/3). Using the wallrunning mod is a solution, but since I'm not fond of cutting my survivability I'd have to cut into my damage output or energy. Again, not a good idea. Also, I haven't found the wallrunning mod. It took until a couple days ago to even find the "common" reach melee mod.

Edited by Rand0mNumbers

If your team is fighting enemies no warframe, slow or fast, with a Sprint mod will be left behind. Frost is my second most played warframe and I never needed to exploit movement bugs.

This will not be returning to the game, and I applaud DE for fixing this. It looked stupid, and was totally unnecessary for teamplay.