Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #69 Overview

AM-Bunny

1 minute ago, Kunavi said:

[Irrelevant stuff] Speaking of which... I still fail to see, beyond art work included, why this isn't a thing. Sure, honour the original Frame's wearer's gender by keeping it the same but it should be an option. Maybe my Operator don't care for the original wearer and wants to feel more at home piloting an opposite gender Frame. How is that unthinkable, or how does it violate any lore? I can already see replies along the nature of "You think you're a special flake" but I don't. Options are good, variety is good, identification is good, immersion is good, and such options affect noone else except the player who picks them... Oh, and entitled triggered hard core [...]phobics of many sorts. DE could make it a paid option even, I'd pay. Make it a skin option, I'd still pay. [End of irrelevant stuff]

For the developers to create a good-looking genderswap Warframe, they'd have to essentially make a brand new model from scratch for it. Considering the number of Warframes in the game, that's a colossal amount of work, for effectively very little payoff. They've said before that if they're going to make a brand new model, they'd rather make an entirely new Warframe. Even if they were selling it as a deluxe skin, I think they would probably have more fun exploring an entirely new design concept instead. I'm sure many players would resent the devs trying to monetise a gender swap, which they would see as something that should be free.

While I personally don't mind not having the ability to change Warframe gender specifically, I have always wished that we had deeper customisation and  control over each Warframe. I think the devs sort of shot themselves in the foot by having such a huge roster - and recently they seem attracted to the idea of pumping out Warframes quite quickly. This makes any real depth of customisation a fleeting dream.

Awesome. Thanks!

I can't wait to test my Spy skills on those new Moon Tilesets.

I wish Volt was first for reworks, but I guess I can wait till U18.6+ for it. Excited for Mag rework.

Yay, Kavats are beautiful. Huzzah! 

Lighting and Chat reworks. Not amazingly excited, but awesome nonetheless.

Yay, new holsters.

CineQuest!!! Woot!

Awesome work bunny appreciate it!!

As a person who loves using mag I can't wait to get more information on what her rework will consist off, but for now these little tidbits are enough lol. I have always wanted a option to take my sword off my back and side holster it. More quests like the second dream would be awesome that was so well done. I'm guessing their was no word or time table of replay able quests just yet though huh?

8 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

For the developers to create a good-looking genderswap Warframe, they'd have to essentially make a brand new model from scratch for it. Considering the number of Warframes in the game, that's a colossal amount of work, for effectively very little payoff. They've said before that if they're going to make a brand new model, they'd rather make an entirely new Warframe. Even if they were selling it as a deluxe skin, I think they would probably have more fun exploring an entirely new design concept instead. I'm sure many players would resent the devs trying to monetise a gender swap, which they would see as something that should be free.

While I personally don't mind not having the ability to change Warframe gender specifically, I have always wished that we had deeper customisation and  control over each Warframe. I think the devs sort of shot themselves in the foot by having such a huge roster - and recently they seem attracted to the idea of pumping out Warframes quite quickly. This makes any real depth of customisation a fleeting dream.

I do wonder what would be created in TennoGen if Gender Skins was allowed.

let the community do the work and let the team do what they want. I would absolutely hate uninspired models just for the sake of having them. that's how we got Nyx.