Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sick of Nitain?

Naruchico

3 hours ago, (PS4)SupeBoss said:

Give it time. Next, we'll have a cross between argon and nitain.

one special mission that you can do once per day. Rewards one new resource that decays every 72 hours.

Then I'll cross my DNA with Argon Crystals to make myself decay away from this game.

On topic: Nitain in its current form is an absolutely horrid idea.

"Nitain is easy to get, I have *insert ludicrous amount here*!" - If you have time to play all day, surely you won't have a problem with Nitain. Many of us can't play when the game plays the flute which basically means we're screwed.

"Just pay for the item if you don't want to farm!" - Not everyone is Scrooge McDuck and can shell out money for virtual items. Not to mention we can't even buy the resource itself so we have to buy the whole item which is an even bigger waste of money since you'll likely have all the other resources it requires in overflow.

"It's the same as Argon Crystals, why does no one moan about those?" - Many people complained about Argon Crystals and to date quite a few still do. The crucial difference here is that, while Argon is RNG dependant in its drops, I can at least make an effort to get it whenever I please. With Nitain I'm bound to be somewhere near my computer/console to even have a chance of getting it.

"It'll just stack up with time. Play a bit and you'll have enough stockpiled to craft everything!" - If you're busy with real life you won't be able to stack it up. Not to mention every single item in existence now seems to require unholy amounts of this garbage so when you do get some of it it'll be instantly evaporated from your inventory.

I used to play all day, but more time consuming tasks have come up over time so I'm not playing that much anymore. And, *gasp*, I'm also playing other games from time to time! I don't want this trend of items requiring your full attention on the game all the time to continue. I understand DE needs to make money and yadda yadda, but this game is becoming more casual unfriendly than I'd like it to be.

Unless DE does something about the other resources that we have hundreds of thousands of (and even millions), then all that's going to happen is once Nitain has run its course they're going to add a new rare resource with a different type of limiting mechanic. Just look at the last 3 resources they've introduced:

1. Nitain Extract - most recent, only available from time-limited alerts a few times a day
  2. Tellurium - was only available from Archwing missions (still requires access to an Archwing for Submersible missions)
  3. Argon - can collect as much as you want, but after a few days won't matter because it will have decayed

Then there's also Forma which is a reward drop from the Void, and is not only used as a construction resource, but also to add/change polarities on items. It takes 24 hours to craft one (also using other rare resources).

DE is obviously trying to find a resource mechanic that can keep players from over-farming/stocking on resources, but anything that could prevent that from happening with the resources we have would be regarded as a terrible idea by many players, so we just keep stockpiling on resources that will eventually be irrelevant anyway because of the next one introduced.

Nitain doesn't really bother me much as a resource, it's not much of a pain to grab.

The only thing that DOES bug me about it is that my clan is filled with people who are unwilling to donate to clan research, and so I'm always left scrambling left and right to grab every single alert so my clan can stay up to date on research. But, that's not really a problem with the game, it's the people I have chosen to surround myself with.

I get that you can just go do the alert when it pops, if you're able to.   But,  I'm just not on 24/7.  Like I said,  while I was on last night,  no alerts.   So, in  reality,  to build Saryn,  it's probably going to take at least a week to get the necessary nitain, maybe even two weeks.   Then,  it's 12 hours to build my parts,  then 3 days to build the frame.   After spending two weeks,  understand,  just the hours I was able to play each day,  just to get her pieces,  to now have to farm this resource based on alerts,  is annoying.   It's not a difficulty thing,  as much as it is annoying.   It makes me not want to do it. 

It's great if you don't care about it.   It's great if farming nitain is no problem for you.   I have every right to my opinion.   I'm not on here to change your mind.  

Edited by (PS4)resnor

Limiting a resource to alerts only is a bad design decision. I think most alerts are badly implemented because of their short timers. If you are limited to playing this game to a certain time period each day, you could have really bad luck with alert rewards. Currently, alerts are great for those that play majority of the day and leaves other players SOL.

On 2/22/2016 at 5:29 PM, SilentMobius said:

I'll say again what I said elsewhere:

Nitain is not a "Grind" issue, it is a game/life balance issue, also a fairness issue.

1.  A person who can play for a few hours a day can consistently fail to get Nitain.
  2.  A person who can put their life on hold and allocate 4 x 15 mins a day to warframe when Warframe tells them they can can get up to 4 Nitain per day.

If there was 1 * 24 hr Nitain alert per day that would be better. Even better would be a rolling cap of ~7 Nitain per week with a random mission type.

I mean is it really reasonable for:

• A person who can play Warframe at any time when Warframe says so can get 28 Nitain a week for 28 * ~15 mins playtime
  • A person who can only play once a day at roughly the same time can only get ~14 Nitain a week for the same amount of playtime
  • A person who can only play once a week at roughly the same time can only get ~3 Nitain a week for the same amount of playtime

That to me looks like a bad mechanic when players investing the same time can get 1/9th of the rewards because they aren't putting their life on hold to play the gain right nao!

I agree with this totally.  I have always thought that members of a clan should be able to put resources in a dojo bank so that other clan members can use them if need be.  Some players who work and have full families can't possibly make time to do all these alerts for Nitain.  But then again life isn't fair and the Dev needs to continue to make money to keep us a nice game going here to play.  Just my thoughts on it.

I have around 30 Nitain because I generally run any easy Nitain missions that pop up because I'm not a derp and like to plan ahead.

Or, you could just wait until you realise you suddenly need 5 of them and then complain about the fact you've allowed literally hundreds of alerts to pass you by in the last month.

26 minutes ago, Attley said:

Or, you could just wait until you realise you suddenly need 5 of them and then complain about the fact you've allowed literally hundreds of alerts to pass you by in the last month.

Or, we could just revert the nitain addition and be all happy just how it nicely worked the past 3 years.

Again, forcing people to play and punishing them for not playing at given times is bad, really bad.

5 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Or, we could just revert the nitain addition and be all happy just how it nicely worked the past 3 years.

Again, forcing people to play and punishing them for not playing at given times is bad, really bad.

Having to play the game in order to progress is bad? I mean, I do think that Nitain alerts should occur more often, or last longer (although I think almost all alerts should last longer), but having to play the game in order to progress in the game is kind of the point.

3 minutes ago, Attley said:

Having to play the game in order to progress is bad? I mean, I do think that Nitain alerts should occur more often, or last longer (although I think almost all alerts should last longer), but having to play the game in order to progress in the game is kind of the point.

Look, you want some argon because you recently got out of your break from warframe? Fine, go do void survival 20 minutes and you're done.

You want some nitain because you recently got out of your break from warframe? Well, deal with it. You are screwed. Better wait few days or even weeks and focus on daily alerts that happen randomly even if they happen when you're not on or when you feel like doing something else, deal with it.

See the problem here?

Edited by IceColdHawk

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

Look, you want some argon because you recently got out of your break from warframe? Fine, go do void survival 20 minutes and you're done.

You want some nitain because you recently got out of your break from warframe? Well, deal with it. You are screwed. Better wait few days and focus on daily alerts that happen randomly even if they happen when you're not on or when you feel like doing something else, deal with it.

See the problem here?

No, because it's exactly the same if I get back from my break and decide I want a Pangolin Sword, or a Jaw Sword, or an Orokin Catalyst or Reactor, or an alternate helmet. Nitain isn't anywhere near as essential to progressing as an Orokin Catalyst or Reactor is, and while you can buy Catalysts and Reactors with Platinum and can't buy Nitain, I don't think if DE allowed Nitain purchasing you'd actually see any less of these threads. Nitain alerts happen 4 times a day minimum, and so it's nowhere near as bad trying to get Catalysts or Reactors, and having a job doesn't mean you're never going to get any Nitain; I work 40 hours a week + planning and prep and I tend to see a Nitain alert once a day or so. So in five days I can buy anything that needs Nitain. Again, I do think that alerts should last longer than they do, but I don't see how Nitain is any worse than Catalysts or Reactors, both of which are a far more important resource.

1 minute ago, Attley said:

No, because it's exactly the same if I get back from my break and decide I want a Pangolin Sword, or a Jaw Sword, or an Orokin Catalyst or Reactor, or an alternate helmet. Nitain isn't anywhere near as essential to progressing as an Orokin Catalyst or Reactor is, and while you can buy Catalysts and Reactors with Platinum and can't buy Nitain, I don't think if DE allowed Nitain purchasing you'd actually see any less of these threads. Nitain alerts happen 4 times a day minimum, and so it's nowhere near as bad trying to get Catalysts or Reactors, and having a job doesn't mean you're never going to get any Nitain; I work 40 hours a week + planning and prep and I tend to see a Nitain alert once a day or so. So in five days I can buy anything that needs Nitain. Again, I do think that alerts should last longer than they do, but I don't see how Nitain is any worse than Catalysts or Reactors, both of which are a far more important resource.

Don't compare nitain with potatoes, just don't. You will need 1 potato to max a weapon that you would like to use in serious content. But you will need way more nitain to be able to craft something than potatoes. I'm still waiting for that one weapon that needs 15 nitain....oh forgot, a new frame is coming....embrace yourselves people. I mean, it's cool and all that you are playing daily and seem to get and stack enough nitains, wanna know something? I also got a couple of nitains laying around, not all too many though but enough. I can still understand people that get triggered by it simply because, and let me repeat myself:

23 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Also, pangolin and that stuff isn't necessary for anything. In fact, they are MR fodder. And while you can always farm resources at any given time, you can't with nitain and thus you are forced to play.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

Don't compare nitain with potatoes, just don't. You will need 1 potato to max a weapon that you would like to use in serious content. But you will need way more nitain to be able to craft something than potatoes. I'm still waiting for that one weapon that needs 15 nitain....oh forgot, a new frame is coming....embrace yourselves people. I mean, it's cool and all that you are playing daily and seem to get and stack enough nitains, wanna know something? I also got a couple of nitains laying around, not all too many though but enough. I can still understand people that get triggered by it simply because, and let me repeat myself:

Also, pangolin and that stuff isn't necessary for anything. In fact, they are MR fodder. And while you can always farm resources at any given time, you can't with nitain and thus you are forced to play.

Except you don't just need one potato, unless all you're going to ever do is play one frame and use unpotatoed weapons forever. You need 4 potatoes for any decent build, and that's only if you're only ever going to use that equipment. Want to use a new weapon for high-tier content? You'll need another potato. Want to use a frame that's better suited the current sortie debuff? Better have a Reactor on it. You need far more potatoes in this game than you do Nitain, and potatoes are far rarer than Nitain, in fact before the Catalyst alert earlier today I don't think we've had one on PC for a month or so.

Again, what's the issue with being forced to play in order to actually get the content? What do you want, the game to just give you everything? Because lets face it, Argon and Nitain are the only resources anybody who has has spent any reasonable time in the game has to worry about (and maybe Mutagen Mass, Detonite Injectors and Fieldrons, but you only need those for clan research), because all of us have 100,000+ of all of the common stuff and tens of thousands of the more uncommon items. Orokin Cells, Neurodes and Neurals are fairly rare, but they're easy to farm. 

And when DE introduce a weapon that uses 15 Nitain then sure, I'll join you on the picket line, but currently there isn't an item in the game that takes more than 5 (unless you count a Warframe's total cost, in which case Ivara costs 9), and nothing that requires Nitain is required to do end-game content.

You don't realize...the humanity of it!

People forced to play to get stuff. Horrors!

You might actually not get it in fifteen minutes?!? Get a rope!

The pathos and injustice of the whole situation boggles the mind...not.

Yeah, you might actually have to make an effort to obtain materials to get new stuff. Who knew? A lot of the time sinks in this game can be minimized with a bit of forethought. It might hurt some, but it'll get better and spare the rest of us the senseless whining.

1 minute ago, Attley said:

Again, what's the issue with being forced to play in order to actually get the content? What do you want, the game to just give you everything?

No, i just want to play when i feel like playing and not getting forced. And no i don't wanna get things handed on a silver plate, i wanna farm for it, once again, when I want, not when the alerts want.

2 minutes ago, Attley said:

And when DE introduce a weapon that uses 15 Nitain then sure, I'll join you on the picket line, but currently there isn't an item in the game that takes more than 5 (unless you count a Warframe's total cost, in which case Ivara costs 9), and nothing that requires Nitain is required to do end-game content.

One word: Wukong. You're waiting for that awesome frame to come out, update comes and you're all hyped for it and you see, you can't get it until next weeks. 

And look, i'm not complaining because i see alerts and ignore them, in fact, i do them. I'm not complaining about nitain being so uber-hard to get, they ain't all that hard. BUT, the fact they feel like releasing the worst resource EVER, right before "Year of Quality" year ended, just made that name a joke.

2 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

You don't realize...the humanity of it!

People forced to play to get stuff. Horrors!

You might actually not get it in fifteen minutes?!? Get a rope!

The pathos and injustice of the whole situation boggles the mind...not.

Yeah, you might actually have to make an effort to obtain materials to get new stuff. Who knew? A lot of the time sinks in this game can be minimized with a bit of forethought. It might hurt some, but it'll get better and spare the rest of us the senseless whining.

Save your senseless and unnecessary sarcasm for yourself.

Oh, no, it's all you, scooter.

This sort of thing has gotten old a long time ago and it's nothing but whining. If you actually do the alerts when they appear--you know, like, spend the time in the game and not pissing and moaning on the forums--you'd have what you'd of this stuff inside a week.

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

If you've played the game before you KNOW how things work here when it comes to resources. You're going to see the 7Ps a lot if you fail to plan ahead.

11 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

If you've played the game before you KNOW how things work here when it comes to resources. You're going to see the 7Ps a lot if you fail to plan ahead.

Are you kidding me? Haha, yeah? How did resources work BEFORE? Sure, i always got my nano spores from alerts exclusively right?.....

*sarcasm off*

I also have mentioned it before, i am planning ahead, i'm not refusing. And i say why nitain was just a bad and unnecessary addition. Also i might like to ask you? Where am i whining? I'm just giving feedback, even if it's negative, it's still feedback. The only one i can see whining here is you.

Edited by IceColdHawk

300 threads later and I haven't really seen anyone say that they LIKE nitain or how it is obtained.
I've seen no cases where people support the idea.  I've only seen people that "deal with it" or say "it is what it is" or "stop complaining, just do the alerts like me"
I have seen NO positive feedback for nitain.

On the contrary, several people have spoken out against nitain and have made very solid, convincing points against the new resource, and I cannot believe that DE hasn't commented on it - given how responsive they are with hot topics within the community.

It's like they know it's bad, but then try to sweep it under the rug.

The "it is what it is" mentality can lead to a slippery slope with these things. Tolerance and acceptance isn't a mature response when the other party is profiting off of it.

Personally I would much rather have Nitain remain on alerts than have to farm them - I'm growing sicker and sicker of farming Orokin Cells, Neurodes, Neural links and Oxium. Sure, farming all of those things is easy, but it's also tedious. Nitain is easy too, but when I go on a Nitain alert I know for a fact that I'm getting one at the end, whereas I've lost count of the times I've run 20 minute Survivals on Saturn with Nekros and never got a single Orokin Cell. Sure the RNG is in whether or not I'm online when a Nitain alert pops up, but with 4 a day minimum if you can get an hour of game time it's not that uncommon to bump into one.

I've gotten a massive one alert for nitain since I started posting in this thread last week.   One.   

I'm usually on for a couple hours every night.   It's not like I don't play.  I've got hundreds of hours in the game,  I'm MR 13, almost 14.  I play quite a bit.  Problem is,  nitain isn't on alert when I'm on. 

So relax with the whining/silver platter comments.   Nitain has added a serious, not to mention unnecessary,  barrier to me building certain items. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)SupeBoss said:

300 threads later and I haven't really seen anyone say that they LIKE nitain or how it is obtained.
I've seen no cases where people support the idea.  I've only seen people that "deal with it" or say "it is what it is" or "stop complaining, just do the alerts like me"
I have seen NO positive feedback for nitain.

On the contrary, several people have spoken out against nitain and have made very solid, convincing points against the new resource, and I cannot believe that DE hasn't commented on it - given how responsive they are with hot topics within the community.

It's like they know it's bad, but then try to sweep it under the rug.

The "it is what it is" mentality can lead to a slippery slope with these things. Tolerance and acceptance isn't a mature response when the other party is profiting off of it.

I like Nitain, I would rather the alerts lasted longer, but I like having a resource that I don't have to grind endless hours in Survival as Nekros to acquire a good amount of. I like that there is no RNG to a Nitain alert (beyond when the alert pops up, although even then they're quite regular - generally with about a 6 hour gap between each one). I like that Nitain isn't needed very much, and so whenever I do need Nitain and a Nitain mission pops up I get a sense of urgency and purpose to the mission, and I like that it's a resource that doesn't punish me for neither having the time nor the desire to sit in the game for hours on end: I can just hop in when there's an alert and do a mission to get a guaranteed resource. As I've said, my only issue with it is that the alerts only last an hour or so which punishes people who are unable to get onto the game when the Nitain alert is up, although I have to say, if you're always tooo busy to play the Nitain alert then you certainly must be too busy to sit in survival missions or run boss missions constantly to get other rare resources, or to build up enough Argon in any period of time before your stockpile halves.

I have no problem running survivals or other endless missions.   I have no problem getting argon.   Know why?   Because I can do those whenever I login.   I don't have to be at the mercy of an alert popping up. 

Like I said,  I've played pretty consistently for a couple hours a night just about every night since last week,  and I've only had one nitain alert.   Maybe I'm just unlucky,  I don't know. 

I googled nitain and went to the wiki, useless, no info on what its used for. Ive done the alert a few times but its so boring I stopped. I dont even know what its used for. Im not a vet but Im always worried maybe the next day I want to build something and I will see that I needed these nitain things.

2 minutes ago, kilerskull said:

I googled nitain and went to the wiki, useless, no info on what its used for. Ive done the alert a few times but its so boring I stopped. I dont even know what its used for. Im not a vet but Im always worried maybe the next day I want to build something and I will see that I needed these nitain things.

On the Wiki page about Nitain it clearly lists everything that uses it, so I'd suggest checking if anything you're going to want will need it. Generally the best idea is just to run any easy Nitain alerts you see and then you're unlikely to get caught without any when you unlock/become interested in something that requires it.