The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blood Rush and Body Count Weapons

Doc_Meaningless

Question

16 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Somedude1000 said:

In addition to the above mentions and weapon tips, keep in mind the best use from this combo once your melee counter is in the few hundreds.

Not always true.

A weapon like scindo prime only has 20% crit chance, add true steel and you reach 32%.

Just having the lowest combo counter (5 hit for a 1.5 multiplicator) already grant you 111% crit chance.

The "hundred+ combo" is only true for low crit chance weapon, or to reach full red crit. (unless you're playing with tekko...)

(though the rest you say is right, even if arcanes are super expensive)

In addition to the above mentions and weapon tips, keep in mind that you usually get the best use from this combo once your melee counter is in the few hundreds. Weapons with long reaches (Like serro, orthos prime, galatine , atterax etc) can help you hit more targets, and targets further away, to build up the combo counter. You could also perform frequent slide attacks to really get the numbers going.

Also, if you have arcane strike and / or berserker, put them on as well, the additional speed lets you get more hits on the enemies in the same amount of time, meaning more chances to achieve a critical hit, although you may have to sacrifice a damage mod for this.

If you have the naramon focus, the "deadly intent" passive is something you could work forward to to further boost your critical chance with most if not all melee weapons upon activating the ability.

Edited by Somedude1000
Edited wording for coherence.

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

Not always true.

A weapon like scindo prime only has 20% crit chance, add true steel and you reach 32%.

Just having the lowest combo counter (5 hit for a 1.5 multiplicator) already grant you 111% crit chance.

The "hundred+ combo" is only true for low crit chance weapon, or to reach full red crit. (unless you're playing with tekko...)

I hadn't considered this when making that post, I'd forgotten that you could easily get much more mileage from having them on an actual critical focus weapon >_>

In this case, my statement only holds true for regular melee weapons that do not feature critical chance among their main points.

22 minutes ago, Somedude1000 said:

I hadn't considered this when making that post, I'd forgotten that you could easily get much more mileage from having them on an actual critical focus weapon >_>

In this case, my statement only holds true for regular melee weapons that do not feature critical chance among their main points.

This should do the trick :D

Spoiler

540?cb=20160201022411

I'd recommend Body Count for any weapon, delaying the Combo Counter is always beneficial due to the insane multiplier you can achieve thanks to it.

Regarding Blood Rush, I only put it on weapons with crit chance >= 15%, maybe 10% but I think it's the "ultimate" limit. Otherwise, I don't find it really interesting, the increase is too weak and you need to achieve an insane multiplier to get a decent crit chance.

Alot of people say 15% or more. I say even 10% is enough, you just won't get full crits out of it unless you devote more time to stacking the combos, but it's still an awesome power boost.

that said, on 15% the weapons get a much higher boost, and anything with 20 or more is full red crit territory with easy access.

I have tested blood rush, organ shatter, body count on orthos prime some and a little on nikana prime.  Sadly had to give up primed reach on the orthos for the build.

I noticed with orthos prime with blood rush, body count, and organ shatter, berserk, x2 elemental 90, etc. (No true steel) that I do amazingly well in  survials +40 min and sorties.   Once the counter gets up a little... 2.5x for example.  Few quick melee attacks and they are dead.  I don'the even go into melee equipped mode.  I do use melee focus for invisible and crit.

Now the downside.  Melee on level 40ish and below was so terrible and inconsistent that I switched back to 4x elemental 90 and dropped blood rush, organ shatter, body count so I could one/two hit kill most stuff.

So, I have found that body count on orthos prime work great BUT only under circumstances of lots of chain melee with high level content.  Survival and defense, interception and shorties seem viable.

This complicates my builds... Need more weapon loadouts than A B C.

Blood rush and body count are really good, depending on your overall loadout. For a more guncentric loadout, you might run without, as you want to maximize those few strike you'll toss out when something gets close enough to warrant usage over your guns. For more melee based loadouts, body count becomes a very desirable mod on any melee weapon. body count allows you to carry melee momentum much more easily, with a 3x multiplier easily obtained early in a mission, and grown further if using a frame/loadout that allows you to stay in the thick of combat. Blood rush can be slightly difficult to determine in terms of superiority of usage over true steel. I was able to score red crits with relative consistency on the Nikana Prime without true steel added, after about 3.5x multiplier. Red crits on top of a mult that high can drop tons of DPS, and with body coun, you can maintain and grow those numbers even higher. However, You will see True steel enabling easier crits in lower multipliers. 

TL;DR = Body count for melee oriented loadouts, blood rush for duration based missions.