Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A more enjoyable Nekros

Cloud

Hello my dear community.

I'm here to offer few changes that according to me could improve and make more fun the use of nekros and his abilities.

Now before introducing the skills I would like to explain one of the most important element and probably the most delicate of my concept: the “ghost memory” which takes place in the 4th skill.

In few words the “ghost memory” is the actual “recently killed list” of shadow of the deads but with some important difference in its mechanics. There are 3 kinds of ghosts which can be “stored in this memory” : Evil spirits, Soul Reaped enemies  and killed enemies. The cap of stored enemies is 25.

The Evil spirits are a sort of “good start” for when you have not or have few “stored” enemies for the 4th skill . They are ghosts with random appearance and medium stats and will be always present in the "ghost memory" when there are "free slots". The 4th skill will start evoking stored enemies and (if there are free slot) up to 10 evil spirits which will be overwritten one by one  by other ghosts once you will exceed the number of 15 ghosts. Evil Spirits can be overwritten by both Soul Reaped enemies and Killed enemies.

Soul Reaped enemies,  you can use Soul Reap (1st skill) to store a copy of an enemy in your “ghost memory” without having to kill him (this is particularly good for strong units like bombard, napalm , etc…) BUT the best thing is that the enemies stored in this way will NOT been overwritten by other enemies stored via kill. So if I soul reap a bombard , I have not to fear that my other kills will soon or later overwrite him. I can choose selected enemies for my army ! You can have a max of 10 soul reaped enemies in your "ghost memory" , exceeding this number will result in the last one overwriting the most ancient SR enemy.

Enemies acquired by kill : enemies stored by Nekros kills, allies kills with “License of necromancy” and ghosts kills. This kind of ghosts can overwrite evil spirits and other killed enemies but cannot overwrite soul reaped enemies.  

ABILITIES:

1)Soul Reaper/Capture

• -          Enemies hit by soul reaper will be stored in the ghost memory (so you will not need to kill them).

• -          Enemies stored in this way will not be overwritten by enemies stored via kill

• -          Enemies hit by soul reaper will be more vulnerable to the blows received by their ghost counterparts.

Augment : License of necromancy

Nekros can cast the skill upon his allies. For a certain duration, enemies killed by an ally which is affected by this augment, will be stored in the ghost memory as if they were killed by nekros.

2)Oblivion

• Nekros releases a psychic blast that causes up to 7 / 12 / 15 / 20 enemies within 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters to enter a state of panic .
  • While panicked, enemies will not attack and will haphazardly flee, exposing themselves and reducing their armor  and movement speed.
  • while affected by Oblivion, enemies hit by soul reaper will store 2 ghost instead of 1 in the ghost memory

Augment: Sentence of Death

Nekros can cast the skill upon a single target. The enemy will glow and all the ghosts created by the 4th skill will attack him as prior target.

3)Will-o'-the-wisp

Nekros evokes up to 4 wisps which consumes corpes to give another drop.

• A wisp will automatically desecrate the corpes in his range.
  • This skill can be used in 2 ways:
  • a)      [KEEP PRESS 3] Nekros evokes a wisp on himself which will became the center of its radius
  • b)      [FAST PRESS 3] Nekros will “launch” the wisp as a projectile , it will travel till the “launch radius” ends or an obstacle is found in its path. Where it stops itself will become the center of its radius.
  • Nekros will be able to use up to 4 wisps , and for each wisp you can choose to apply a) or b) … (for example  you can have a wisp with you and the other three in different areas to cover more places at the same time)
  • Keep in mind the principle of CONVERGENCE : If a wisp is placed in the radius of a previous one, the second wisp will converge in the first one increasing its range, desecrate speed and duration. The same principle takes place if you want to bring all the wisps upon yourself, in this case the autodesecrate mobile area on you will be much larger.
  • The strength of Ghosts nearby the wisps will be boosted and they will get a low heal for every corpse desecrated in the range.

Augment : Corpse Eaters

Nekros can cast the skill on his allies, in this case the wisp will attack to the ally and will follow him as if he were nekros. Convergence still apply , so you could also cast all the wisps on 1 ally or you can cast 1 wisp for player so everyone is covered.

4)Necromancer

It is practically Shadow of the Deads, with some difference:

-It becomes channeling

-It evokes all the mobs in the “ghost memory” for a max number of 25.

-The “ghost memory” will start with 10 evil spirits (ghosts with random appearance and medium stats) . Returns to "Evil Spirits" at the start to get more infos.

-One of the greatest difference is that in addition to the standard ability to evoke all the ghost at once , you can also activate the skill with few stored enemies without problems because while Nekros keep active the skill and have not reached the max number of ghosts , the enemies killed or soul reaped will create their ghost counterpart in real time!

Example : I activate Necromancer, it summons 10 evil spirits and 5 enemies which I previously stored in the “ghost memory” , since I have still 10 free slot, the enemies which I soul reap or kill will give life to their ghost counterparts in real time … so I kill a bombard , after few seconds a ghost bombard spawns in my army till I will achieve the max of 25 ghosts.

-Once hit the cap of 25 the “real time capture” will end and the enemies defeated will return to be stored in the ghost memory.

-The skill ends when the energy is empty or when the player DETONATES the ghosts by pressing 4, in this case all the ghosts will explode making a radial damage proportioned to their health.

Hope you liked it, and you have my respect just for reading all this.

Like the idea I would add thought a more explained methods of how this things are intended to work when modded.

Because for 1st place str power increases right now the number of shadows

2nd your terrify replacement it sounds pretty nice but it would add the idea that heavy enemy are frozen in place such as (corpus tech/Gunner/ancient) while light enemy run away good addition that helps with synergy

3rd thing which is not much of bother would be cool to have pulled table that pops up when we access or items/such as the emote table we have and the gear wheel but it also gives you a list of the name enemy you have captured.

4th you never mention a passive but that is okay

1 hour ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Very interesting ideas. But how does the selective overwriting work? Let's say I store a Bombard, and I want to keep his memory. I want to store a Heavy Gunner too. But I have no more spaces. So is there a menu of some sort where you can choose the enemy to replace?

I would like so much a menu in which you can see enemies stored and all the rest, but I higly doubt that it will ever happen, so I choose the more realistic overwrite when you exceed the max number as I wrote in the post: " You can have a max of 10 soul reaped enemies in your "ghost memory" , exceeding this number will result in the last one overwriting the most ancient SR enemy.

In your case let's make the example you have 3 butcher , 3 napalm, 3 helios and 1 bombard, all acquired with soul reaper. If you want the Heavy Gunner in the "selected enemies" you must cast soul reaper on him , he will take the place of the oldest SR enemy in list, in this case a butcher. Or you can kill and evoke him but no more as "selected" (soul reaped) but as a normal "stored by kill". Hope I made it more clear.

Edited by LordCloud00

On 23/2/2016 at 6:48 PM, Leavith said:

Like the idea I would add thought a more explained methods of how this things are intended to work when modded.

Because for 1st place str power increases right now the number of shadows

2nd your terrify replacement it sounds pretty nice but it would add the idea that heavy enemy are frozen in place such as (corpus tech/Gunner/ancient) while light enemy run away good addition that helps with synergy

3rd thing which is not much of bother would be cool to have pulled table that pops up when we access or items/such as the emote table we have and the gear wheel but it also gives you a list of the name enemy you have captured.

4th you never mention a passive but that is okay

You give some important points. The approach with mods , it's a really delicate argument, which I'm still elaboring to be balanced , btw nothing too hard.

1)In general the approach for example, ghosts with str mods, would be kinda similar to the actual one, so boosting the strenght you will exceed the cap number of ghost (nothing too much) and enhance ghosts abilities. I would like to upgrade my post with all the info, when I will have enough datas.

2)Ty for your advice, I find it interesting , I'm a bit against the "enemy freeze" , it would be abused according to me , that is why I choose a movement speed debuff.

3)As I told in other responses, I would really love the idea of an UI who tells you which enemies you have captured (and that was also in my original idea of the concept) .... but I highly doubt that we will see something like that ...this is why I choose something more realistic and easier to program.

4) Telling you the truth, I thought about a passive. I had 2 ideas in my mind, both focused on the "death theme" : a) Nekros revives allies in less time than other frames ; b) if nekros gets a damage which would kill him while he is using Necromancer, instead of go K.O, he loses 15 active ghosts. 

I choose to not put those , cause I'm not sure about them, but if you ask me, I answer :)

Edited by LordCloud00

Somes has spoken my prior ideas, just wish to add sth.

Soul punch should be remake, ragdoll is not fun. It need a synergy with sotd like this: enemy marked by soul punch and dead while marked by soul punch will be stored in sotd ghost counter.

Soul reaper is a no go because it will breaking the game, you only mark once and you have a powerful bombard on your side. Too much power creep.

Terrify need reduce energy cost, or change it to aoe skill with minor stagger.

Remove desecrate.

SotD has a passive like this: if nekros is down by a fatal hit, 80% sotd ghosts will be consumed to give x amount of heath/shield back to nekros. Ghost can be consumed even when sotd is not actived.

On 2/24/2016 at 7:41 AM, JuanPoker said:

Finally someone who cares about nekros! Like ideas, would be great to try him and definitively deserve more attention ;)

Alot of people care about Nekros a lot of grinders and loot farmers don't want him change so you have to do a re-work that please both types of players. Nekros by far has one of the best designs sadly his abilities have no synergy and I fill forced to play him a certain way. So there are many Nekros threads I just wish he would get the re-work he deserves with out messing up desecrate.

Edited by (PS4)BIGHEBREW

I like Nekros' kit as it is now, mostly.  I'd love for his 3 to be turned in to a toggle like a combination of Pacify + Prowl though.  Have it drain energy per second based on the amount of corpses in range, while not blocking energy regen like Pacify.  Scale the success chance based on power strength and the rate of Desecrating based on power duration like Prowl, and we're in business.