Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

unlimited / limited hero Moba-like power usage.

MysticDragonMage

I've honestly seen a lot of limitations and sometimes not enough limitations in conclave.

I'm not a conclave fan, but my first few shots at it where pretty unsatisfying experiences.

for one thing, ive seen an ember prime camp a side of the map with a diaque bow (excuse my spelling). that's all well and good as a sniper-role, but this particular player was using an almost flawless attack strategy. it was impossible to shoot her from a distance since for some reason (and respectfully judged by just skill) the player had very good accuracy. so your obvious option would be to catch the player off guard and move in for a melee kill from behind. problem was, as soon as this player sensed danger, he or she would activate embers ring of fire, catching anyone withing the radius. so why didn't i just rush her as soon as her or she wasted the ability? fact is, the player was camping one of the energy wells, giving him or her enough energy for one or two rings of fire. why did I not use my own powers? turns out the player made sure all energy wells were empty before we could spawn.

basically, if a player needs energy, he or she can just visit the next energy well and hope the energy is there.

i believe that the conclave should have a moba-like power usage that limits the times the player can use an ability. my suggestion would be a cool-down timer.

3 hours ago, -cS-Nighttide77 said:

Soz...this enemy had great aim, great mobility and was able to dominate energy spawns better than anyone else? I'm not sure the fact that they had powers would have changed the outcome of that one match if they had awesome aim and mobility.

so what would you suggest i do? get my &#! kicked by somebody that uses a tactic that is almost unbreakable and except defeat? there was nothing I, nor my teammate could do in our current situation. my teammate even tried to use rhino skin to get past the enemies ring of fire, but the ability was too powerful even for that.

most players speak mostly for themselves when they defend the current power availability in conclave, and that is exactly why it should be worked on.

An energy camping Daikyu player on PS4 is not going to be able to land a single shot on you if you know how to move. You can basically just jump around a little, slide, and shoot through the fire with any non-shotgun/melee weapon and they should go down. Maybe even Strun has a high enough effective range to go through the ring with reasonable damage. Don't shoot standing still though, really. 

26 minutes ago, (PS4) L-B-H-100 said:

so what would you suggest i do? get my &#! kicked by somebody that uses a tactic that is almost unbreakable and except defeat? there was nothing I, nor my teammate could do in our current situation. my teammate even tried to use rhino skin to get past the enemies ring of fire, but the ability was too powerful even for that.

most players speak mostly for themselves when they defend the current power availability in conclave, and that is exactly why it should be worked on.

No need to get defensive. I simply don't agree with you. I also don't have trouble fighting other people over energy spawns. Others may have a similar experience as you, but they haven't spoken up, yet.

If I were fighting an excellent sniper that could dominate energy, but I had enough energy for an Iron Skin, I would probably use Loki Invis. I would also counter-snipe with the Daikyu. Camping snipers aren't hard targets for projectiles. I could possibly counter snipe by getting in a position they weren't watching for. I could even be Oberon and put a Hallowed Ground on that fireblast, be an ember and but my own fire ring on their fire ring. Throw some Castanas into their ring that they're standing in and blow them up...etc. The tactic seems rather beat-able with creativity and having a full array of loadout options.

Outgun then with a heavy frame and automatic...

If there are two of you but one enemy player was dominating energy, one of you should have focused on grabbing energy, at least.

Use hit and run tactics with latron, sybaris, shotguns, grinlok....focus fire with your teammate... (Most all frames are 2- shot from sniper, so two focused snipers will nearly instagib anyone)... Rhino Roar is a powerful team buff...

I think I listed enough tactics that could have worked...

No need to get defensive. I simply don't agree with you. I also don't have trouble fighting other people over energy spawns. Others may have a similar experience as you, but they haven't spoken up, yet.

If I were fighting an excellent sniper that could dominate energy, but I had enough energy for an Iron Skin, I would probably use Loki Invis. I would also counter-snipe with the Daikyu. Camping snipers aren't hard targets for projectiles. I could possibly counter snipe by getting in a position they weren't watching for. I could even be Oberon and put a Hallowed Ground on that fireblast, be an ember and but my own fire ring on their fire ring. Throw some Castanas into their ring that they're standing in and blow them up...etc. The tactic seems rather beat-able with creativity and having a full array of loadout options.

ok, but i did not have any of that in the situation i was in. none of those things where available to me at the time. and even if i did bring them next game, chances are the player had already quit. not that i would bother dedicating my time with revenge.

plus, the player didnt nessessaraly camp inside of the ring, she simply waited until we were close and trapped us within as she just fluttered away till we were dead. even if we were to escape, the enemy would just restock on energy as we were restocking on health.

and, she also had a Jat-kitag, so if we lasted more than a second in her ring, a simple air attack would either kill us instantly or knock us down, further stalling our retreat.

3 hours ago, Fire_of_the_Abyss said:

An energy camping Daikyu player on PS4 is not going to be able to land a single shot on you if you know how to move. You can basically just jump around a little, slide, and shoot through the fire with any non-shotgun/melee weapon and they should go down. Maybe even Strun has a high enough effective range to go through the ring with reasonable damage. Don't shoot standing still though, really. 

tried moving around a lot, and it didn't work. she also moved around a lot as well.

I only respect PC for its wider variety of options. a Console player can be just as accurate as a PC player.

Outgun then with a heavy frame and automatic...

If there are two of you but one enemy player was dominating energy, one of you should have focused on grabbing energy, at least.

Use hit and run tactics with latron, sybaris, shotguns, grinlok....focus fire with your teammate... (Most all frames are 2- shot from sniper, so two focused snipers will nearly instagib anyone)... Rhino Roar is a powerful team buff...

I think I listed enough tactics that could have worked...

still couldnt do it.

believe me, I tried. and yes the player did have a friend, he was in charge of the energy pickup and he spent half of his time either in the snipers sights or near the sniper himself. the other half was him hogging all the energy. if he so much as saw our marks, he would run straight back to the sniper.

not only that, but our site was contorted, we tried to snipe down upon her, but the towers left us wide open for another diaque arrow.

i never said i didn't try. so i'm not asking for any advise, i'm just pointing it out.

2 minutes ago, (PS4) L-B-H-100 said:

ok, but i did not have any of that in the situation i was in. none of those things where available to me at the time. and even if i did bring them next game, chances are the player had already quit. not that i would bother dedicating my time with revenge.

plus, the player didnt nessessaraly camp inside of the ring, she simply waited until we were close and trapped us within as she just fluttered away till we were dead. even if we were to escape, the enemy would just restock on energy as we were restocking on health.

and, she also had a Jat-kitag, so if we lasted more than a second in her ring, a simple air attack would either kill us instantly or knock us down, further stalling our retreat.

Well, it would be wise to learn from that match and prepare your loadouts with forethought.

I got tired of chasing flag carriers in CtC and made a loadout specifically for annoying flag carriers.

The fire ring isn't inescapable...the fact they basically used an anti-melee power means continuing to try to melee them was more like continually trying to force your strategy to work...of which forcing a strategy isn't as good as adapting.

I've seen plenty of people trying to melee Nyx Absorbs, Trinity's with Link...yeah, it usually doesn't end well for the melee users.

One trick you might want to try with your friend is for one to use a melee knockdown or stagger, or a power that staggers/knocksdown, or even use Sonicor to keep knocking down the target, while the other shoots or does a melee combo. There are actually some pretty smart ways 2 players can work together to take a target down.

4 minutes ago, (PS4) L-B-H-100 said:

still couldnt do it.

believe me, I tried. and yes the player did have a friend, he was in charge of the energy pickup and he spent half of his time either in the snipers sights or near the sniper himself. the other half was him hogging all the energy. if he so much as saw our marks, he would run straight back to the sniper.

not only that, but our site was contorted, we tried to snipe down upon her, but the towers left us wide open for another diaque arrow.

i never said i didn't try. so i'm not asking for any advise, i'm just pointing it out.

Well...you're the first person to ever complain about this...if the enemy player was superior in every way, from aim to strategy, I don't think any nerfs would balance things so lesser skilled players would have a better chance against experts.

honestly, i would be fine if the player had only been Superior in accuracy, just not when the player has something really annoying up his or her sleeve to almost grantee there victory.

Well, it would be wise to learn from that match and prepare your loadouts with forethought.

I got tired of chasing flag carriers in CtC and made a loadout specifically for annoying flag carriers.

The fire ring isn't inescapable...the fact they basically used an anti-melee power means continuing to try to melee them was more like continually trying to force your strategy to work...of which forcing a strategy isn't as good as adapting.

I've seen plenty of people trying to melee Nyx Absorbs, Trinity's with Link...yeah, it usually doesn't end well for the melee users.

One trick you might want to try with your friend is for one to use a melee knockdown or stagger, or a power that staggers/knocksdown, or even use Sonicor to keep knocking down the target, while the other shoots or does a melee combo. There are actually some pretty smart ways 2 players can work together to take a target down.

the Sonicor knockdown does seem very annoying, it makes me hate conclave even more.

its basically a battle on who annoys you the most with unbalanced mechanics.

it makes it seem as if nothing is superior to the other, cause it all just seems to accomplish nothing but the pleasure to annoy other players.

it just doesn't seem fun at all.

and the rewards seem to focus on things to annoy your enemy even more.

If a player is able to camp a certain spot and have advantage its definetely not because of his abilities. Its a learn 2 play issue on your side (no offense). In fact id like to see more energy efficiency in conclave so abilities could be used even more! of course they should be balanced in a way so it doesnt turn out as cheesy gameplay.

The easiest solution is to just snipe them from a distance with any weapon that has decent accuracy. If they were using daikyu then it is very hard to hit anything from more than 20m cause of flight time. If you were still dying from more than 20m to a person camping with daikyu  then you have to move more. 

From my experience camping always ends up in death.(being the camper or killing them) just being in the same area you will die quickly.

On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 11:14 AM, (PS4) L-B-H-100 said:

On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 8:33 AM, (PS4) L-B-H-100 said:

I've honestly seen a lot of limitations and sometimes not enough limitations in conclave.

I'm not a conclave fan, but my first few shots at it where pretty unsatisfying experiences.

for one thing, ive seen an ember prime camp a side of the map with a diaque bow (excuse my spelling). that's all well and good as a sniper-role, but this particular player was using an almost flawless attack strategy. it was impossible to shoot her from a distance since for some reason (and respectfully judged by just skill) the player had very good accuracy. so your obvious option would be to catch the player off guard and move in for a melee kill from behind. problem was, as soon as this player sensed danger, he or she would activate embers ring of fire, catching anyone withing the radius. so why didn't i just rush her as soon as her or she wasted the ability? fact is, the player was camping one of the energy wells, giving him or her enough energy for one or two rings of fire. why did I not use my own powers? turns out the player made sure all energy wells were empty before we could spawn.

basically, if a player needs energy, he or she can just visit the next energy well and hope the energy is there.

i believe that the conclave should have a moba-like power usage that limits the times the player can use an ability. my suggestion would be a cool-down timer.

So you were beaten, unable to win, & decided to ask for nerf (cooldown for skills) bcos of that? Even tho the player who beaten you didnt cheat? Wow....nerf mentality everywhere these days

There's always a way to win...if you cant win you simply not trying hard enough