The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Arcane Enhancements worth the trouble?

(PSN)ffaddict789

Question

7 answers to this question

Yes and no. It depends on what kind of Arcane it is, and to which purpose you're gonna use it for ie. frame/weapon.

But mostly, I would say yes. I've made it into a habit to complete LoR and LoR NM (and if I can find a good team JV), at least once a day to collect more Arcanes. But they're definitely not worth the hassle if you find the raids hard to do, or if you're planning on buying them from other players don't! They're meant to act as sort of "extra tweaks" to a veteran player, but they aren't essential to late game. I didn't start using Arcanes before I was MR 19 just last month, and now I'm MR 20, and I still have a ton more to collect in order to fully benefit from their effects. 

But my point is, that in most cases, you're better off with maxed mods, formas and potatoes. Those would be much better choices than Arcanes, and those are essential compared to Arcane Enhancements in terms of "lategame".

They're just small bonuses to your arsenal, and thus should not be viewed as more or less than that.

Arcanes are very much worth it, not only are they good for warframes and weapons, but they're actually a great plat making business too. I have been hitting three raids a day for the past months and have made an obnoxious amount of plat from them. Some arcanes that are DEFINETELY worth investing in \ getting to actually utilize them are Energize, Grace, Guardian, Barrier, in that order :] there are so many, each has it's own use, energize is a top tier one though.

A few of them allow you to make builds that essential make you invincible, but in the practical sense, most of them don't add much to you power or survivability. I have a few, but I honestly don't use the syandanas they are attached to, even in sorties or hour long survivals. They make them easier, but not by much. 

TL;DR you're not missing much...

Only Certain ones in Particular. But a lot of the good ones have been overshadowed by the Passives you can get from certain Schools.

Main one being Trickery. Naramon Shadow Step is significantly better than Trickery.

In all honesty, It's only worth the Trouble for platinum. Arcane Sets like Strike, Barrier, Energize, Fury, Rage, and others easily go for 300p+ on the market, at least on PS4. Don't know how much they go for on other platforms.