The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx and survivals

Godiz

Question

Hey guys, so anyone here tried to solo Tower survivals with nyx? seems that everytime i take her into a solo survival i starve my self for oxygen because of Chaos is there a way to get around this with out ditching Nyx or chaos? i just got her about 4 hours ago and love it. T2 seems like its impossible to do without a full party because of the lack of enemies and life support drops, even without Nyx just even worse with her.

7 answers to this question

I've never had issues with lifesupport in warframe solo in over a year. 

I assume your under geared or doing something wrong, as i often run solo survivals for 60-100minutes with no lifesupport issues

Edited by Dextral

11 minutes ago, GunDemon said:

hmmm well in t2 i one hit everything up to around 25 then they just stop coming as much and i end up using all my lifesupport :/

Well my advice would be.

-Lower range on Nyx so that enemies in other rooms aren't affected, because this causes them to stay in other places fighting each other rather than advancing to your location. Also newly spawned enemies get caught in the crossfire and stay in rooms you might not be in.

Do not use Chaos a lot in the beginning. Have a higher dependancy on your weapons to clear rooms without the use of Chaos.

Or lower duration on Chaos and just use it as a aoe stun rather than a distraction. 

I find one of the best things to do with Nyx is use Mind Control instead of Chaos (which is best for when you can see a bunch of enemies charging at you that you know are gonna wreck you). focus on Mind Controlling the Heavy Gunners and bombards,  who will then support you while you mop up the regular mobs. just keep an eye on your duration; you don't want to be near your new friend when he regains his senses!

I also use Chaos for large mobs, so that I can reposition and shoot from a new location, and Absorb for clustered groups and defending objectives. it's also important to keep moving as Nyx, as she's not particularly durable.

using these methods, I've gone 40mins as Nyx a number of times (I don't bother going 60, as I get bored quickly.)

On 2/28/2016 at 1:59 PM, GunDemon said:

Hey guys, so anyone here tried to solo Tower survivals with nyx? seems that everytime i take her into a solo survival i starve my self for oxygen because of Chaos is there a way to get around this with out ditching Nyx or chaos? i just got her about 4 hours ago and love it. T2 seems like its impossible to do without a full party because of the lack of enemies and life support drops, even without Nyx just even worse with her.

Maybe Nyx doesn't have enough DPS to kill the enemies faster, and her Chaos slow down the process even more. Try to play with her ulti instead while soloing. Reduce your power duration to limit the Chaos effect.

Thread Mind Controlled from General Discussion to Players helping Players.