The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted blade

(PSN)ffaddict789

Question

So I like Valkyr and I build her for power and melee so it comes out in Hysteria. Is the same type of build going to be effective to make Excaliburs' Exalted Blade slice through a crowd or what?!?!?!?! I want to switch her and him in late game play so is it a comparable outcome or should I stick with Valkyr? Thnx for your help Tenno!

9 answers to this question

Excalibur is likely the most OP warframe currently.

I never played Valkyr (I am aware of how powerful she is), but if you want to go for an EB Excal build, then go for power strength and efficiency, while also equipping Rage and/or Energy Siphon for a steady supply of energy. You could equip both, though I think Energy Siphon alone would be the best choice as Rage is more prominent on warframes with low shields and high health/armour values. Once the new Egyptian warframe comes out, Rage will be your best friend. Furthermore, for Rage to be effective, you need Life Strike on your weapon (preferrably a sword, seeing as how Excal has passive buffs for swords), and that would mean modding your weapon for a channeling build, which will only drain your energy further.

In short, you can either go for a pure damage build with intensify and streamline, or go for a hybrid build designed for survivability with Rage + Life Strike + EB + Energy Siphon (+ Quick Thinking) + channeling. Speaking of channeling, you can channel while EB is active. Though, it will drain your energy faster, so use it for missions with a lot of enemies.

12 minutes ago, RIOT said:

I would say rage over energy siphon, ES is deactivated while exalted blade is up.

I do not think it is deactivated; more likely it slows down EB's energy drain. Did you read this at the wiki perhaps?

Edited by grigorije
Typo