The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Progress Past MRank LVL 2

(PSN)TroopofEchos

Question

I apologize profusely if this comes across as ignorant or n00bish, but I've searched and can't find an answer.

I've been playing this game for several days now and I can't seem to rank up.  The blue bar doesn't progress at all. :(  It's stuck.

All my weapons that I got at the beginning of the game are all level 30 and one 29 and my frame is now lvl 30, I've bought a blueprint of a second melee wepon, built it and it's now at lvl 11 or something and I'm stuck at Rank 2?? What am I doing wrong? I feel really stupid. Every time I complete a mission, upgrade a weapon, mod it, etc, I check to see if I can rank up and there's just no option there at all. 

I had a friend play with me soon after I started to unlock Venus and Jupiter... did this mess it up somehow? I went back and played through Earth and Mercury as much as I could. I'm currently stuck on the Kubrow mission with an egg because I can't make an incubator component because I don't have a neuron sensor. -_-  So I've just been playing what I can play to see if it would kickstart the mystery ranking problem.

Please Halp :c

12 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, (PS4)TroopofEchos said:

Well $hit. 

Thank you for explaining!

Okay, I will read through the Wiki again for that and yeah I got a bajillion credits, good idea on blueprints. Thank you!

Did I like, play the game "wrong" at the beginning or something? :P 

No of course not everyone has their own way pf playing I'm a MR 20 because I grinded the rank that was the first thing I did in 3 months but some people don't need to do that they are fine being at MR 12 because they get access to primary syndicate weapons and that's the last xp locked thing you would need to work for so there isn't a point anymore but you have your own way to have fun :) I hope I was able to help ^^

You only get mastery experience from ranking weapons and frames, but once they hit level 30 they don't give anymore exp . Therefore you have to build more weapons/frames to get the exp. You're stuck now because only one weapon is giving you exp and it's not a lot.

Everything you get maxed makes your Mastery Rank go up all normal weapons and primed variants and every warframe getting to rank 30 makes you get x amount of XP to your Rank my advice buy all credit weapons you can in the market get all the blueprints and build them if you can with a friend farm the normal frames on every planet. If you want to rush the progress see if there is a friend willing to take you to the mission Draco on Ceres and rank up there but also I started with all normal weapons and warframes before i got the primes cause your going to want to keep the primes and the normal versions give you a chance to get used to the weapons/warframes. Just keep in mind its alot of grinding and farming if you need to find were something is the warframe wiki is a huge help for that. 

That number you see is the required affinity to reach the next rank. Meaning you'll need to get more frames and weapons and leveling those to 30.

As for credits, you'll earn  a higher credit pay on later planets or from dark sectors on planets you have access to.

Edited by SurrealEdge

2 hours ago, (PS4)TroopofEchos said:

I am still at MR LVL 2 with still 150 credits (do you EVER get any credits??)

Are you talking about the currency with the Platinum64.png symbol?

That's not Credits, that's Platinum, Warframe's premium currency which you have to either buy with real money or trade for.

9 minutes ago, Kryshok said:

You only get mastery experience from ranking weapons and frames, but once they hit level 30 they don't give anymore exp . Therefore you have to build more weapons/frames to get the exp. You're stuck now because only one weapon is giving you exp and it's not a lot.

Well $hit. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Natalie da Fox said:

Everything you get maxed makes your Mastery Rank go up all normal weapons and primed variants and every warframe getting to rank 30 makes you get x amount of XP to your Rank my advice buy all credit weapons you can in the market get all the blueprints and build them if you can with a friend farm the normal frames on every planet. If you want to rush the progress see if there is a friend willing to take you to the mission Draco on Ceres and rank up there but also I started with all normal weapons and warframes before i got the primes cause your going to want to keep the primes and the normal versions give you a chance to get used to the weapons/warframes. Just keep in mind its alot of grinding and farming if you need to find were something is the warframe wiki is a huge help for that. 

Okay, I will read through the Wiki again for that and yeah I got a bajillion credits, good idea on blueprints. Thank you!

19 minutes ago, (PS4)TroopofEchos said:

Well $hit. 

Yes you did indeed.

Its already been explained, but remember, you need to rank up EVERY bit of equipment in game to reach the highest mastery rank. You can use a FORMA to change the polarity of a slot on a weapon or frame .. or most anything, and reset the rank of the equipment to unranked, but I dont believe you get the same amount of EXP for it the second go-round.

21 hours ago, (XB1)iBlock L337 said:

Yes you did indeed.

Its already been explained, but remember, you need to rank up EVERY bit of equipment in game to reach the highest mastery rank. You can use a FORMA to change the polarity of a slot on a weapon or frame .. or most anything, and reset the rank of the equipment to unranked, but I dont believe you get the same amount of EXP for it the second go-round.

I started out using Excalibur (still am). It's at max rank 30

MK-1 Braton. max rank 30

LATO max rank 30

Skana max rank 30

I bought a blueprint for a new melee weapon for the hell of it, Orthos. It's now rank 13.

I was leveling up and modding weapons and suit and have built everything I have pieces for.

I am still at MR LVL 2 with still 150 credits (do you EVER get any credits??)

It says "show profile" but I can't rank up. The option is missing. Has been for days now. When I choose profile it says "Silver Initiate 2" with "Mastery 16,990" "Next Rank (Gold Initiate in 5,510) and I have't seen that number move. 

What am I doing wrong and what did I do wrong in the beginning ? 

On 2/29/2016 at 3:47 PM, NinjaZeku said:

Are you talking about the currency with the Platinum64.png symbol?

That's not Credits, that's Platinum, Warframe's premium currency which you have to either buy with real money or trade for.

yes, I apologize, I used the wrong word >__<  But yes that's what I meant. A part of my problem is a personal problem in that my TV is farrrr away from my face which makes it hard to see and read things sometimes. :P  But I totally own up to that haha. Thank you for correcting me.