Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum farm grind?

(PSN)Systematic_-_-_

Question

Ok so i have been wondering what i can do with my time and since i am low on platinum (very tight budget at home so cant just buy it) i figured thatd b perfect. 

There are alot of means to farm for platinum that i am aware of and i want to see what the options are.

What i dont want to do:

-i do not wish to farm for things now to cash in later. I have already done this with rhino p and primed mods. I am looking for the "in the mean time" farm.

-i wish to avoid vault runs for dual stat mods to sell. I am hoping there is something that does not require keys, or even better yet, a group, as i really enjoy solo play. 

-with the above said, i also wish to avoid farming peticular types of enemies for the rarer stance mods such as vulpine mask.

-im out of just about every useful void key.

i was going to farm sayrn p and the like, but again a lacking of keys has me dismayed. So my overall question after u have taken in all of the above- what to farm, keys for the void to do the saryn/new wep farm, or do u all have any other ideas i havent covered? Ty for all feedback!

23 answers to this question

What I get out of this is you're looking for a farm that doesn't require farming... Things that cost decent plat cost plat for a reason so if you're not willing to do anything tedius then you're better off not even trying my advice would be to either arrange farms for void keys (probably interceptions for T4) and then make a keyshare out of that and hope you get what you're looking for or stalk recruiting and wait for someone to mention the key that you're looking for (Not sure how effective that is on PS4 though)

The most valuble things on the market (at least on PC) That can be farmed are usually maxed R10 mods, Rare stances, and Prime Parts so if you're out of keys you may need to group up with others to get into those missions.

If you don't want any of that you could also try kubrow breeding if you get a really rare one it can sell upwards of 800 plat of course that is again on the PC market and I don't even try for things like this.

Maby the drift mods from the moon are worth something on PS4? doesn't require anything other than skill and a bit of luck (1 requires 4 people but the rest can be soloed)

You could try Nightmare missions.  If you have a good tanky-but-fast build that can get in, get the job done and get out without engaging more enemies than you have to then you could get a few mods pretty quickly and some of them might still sell for something.

25 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Maby the drift mods from the moon are worth something on PS4? doesn't require anything other than skill and a bit of luck (1 requires 4 people but the rest can be soloed)

It can actually be done with 2 people and 2 specters if you can cope with the effort of trying to coax a specter into standing still on a plate.

Sell syndicate mods and weapons.  You won't be able to get as much plats as before, but you can still earn a bit of plat here and there without having to go to the void.  Sortie rewards are tradable so you can sell those also, but I don't know how well you can solo those missions.

If you're out of keys, buy keys from your syndicates or you have to farm them.  If PSN is the same as PC, for T2 and T3 keys I'd do Phobos Dark Sector excavation and it's easily soloable.  Just do 3 or 7 excavations and get out.  No need to stay for the long runs since it's not like you'll get better rewards in longer runs.  You might even get some decent mods from excavations.  I managed to get a life strike from one of the runs.  Do Mars interception if you want easy to get T4 keys.  It'll be hectic, but you can even solo that with the right frame.  Spy missions if you want dual stat elemental mods and keys to sell or use.  People still buy mods like Rime Rounds.  If you can solo Eris, do hive missions and try to find all three caches for a chance for dual stat electric mods which is still relatively rare compare to other elemental mods.

1 hour ago, -Amaterasu- said:

What I get out of this is you're looking for a farm that doesn't require farming... Things that cost decent plat cost plat for a reason so if you're not willing to do anything tedius then you're better off not even trying my advice would be to either arrange farms for void keys (probably interceptions for T4) and then make a keyshare out of that and hope you get what you're looking for or stalk recruiting and wait for someone to mention the key that you're looking for (Not sure how effective that is on PS4 though)

The most valuble things on the market (at least on PC) That can be farmed are usually maxed R10 mods, Rare stances, and Prime Parts so if you're out of keys you may need to group up with others to get into those missions.

If you don't want any of that you could also try kubrow breeding if you get a really rare one it can sell upwards of 800 plat of course that is again on the PC market and I don't even try for things like this.

Your take from my post was incorrect. I do not mind farming at all, i was jus curious if there r items i can farm for and sell NOW, not months from now, that dont require keys. I am just unaware as to what options there are aside from what i stated, or if there are no real other options and i should carry on key farming to work toward farming for the new stuff. 

For example, i was solo farming vulpine mask when it first came out, and thats about the best idea i have unless i farm the keys to farm parts. By the time i farm enough keys the price will drop and ill b sol lol.

if you don't need a lot of plats, sell gold cores...

doing pick up mission in the void, I always get lots of R5 gold cores and there's always someone who is willing to buy them for 1 plat per core.  I used to make 20 or 30 p daily... it uses up a lot of trades, since you can only sell 5 cores per trade, but it's basically free plat.  

I gave this up when I started trading prime frames seriously... but still

2 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

You can always do Derelict Survival and farm Nova P systems. They sell for ~80p and doing Derelict missions does not require Void keys.

These are the types of things i was hoping to hear :) id assume if it sells for that much yet it sounds fairly easy to find it prolly drops on rotation C and is mad rare drop chance?

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Systematic_-_-_ said:

These are the types of things i was hoping to hear :) id assume if it sells for that much yet it sounds fairly easy to find it prolly drops on rotation C and is mad rare drop chance?

I would say it's around a 1 out of 7 drop chance. The problem with Derelict is that all the other rewards (rotation A, B as well as the other C rotation rewards) are total garbage so most rather farm the Void. Well, at least it will solve your Void key problem since T1 and T2 Void keys are the most common derelict reward^^

Edit: The best frame to farm derelict survivals is Valkyr (immune to energy drain auras as well as knockdowns from ancient hock spam). But any frame that is good at melee + Naramon Shadow Step works.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

The Problem with selling sindicate stuff is you Need to be high rank to get a Chance at alot of Points per day.I can do 21000 daily plus the sindicate specific missions.I Play for 2 sindicates and this alows me to also climb in another 2 sindicates but slower off course.

What I do is,when I am finally at the top of one of my secondary sindicates I sell the Primary weapon for plat and then I Focus a bit more one the other secondary since the first one is going to take alot of time since you go almost to Zero.

And I only Play for my Primary sindicates so every time I get to the top I buy the 3 random keys.For you this could be interesting since you could get a key that has a Chance to drop something interesing.

You could also sell sindicate mods,I dont bother with those,I find that the weapons I have to sell,sell really well,I am not sure the mods would be that easy to sell but on the other Hand the mods only cost 25000 Standing I think and the Primary weapons cost 125000 so when i sell one,it means it´s going to take alot of time to get back up again.

Actually,next time I am at the top of one of my secondary sindicate,I will try to sell the mods to see if they sell or not.would get more plat and faster then with the weapons. 

At OP - are you a member of any of the Syndicates? Rather than farming keys, you can farm rep and just buy key packs as well. Not to mention that Syndicate weapons always sell. I've never held one for more than a few hours and I usually sell all three to the same person. 

Personal syndicate weapon to plat formula - buy three weapons, post for 20p each or all three for 50p, the three sells just about every time.

I just run a ton of void / nightmare / core farming missions etc. Then i hop on warframe market and post everything i got. Come back in an hour and usually have 100 tells asking for stuff...BAM 100s of plat. No i'm not joking lol.

Also core farming r5 core = 1p each. This is actually a very quick / easy way to make plat. Just got the 50 core pack from sorties for the day? Congrats on your 50 plat. Go run the core farm missions a few times, had a lucky run with 35 cores, life strike, vulpine mask maybe even a gaias tragedy in the same run. You just made 75-85 plat.

7 hours ago, (PS4)GamerCat535 said:

But doesn't the construction of Derelict Keys require a void key?

Yeah but those keys arent an issue cuz u can make em for junk resource and only takes 1 min lol.

i like the synd stuff ppl r posted ill prolly do that cuz i enjoy farming rep alot more :)

ty all for the info!

6 hours ago, Coaa said:

I just run a ton of void / nightmare / core farming missions etc. Then i hop on warframe market and post everything i got. Come back in an hour and usually have 100 tells asking for stuff...BAM 100s of plat. No i'm not joking lol.

Also core farming r5 core = 1p each. This is actually a very quick / easy way to make plat. Just got the 50 core pack from sorties for the day? Congrats on your 50 plat. Go run the core farm missions a few times, had a lucky run with 35 cores, life strike, vulpine mask maybe even a gaias tragedy in the same run. You just made 75-85 plat.

Cores sell that easy? And i didnt kno gaias sells for plat i have 9 of them haha sweet thanks

18 hours ago, Katinka said:

You could try Nightmare missions.  If you have a good tanky-but-fast build that can get in, get the job done and get out without engaging more enemies than you have to then you could get a few mods pretty quickly and some of them might still sell for something.

It can actually be done with 2 people and 2 specters if you can cope with the effort of trying to coax a specter into standing still on a plate.

Or your 5th ability, just cast when you are on a pad and go over to the other one. It only takes two people also

2 hours ago, (PS4)Systematic_-_-_ said:

Cores sell that easy? And i didnt kno gaias sells for plat i have 9 of them haha sweet thanks

Not sure how it is on ps4 but on PC they sell like hot cakes. I literally cant keep up with demand some days. Legendary cores of course sell for plenty but a ton of people don't want to be bothered to grind r5s to max out stuff that isn't worth pumping a legendary into. They do seem to be rolling in plat to throw at you for r5s though. Post em at 1p each and watch the tells flood in.

The only problem though is not being able to sell multiples at a time, just 1 at a time x trade screen slots. So you can only do so much per day based on your MR trades per day. I usually will save 3-4 trades per day for items of higher value that I've posted on warframe market. If I know i'll be logging for the day soon i'll top off my remaining trades from cores though. Better to get the few plat from that then nothing at all!

2 hours ago, Coaa said:

Not sure how it is on ps4 but on PC they sell like hot cakes. I literally cant keep up with demand some days. Legendary cores of course sell for plenty but a ton of people don't want to be bothered to grind r5s to max out stuff that isn't worth pumping a legendary into. They do seem to be rolling in plat to throw at you for r5s though. Post em at 1p each and watch the tells flood in.

The only problem though is not being able to sell multiples at a time, just 1 at a time x trade screen slots. So you can only do so much per day based on your MR trades per day. I usually will save 3-4 trades per day for items of higher value that I've posted on warframe market. If I know i'll be logging for the day soon i'll top off my remaining trades from cores though. Better to get the few plat from that then nothing at all!

Extremely helpful info ty!!