The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mystery Project / Contest (You can win Free Concept-art) Update 5: Cephalon Preview & 8th Hint CLOSED

Scharkie

lCRtkWJ.jpg

JZ1dAxI.jpg

gxCoxNE.jpg

5gO5ViG.jpg

Contest Prize:

A free concept art made by me for any existing Idea's or a new ones by you

The contest is very simple:

As we reveal some previews alongside with some hints,

You the reader can take a guess in the comments what the weapon class is

(Example: Slingshot)

Rules:

-1 entry a person 

-No accounts newer then this topic (so no double account chances)

-The earlier your entry, The better your chances to win (so waiting till the last hint might not be your best try)

If multiple people have the correct weapon class at the end of this project there will be a name lottery.

SQ6SX7Y.jpg

c3SpTRa.jpg

iZsJZLp.jpg

oQmL19H.jpg

6eXCM68.jpg

vwmxVaN.jpg

va7bAwl.jpg

vHrNQQs.jpg

q3ymePA.jpg

UTDt8nq.jpg

Edited by Scharkie1333

It seems like if multiple people have the correct answer, the prize should be given to whoever guessed it first.

If correct participants are simply entered into a lottery with an equal chance to win, there's no incentive to guess before all the hints have been revealed. You'd just be putting yourself at a disadvantage by guessing before you have all the hints. If that's the case, there's no strategy involved, and you might as well just reveal all the hints now.

Lastly, I'll guess spear. It's literally the only category I can think of that people have wanted for a long time that we don't have yet.

Good luck, and I appreciate you trying to liven the community up!

5 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

It seems like if multiple people have the correct answer, the prize should be given to whoever guessed it first.

If correct participants are simply entered into a lottery with an equal chance to win, there's no incentive to guess before all the hints have been revealed. You'd just be putting yourself at a disadvantage by guessing before you have all the hints. If that's the case, there's no strategy involved, and you might as well just reveal all the hints now.

Lastly, I'll guess spear. It's literally the only category I can think of that people have wanted for a long time that we don't have yet.

Good luck, and I appreciate you trying to liven the community up!

Thanks for the feedback, and the reason the contest has started yet is to brighten the idea a bit more up.

Ill probally make some changes for the people who take the risk to guess before all hints have been posted.

And welcome to the contest :)

Added rules for Taking earlier guesses, Those who take the risk will have better chances, ill keep track of a date list to see who entered at wich active hint.

Goodluck to you all

Edited by Scharkie1333

8 hours ago, Scharkie1333 said:

Thanks for the feedback, and the reason the contest has started yet is to brighten the idea a bit more up.

Ill probally make some changes for the people who take the risk to guess before all hints have been posted.

And welcome to the contest :)

Is there a rule on being able to change your guess as hints come up? So if I guess now, then figure it out based on hint 1, can I go back and change my original guess?

1 hour ago, Rehtael7 said:

Is there a rule on being able to change your guess as hints come up? So if I guess now, then figure it out based on hint 1, can I go back and change my original guess?

I think this would be rather unfair for those who take earlier bold guesses.

I can't be bothered to decipher that. Just going to guess into the blue.

Remote-detonated bomb launcher.

EDIT: Based on the image... My nextguess would be chainsaw. Really wishing I had guessed that originally.

Edited by Rehtael7

6 hours ago, Nexle said:

I've deciphered the hint, it says the following:

ABOUT A LONG AND DISTANT PAST.

I'm guessing the weapon would be like a musket or a flinlock.

Great Job, is this Musket / Flintlock your defenetive entry?

Edited by Scharkie1333