The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaykor Hek Build?

Rbadam

Question

Heyo! I recently purchased the Vaykor Hek (MR12 Hype yo), and looking around on the internet I just saw a lot of different builds.

Here is what I was thinking for my vaykor, looking for constructive criticism!

Breach Loader - 120% Puncture

Primed Point Blank - 165% Damage

Blunderbuss - 90% Critical Chance

Vicious Spread - 90% Damage and 60% Spread (I am kind of concerned about this mod specifically.)

Primed Ravage - 110% Critical Damage

Hells Chamber - 120% Multishot

1 Dual Stat Elemental - Subject to change depending on faction, or your opinions.

Raw Damage Elemental - Subject to change depending on faction, or your opinions.

Thanks for your time, please tell me if this is good or if I should adjust it!

11 answers to this question

ideal vs Grineer:

LRA6d6E.png

Corpus isn't so clean cut though. Magnetic + Toxin is viable, Radiation + Toxin/Puncture is viable, Magnetic + Puncture is viable - really depends on what Enemy Types you want to die the most.
i'd go with Toxin at all times though, as the Enemies with the most EHP are on foot - aside from Bursas, that's a different matter.
the choices are interesting here.

ideal vs Infested:

b88UMzb.png

you could either add more Fire, or add Ice to make Blast. all depends on if you want to focus on the Heavies more, or perhaps deal a bit more Damage vs Eximus Light Infested.

note, all of these suggestions are only talking about if all you want is maximum reliable Damage.
Mods like Seeking Fury/Seeking Force, other Utility Mods or situational Crit Mods aren't included here.
to that end, you'll have to experiment yourself to find what you like. Punch-Through is nice if you ask me, and Seeking Fury brings the Reload down to the same as Hek. perhaps you'd want to use the special Crit Chance or Crit Damage Mods.
normally you'll have 3 Elementals on the Weapon though, making for not much choice in flexibility. usually 2 Elementals for primary combo and then Blaze to back it up - but if your primary Combo for a Faction includes Fire, then you'd have more flexible choices for sure.

2 minutes ago, Rbadam said:

Vicious Spread* Sorry my bad

Vicious Spread is an optional mod.

The damage boost is really nice, but in my build, I have no room for it because of the crit mods.

If you want to keep your corrosive only to make sure you can proc it (While still having IPS but ignoring fire because it's something else to proc), then you can go with Vicious.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

29 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

You could go with this build:

http://goo.gl/cDDTVL

Personally I like to run Seeking Fury for punch through but I assume you are looking for just a raw damage build.

Yeah. I think that build is nice too, but Breach Chamber is non-negotiable with it :S, Thanks for the post though. If I trade out blaze or vicious spread for breach chamber, it's pretty alike to my build.

hm i think the question should be more on about vaykor hek usage than just the raw build.. because that will dictate the end build

no need to worry about reload speed, punchthru, vicious spread, or physical damage mods on this weapon if you want to emphasize its strong point

it has a fairly tight spread, amazing sustained output and crit potential that rewards accuracy - building for crit headshots is what makes vayhek shine above other weapons and outperfom them at higher levels

optimally just 2 x 90% elemental, blaze, mandatory primed dmg/multishot and primed crit mods then one last free slot of your choice depending on playstyle (seeking fury IS great QoL) but laser sight is a natural choice since your going for headshots and aiming anyways to take down scaled enemies