The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 mouse + keyboard play?

(PSN)PHILWIGGLYBITS

Question

13 answers to this question

17 hours ago, Phasedragon said:

This would definitely open up options, though. Controllers just don't have enough buttons to fully utilize the entire movement system.

Good point... I suppose it would be open for trial.

Just don't look at me. I'm staying on my PC thank you very much. XD

44 minutes ago, (PS4)PHILWIGGLYBITS said:

I've wanted to transfer my PS4 data to my new PC for a while now but I understand that I can't :D Just wondering if it's possible to use mouse and keyboard while playing on my PS4?

Transferring won't happen likely. But mouse and keyboard are compatible to your PS4. You just plug it in via USB. It should ask you to link a profile with the controls. Choose the profile regarding your keyboard and mouse and you should then be able to navigate the console’s OS from the keyboard and mouse and get it to work in games.
It's been a little bit since last I've done it (used it for Final Fantasy XIV), but it should still work regardless lol. The only times I really use a keyboard nowadays is when I'm watching live streams and want to chat with whoever lol.

Oh, and if your keyboard and/or mouse is wireless via Bluetooth, all you need to do is go into your device settings > Bluetooth options which should just search for the device(s) from there.

Hope that helps!~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow
Should have mentioned, I was only referring to your PS4 specifically, since as someone pointed out, Warframe currently doesn't have mouse support strangely. I was just answering your question if you can plug them into your PS4 lol.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)PHILWIGGLYBITS said:

I don't think the game currently has support for playing with keyboard and mouse, only for typing. I hope they do something with it in the future but, nothing else is going good for me so far XD my friend really wants me to play again but I'm gonna have to drag myself back 

I did a quick search and yeah I saw as well the game doesn't support mouse devices. Very strange since intuition would tell you otherwise lol. Oh well, it was worth a shot :P

28 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

It would be really weird though if in the future, you could use the Keyboard to move around and stuff normally, but have to aim with the right thumbstick... lol

That's just asking for trouble lol

This would definitely open up options, though. Controllers just don't have enough buttons to fully utilize the entire movement system.

16 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Good point... I suppose it would be open for trial.

Just don't look at me. I'm staying on my PC thank you very much. XD

Yeah, keyboard + controller is kinda the worst of both worlds. Joystick + mouse would be the best of both, that's why there are things like the g13

Can't believe I'm dragging this post up again, but apparently ps4 remote play is having the functionality for PC and Mac streaming being implemented... So maybe by extension this means warframe with my keyboard and mouse is in the realm of possibility? XD who knows, since I'm not all that familiar with the remote play service. But if there's any truth to it I've gotta spam some Ethernet cables around my whole house XD